'24 MS DL Kamarion Franklin (Ole Miss commit)

...as opposed to the ridiculous amount of money that we threw at Nico? I'm not saying that he didn't get paid. My point is that nobody really knows if the real reason that he chose Miami over us or other schools was strictly because Miami offered him more NIL money than other schools were willing to offer.

For example, if he informed our coaching staff that he had decided to go to Miami, what is a more palatable explanation to put out there? That he chose Miami over us, or that Miami simply paid him more NIL money than he was worth? As was discussed in the Ryan Wingo recruiting thread earlier today, Georgia recruiting guys always claim that kids had grade issues when they choose another school over Georgia.
We paid a QB an insane amount. Miami paid an entire class an insane amount. It’s known.

Reactions: orangebloodgmc
We paid a QB an insane amount. Miami paid an entire class an insane amount. It’s known.
Since "it's known", please tell me Miami's total NIL spend last year versus UT's total NIL spend. This isn't meant to be directly aimed at you, SweetasSoda. Since there are so many of you that claim that this info is widely reported and common knowledge, I'll open it up to the entire group.

Last edited:
Reactions: Smokey19rt
Since "it's known", please tell me Miami's total NIL spend last year versus UT's total NIL spend. This isn't directed at you, SweetasSoda. Since there are so many of you that claim that this info is widely reported and common knowledge, I'll open it up to the entire group.
I didn’t mean the exact dollar amounts are known. I meant basically that it has been reported by several reporters that Miami had a filthy rich booster openly paying ridiculous amounts to recruits. Just like it was reported about Tennessee doing that with a QB. It’s not hard to then draw a conclusion that they were able to change the recruits mind to go to Miami over the last few days before he made a commitment when it was believed he loved Tennessee and Nico…because he loved his family more. Nothing in writing though.

I didn’t mean the exact dollar amounts are known. I meant basically that it has been reported by several reporters that Miami had a filthy rich booster openly paying ridiculous amounts to recruits. Just like it was reported about Tennessee doing that with a QB. It’s not hard to then draw a conclusion that they were able to change the recruits mind to go to Miami over the last few days before he made a commitment when it was believed he loved Tennessee and Nico…because he loved his family more. Nothing in writing though.
...which gets directly to the heart of my previous point. There are rumors about NIL deals. There are no hard facts known. Even your comment about changing recruits' minds over the last few days is nothing more than rumors. Nobody really knows for sure which way a recruit is leaning until they announce their commitment or officially sign. That leaves NIL deals as a great explanation to be used by schools for why they lost top recruits to other schools.

This is the new Volnation urban legend...every recruit that commits elsewhere did so because they threw the bank at him in NIL, and we just couldn't match it. That's pure BS.
Maybe…really shouldn’t bother you so.

Reactions: Orange.
...which gets directly to the heart of my previous point. There are rumors about NIL deals. There are no hard facts known. Even your comment about changing recruits' minds over the last few days is nothing more than rumors. Nobody really knows for sure which way a recruit is leaning until they announce their commitment or officially sign. That leaves NIL deals as a great explanation to be used by schools for why they lost top recruits to other schools.
…which goes right back to my point. It was more than a few upset fans on Volnation just saying saying we didn’t get that recruit so it had to be NIL. It was widely accepted by those in the media and other canvases that Miami did in fact have a booster paying recruits ridiculous amounts last year. Nobody said this about Nebraska or UNC or FL ST.

Can you share the data you have that shows on3 is the most accurate at rating recruits? What metrics were used in this data? Did you, or has someone, analyzed their individual recruit rankings for multiple years vs on-field college production? Imagine that would be difficult seeing as how on3 only started in 2021 but I’m very interested in which metrics you’re using.
It's very simple. Whichever site has our overall class rating the highest does the most research and is the best at ranking athletes at that given point in time.

I thought AP said that Cristibal had been recruiting him to Oregon forever? Like that was his biggest factor to UM. But I might have forgotten where AP said it was the bag.
2A0B0D49-174E-44B7-B03C-4304FBC48AC8.pngHere is a discussion from the FM thread where it was discussed that the only way we would lose him if we were outbid…. Ericvol stated that he had a good relationship with cristobal.. I do feel like He had a relationship with Cristobal but it is pretty common knowledge that Ruiz was throwing around money like crazy…. He even paid FM’s brother to transfer to Miami from Washington State.

View attachment 554456Here is a discussion from the FM thread where it was discussed that the only way we would lose him if we were outbid…. Ericvol stated that he had a good relationship with cristobal.. I do feel like He had a relationship with Cristobal but it is pretty common knowledge that Ruiz was throwing around money like crazy…. He even paid FM’s brother to transfer to Miami from Washington State.
Why is it so bright?

Reactions: LouderVol

VN Store

Back