'24 MS DL Kamarion Franklin (Ole Miss commit)

kids like this are guaranteed a spot. even if that means kicking a 3* kid to the curb. Recruiting is a dirty business.
it won't be recruits getting the boot anymore. No 25 limit.

going to be kicking some underperformer out.

I don't know. Ask Francis Maiuaga. Maybe Ruiz will pay more than Spyre again.
If it becomes all about money sometimes it’s better to let the Miami’s and A@M’s win. Nothing wrong with players making money, and we have a strong NIL in our own right. But character and being a good fit for the culture is important too. Striking that balance is huge! Having said all that, I think Franklin will be all Vol! GBO!

If it becomes all about money sometimes it’s better to let the Miami’s and A@M’s win. Nothing wrong with players making money, and we have a strong NIL in our own right. But character and being a good fit for the culture is important too. Striking that balance is huge! Having said all that, I think Franklin will be all Vol! GBO!
I don't even consider Miami a threat for him.

Or it was reported by everyone that followed his recruitment.
It was insinuated by people that had no actual knowledge of the details. Then it was repeated ad nauseam, thereby morphing into "reported by everyone that followed his recruitment." It was repeated constantly on the internet. Therefore, it must be true.

It was insinuated by people that had no actual knowledge of the details. Then it was repeated ad nauseam, thereby morphing into "reported by everyone that followed his recruitment." It was repeated constantly on the internet. Therefore, it must be true.
I’d say it was more than insinuated that Miami had a booster paying recruits ridiculous amounts of money.

This is the new Volnation urban legend...every recruit that commits elsewhere did so because they threw the bank at him in NIL, and we just couldn't match it. That's pure BS.
Of course its not every recruit that we don't get. Literally nobody says that. But sometimes NIL plays a role and Miami and Ruiz bought several last cycle.
It's naive to think otherwise.

Not saying NIL will impact Franklin as I have no idea.

Agree on both counts.

I’d say it was more than insinuated that Miami had a booster paying recruits ridiculous amounts of money.
...as opposed to the ridiculous amount of money that we threw at Nico? I'm not saying that he didn't get paid. My point is that nobody really knows if the real reason that he chose Miami over us or other schools was strictly because Miami offered him more NIL money than other schools were willing to offer.

For example, if he informed our coaching staff that he had decided to go to Miami, what is a more palatable explanation to put out there? That he chose Miami over us, or that Miami simply paid him more NIL money than he was worth? As was discussed in the Ryan Wingo recruiting thread earlier today, Georgia recruiting guys always claim that kids had grade issues when they choose another school over Georgia.

Last edited:
Of course its not every recruit that we don't get. Literally nobody says that. But sometimes NIL plays a role and Miami and Ruiz bought several last cycle.
It's naive to think otherwise.

Not saying NIL will impact Franklin as I have no idea.
Yes. The use of the term "every recruit" was hyperbole. I assumed that was implied and blue font wasn't necessary.

VN Store

Back