Multiple Level 1 Violations Discovered

Fuller didn’t cause this. Everyone on here loved Pruitt last year. He cheated and still couldn’t win! Fuller didn’t cheat. Hell Pruitt never roof advice... I promise he called the plays.. Offense wins games

I never loved Pruitt. I thought his team was lifeless vs WVU. I thought he was terrible vs Ga State. I thought he was one lucky bounce of an onside kick from losing to a team he should have boatraced in the bowl game.

Reactions: davethevol
The fact that Fulmer is allowed to “retire” with his dignity may also suggest that the problems do not run too deep. Hopefully, it can be limited to poor supervision of an assistant by Pruitt.

Do you think they would have had CPF on the stage if he was culpable at all? They indicated they had gone through the reports in detail and he was still there. Figure it out. They did state there was big systematic efforts to hide the violations from outside his staff. I am surprised there were only two on field guys besides Pruitt. Gotta see some details before I get too wound up.

Reactions: volkayaker
Ok so here is a big question. We thought Dooley left the program in bad shape. Butch walks in and ups the ante. Now Pruitt and fat ass Fulmer has left the program in complete shambles.

So how long does the next HC get? I realize many fans on here just automatically assume that if anHV doesn’t get it done in 3 years he is gone. Is that still the case? Is our situation right now exactly the same as many other programs?
Just improvement in 3 years.... that's the issue. Most understand where the program is. But don't underperform the talent and get better each year.

Honestly what would give anyone the reasoning that we will hire anyone above subpar when our last 3 hires have been disastrous? Also, what coach would want to step in at this point, especially with NCAA punishments about to be laid down? I’m just being realistic honestly.

Depends on the severity of the sanctions.
Exactly. People who say Kiffin failed at USC did not see the scholarship restrictions he took on from Pete Carroll. Whatever restrictions we get then the new coach will be hampered from moderately to severely depending what gets sent down.

Honestly what would give anyone the reasoning that we will hire anyone above subpar when our last 3 hires have been disastrous? Also, what coach would want to step in at this point, especially with NCAA punishments about to be laid down? I’m just being realistic honestly.
I understand your fears, but we have a new chancellor and president, and they seem committed to winning at the highest level (though it's just words at this point). I feel a little relief at this point and I think our confidence will be restored. Perhaps the rotational axis of the Big Orange Screw has shifted.

Do you think they would have had CPF on the stage if he was culpable at all? They indicated they had gone through the reports in detail and he was still there. Figure it out. They did state there was big systematic efforts to hide the violations from outside his staff. I am surprised there were only two on field guys besides Pruitt. Gotta see some details before I get too wound up.
What do you mean “figure it out”? You just repeated my point!

I understand your fears, but we have a new chancellor and president, and they seem committed to winning at the highest level (though it's just words at this point). I feel a little relief at this point and I think our confidence will be restored. Perhaps the rotational axis of the Big Orange Screw has shifted.
I agree and want some hope but honestly the only way we hire a coach with a good track record is if we absolutely back up several brinks trucks to someone’s front door.

I don’t hate Fulmer. I hate Fulmer being the AD. I don’t hate Pruitt either but I want him nowhere near the program. Apparently the university of Tennessee feels the same way.

Come on. Go watch the presser and get back to us. Pruitt screwed us. Got it. Go check out every other sport on the UT site and see how many have positive vs negative trajectory! That might explain the love they showed him today. Made it plain they will seek his advice even in retirement. So they want him near the program and they actually have facts.

Yep, if Currie had pulled off the Leach hire we would be in better shape than we are now and that we will be the next 3-4 years. Fulmer’s machinations have been so damaging that they should consider removing his name from the street that touches Neyland Stadium.

You seriously would have him as the face of your program after his bowl debacle?

Kinda makes me wonder if that incompetent QB, who started too many games, perhaps knew something and was holding it over Pruitt's head?

The fact that Fulmer is allowed to “retire” with his dignity may also suggest that the problems do not run too deep. Hopefully, it can be limited to poor supervision of an assistant by Pruitt.
I also think that this is to soften the blow. You make one bad decision hiring a football coach and you retire. You make a second bad coaching hire then the fans that are still in your corner are going to revolt and so to salvage your legacy and give another piece of evidence to NCAA we are starting fresh then we can do whats best for everyone

VN Store

Back