‘23 MS S John Slaughter (Tennessee commit)

The state of Mississippi produces more NFL players per capita than any other state.
Yep. I have an uncle who used to say when I was a kid that if there were only one school instead of three* in Mississippi, no one could touch them.

*He was talking about the Brett Favre days

Edit: Miss Valley and Jerry Rice said, hold my beer😀

Last edited:
I’m not sure why people think we should be this soon. “We are Tennessee” worked in 2002. It doesn’t in 2022. The realistic short term goal is to establish some degree of stability, not to think we can go from the cellar to the level of UGA and Bama in 2 years. Right now, we’re mainly trying to just beat everyone else. You can beat Florida with 3 stars if they’re coached well. Kentucky and South Carolina proved that.

You crap on this kid because we beat Ole Miss for him, but if we have the success that Ole Miss had last year, this year, you’ll start seeing much more momentum with big names on the recruiting trail.
Ole Miss didn’t beat us with defense, silly

dude this is tired.

hopefully you'll be banned and outta here soon. You bring nothing to this place.
I’m very positive when it’s warranted. This isn’t anything to get overly excited about y’all. Hope we found a diamond in the rough… and also hope our defense isn’t eventually made entirely of such! Need some stars. Guys you have to actually game plan around.

I’m very positive when it’s warranted. This isn’t anything to get overly excited about y’all. Hope we found a diamond in the rough… and also hope our defense isn’t eventually made entirely of such! Need some stars. Guys you have to actually game plan around.
Who’s “overly excited”? Just cuz we ain’t crapping on it? 😏

Cincinnati had two of the best cornerbacks in all of college football last season. Neither of whom would you have been "overly excited" about coming out of high school.

Evidently the other schools in the sec did and didn’t offer

He has been a silent to UT for months. He told MSState (and everyone who called) and they stopped wasting their time.

Florida, Kentucky and Florida State all tried to get involved but were told thanks but no thanks.

Ole Miss continued recruiting him only because Lane is an ego maniac who thinks he can flip anyone.

Agreed that UGA and Bama didn't offer him, but he could have gone to about 10 of the 14 SEC schools.

VN Store

Back