Multiple Level 1 Violations Discovered

It becomes a self feeding machine. Saban didn't walk into the best roster at LSU or Alabama but he won big with what was there and built the best roster. It's what great coaches do.
Sure, but 2 things. 1, the roster he inherited wasn't a disaster like what UT had been, they had signed a top-15 recruiting class every year. 2, lets also point out that bama didn't get their first hire, they essentially lucked into Saban.

Chris Low "a ridiculous number" of level 1 & 2 violations. Probably already been posted somewhere
How?
I mean really, if you look at the last few years in recruiting, we did "aight"... but only 2 players inside the 247's top 50 recruits since Pruitt got here. Not even a single #1 recruit or even top 5 and yet we cheated so badly?
How inept are the leadership really? how inept the coaches?

Reactions: TJVol95
Guess somebody needs to go and tell Oregon, Georgia and Texas that.
I should have been more specific...Tennessee should never hire a filthy cheating Gump. I could care less what the rest do. Besides, none of those are born and bred, cornbread-scarfing Gumps. They hired in to work for Saban. Ours had it in his DNA.

We're still hurting at a few positions, but I think the right coach could put us at 2nd-3rd in SEC east where we should be now
3rd in the east would not be top 25!
i do agree that is about what we will be competing for
vandy,sc,uk,mizzou---trying to be that good is really a high bar?

I should have been more specific...Tennessee should never hire a filthy cheating Gump. I could care less what the rest do. Besides, none of those are born and bred, cornbread-scarfing Gumps. They hired in to work for Saban. Ours had it in his DNA.

Good points. I forgot ol cornbread being from the state of Bama.

I would say after the new HC loses a game he shouldn’t, there will be cries that he isn’t the guy.
At what point do people stop giving a new coach the benefit of the doubt? When is job-performance relevant? To be sure nobody is expecting championships...but sanctions or not, why should we not expect a well-prepared and developed team, coupled with innovative and competitive scheme?

So the situations don’t really matter? It really doesn’t matter that we are now on our 4th head coach in 11 years? That Pruitt got us in deep crap with violations?

On VN? Heck no. Same fanbase that accused Fulmer of playing favorites with Archies' boy when Brandon Stewart was clearly the better qb. Same fanbase that just knew Gruden was the next coach and gained confidence in their ability to persuade when a weak leader buckled during Schiano-gate.

I have seen the enemy and he is us. 3 years is what you get to turn it around.

Reactions: kennedy262
At what point do people stop giving a new coach the benefit of the doubt? When is job-performance relevant? To be sure nobody is expecting championships...but sanctions or not, why should we not expect a well-prepared and developed team, coupled with innovative and competitive scheme?
No. You have to immediately claim he's the answer. When the losses start piling up, blame fan negativity. And a good rule here is that the fan negativity argument can fit pretty much any narrative.

Reactions: 'Boro-vol
No. You have to immediately claim he's the answer. When the losses start piling up, blame fan negativity. And a good rule here is that the fan negativity argument can fit pretty much any narrative.
So...quick question. All of the Pruitt disciples...will they follow him to his next job?

Reactions: tastycar
Per Low and Slaybaugh/ESPN

Phil absolutely destroyed the program with his meddling and hire of Pruitt. Gonna be a long road back unless we can put it all on Pruitt.
Yep, if Currie had pulled off the Leach hire we would be in better shape than we are now and that we will be the next 3-4 years. Fulmer’s machinations have been so damaging that they should consider removing his name from the street that touches Neyland Stadium.

Per Low and Slaybaugh/ESPN

Phil absolutely destroyed the program with his meddling and hire of Pruitt. Gonna be a long road back unless we can put it all on Pruitt.
Yeah this is worse than one more year of Pruitt.

Sure, but 2 things. 1, the roster he inherited wasn't a disaster like what UT had been, they had signed a top-15 recruiting class every year. 2, lets also point out that bama didn't get their first hire, they essentially lucked into Saban.

Saban took over the 10th, 5th, 5th, and 7th rated classes coming into his first season. Not in the nation. Those were where Alabama finished in the SEC the 4 seasons prior to his hire. Year 2 on the field Alabama finished 2nd in the SEC, year 3 1st.

Reactions: volkayaker

VN Store

Back