‘23 MS S John Slaughter (Tennessee commit)

Beggars can't be choosers. Need to do more with less. You think a bunch of 4 and 5 star players want to sign up to play for a defense that's gonna be on the field 80% of the game? Dream on.

That's a good reason to sign up. The opportunity to make plays.

Reactions: Devo182
A lot of 3 stars make it to the Super Bowl. If you look at our average player rating on on3 we are in the top 8. Not bad. Hope he works out.
Well we did win out over several second tier teams in the sec. unfortunately That’s our level, with a few exceptions, right now. Winning the winnable games on our schedule and ending in the top 20 this year will be a significant help in future recruiting.

Reactions: LouderVol
Not a stargazer. No one notable offered him

I might see your point if we didn’t begin going after this guy until right before signing day but the staff has had him at the top of their board for a long time now. Obviously they see something in him so I’ll go ahead and trust that.

Beggars can't be choosers. Need to do more with less. You think a bunch of 4 and 5 star players want to sign up to play for a defense that's gonna be on the field 80% of the game? Dream on.
If you like to play football, you want to play every down. Why do you think these kids want to play both ways. In fact, a majority of kids want to play defense more than oddness unless they are a QB or RB. If they are lazy and don't want to play, I don't want them on my team.

The thing I liked the most while watching his hudl was how much he kept an eye on the QB during pass protection.

I remember when there were a lot of ruffled feathers when we introduced the black uniforms last year, but literally every single recruit instagram post from their official visit is them in the black unis. They LOVE them. Huge recruiting tool. Can’t wait to see the black helmet this season for the true all-black look. I assume the supply chain issue will be solved by then.

VN Store

Back