'24 MS DL Kamarion Franklin (Ole Miss commit)

I disagree the Quarterback is always a must get he is the straw that stirs the drink per say

Really? Wrong. A QB is only as good as his OL and other offensive players. People need to stop with the QB is the end all. Remember how bad our OL was under Pruitt? Put Nico back there. Wouldn’t matter much. I don’t care how skilled a QB is. If the OL can’t block and donuts job then said QB is doomed.

Also no a QB isn’t a must get. Especially with the portal. It was fantastic to get Merklinger. But say we didn’t get a QB. Heupel could just go into the portal and possibly find another Hendon Hooker.

Really? Wrong. A QB is only as good as his OL and other offensive players. People need to stop with the QB is the end all. Remember how bad our OL was under Pruitt? Put Nico back there. Wouldn’t matter much. I don’t care how skilled a QB is. If the OL can’t block and donuts job then said QB is doomed.

Also no a QB isn’t a must get. Especially with the portal. It was fantastic to get Merklinger. But say we didn’t get a QB. Heupel could just go into the portal and possibly find another Hendon Hooker.
Agree to disagree maybe your the expert though

Disagree with the notion that nobody is must get. There are a certain caliber of players that we must get to get to where we want to be. Ask Georgia and Bama. Now individually outside of probably QB, probably not necessarily a "must get" but we "must get" those caliber of players at high-impact positions like QB, OT, WR, DL, EDGE, CB

Disagree with the notion that nobody is must get. There are a certain caliber of players that we must get to get to where we want to be. Ask Georgia and Bama. Now individually outside of probably QB, probably not necessarily a "must get" but we "must get" those caliber of players at high-impact positions like QB, OT, WR, DL, EDGE, CB
Saying that a certain caliber of player is a “must-get” at various positions is entirely different than singling out a list of eight specific players and claiming that all eight of those specific guys are “must-gets”.

A program "must get" talent. It needs coaches that can evaluate and then develop talent. It needs guys with talent and the right attitude toward work and development.

It is incorrect to say that a program "must get" any particular recruit. A program "must get" a lot of guys with potential knowing many simply won't work out for a variety of reasons. Obviously QB is a very important position to fill with a depth of quality competitors. Just as obvious, the OL makes a big impact on how well a QB can display his talent. This isn't one before the other but a matter of "irreducible complexity". One cannot work without the other working. BOTH limit the effectiveness of the other.

Reactions: LittleVol
Forgot about those guys. I think Brian Darden was another one.
Using the draft as an objective measure of 5* players who were worthy of the label, I think it is very fair to say that UT's 5* players over the year have succeeded well below the 60% average.

The 2007 class was the one supposed to make things right again. There were an amazing five 5* players headlining that class. Eric Berry was one who excelled. The other four were Chris Donald, Kenny O'Neal, Ben Martin, and Brent Vinson.

The 4* weren't much better. They included Darius Sawtelle, Lennon Creer, Ahmad Paige, BJ Coleman... among other disappointments. That "great" #3 recruiting class was a huge part of Fulmer's fall and UT's malaise post-Fulmer.

Exactly lol. “Derrick Henry was a must get for Alabama” “Deshaun Watson was a must get for Clemson” wow amazing analysis

That's NOT what our Volnation recruiting experts are arguing about in regards to "must get"

They're basing it off star rankings, and team needs. Mostly star rankings and the perception that UGA can only be equaled by getting 5 stars...

Reactions: butchna

VN Store

Back