Movies you've seen recently II

Thanks for the recommendation. Just seems like he’s dropped off in recent roles. That one looks good. I like Jeff Bridges so going to check this out.
I’ve watched it 3-4 times. I think Ben Foster played the best part in the movie. So many unique minor parts like both waitresses and the first lady being robbed.

Reactions: Behr
Beast…4.5/10. Idris Elba has a couple mediocre films out right now. Decent CGI and ending.

There’s really not much new to see right now. Maverick and Crawdads are great but they’ve been out awhile now.

This movie is getting a crazy response. Darren Aranofsky isn't exactly a crowd pleaser and it currently has a 9.4 on imdb

Screenshot_20220904-214919_Facebook.jpg

Reactions: bignewt
The Gray Man - Netflix

My wife talked me into watching it and I was surprised how good it was, especially for a Netflix movie. I think it would have done great at the box office. It was sort of like the Bourne Identity, but with a little humor.

4 ****

Chris Evans, Ryan Gosling, and Billy Bob Thornton.

Watched the mummy with Tom cruise last night. It was so bad it was good🤣. I actually ended up enjoying it. Watched maverick tonight at home, just as good as in the theater.

Can't believe I'm the first person to bring up The Outfit (now streaming on Prime). That movie was great and Mark Rylance had an awesome performance. Could easily be a stage play as the entire mafia drama unfolds in a men's suit store.

Everything was so good, except I thought it was pretty silly when Leonard says "Francis shot...." and left it hanging and Boyle didn't suspect that he was gonna say "Richie." Also, I didn't understand why the La Fontaine's wanted the tape?

The 2nd ending didn't totally work for me where he has a final confrontation with Francis, but I thought it was really smart how it was a parallel to how he said he hates the final touches on a suit because they don't require skill. The fine craftsmanship is already finished at that point.

Last edited:

VN Store

Back