Movies you've seen recently II

Nope...8/10

Peele is one creative dude. His use of sound, silence, lighting for suspense and intensity is incredible. Takes a seemingly basic, ho-hum story and makes you not want to miss a second.

I watched Nope last night. It was solid. 7/10. It wasn't up to the level of Get Out, but, as usual, I really enjoyed Peele's work.

Stillwater, Matt Damon as a roughneck who's daughter has problems in France. 9 /10 , found it enteraining.
Wife says it's on at least two services that we get.

I thought it was pretty good, but Amanda Knox, who this is based on, says this movie is BS.

I thought it was pretty good, but Amanda Knox, who this is based on, says this movie is BS.
Correct me if I’m wrong here, but they don’t claim this to be Knox’s story although it shares many similarities. Knox wanted to be compensated for the story and is mad because she wasn’t

Reactions: NYCVolunteer
Correct me if I’m wrong here, but they don’t claim this to be Knox’s story although it shares many similarities. Knox wanted to be compensated for the story and is mad because she wasn’t

I haven't seen anything about her wanting money, but that would not surprise me if she did.

I read an article about the movie and the guy who wrote it said he was inspired by her story. They did change a lot of details though.

I'm not sure if she's guilty or not.

My wife and I went and saw Where the crawfish sing today. She loved it and felt it followed the book. I give it a 6/10, not my type of movie. My wife would give it an 8/10.

Reactions: SycloneJoe
Watched Little Big Man, free on Amazon Prime. One of my classics. Do yourself a favor and give it a look!

Old Lodge Skins has the best lines -

• Old Lodge Skins : Let's go back to the teepee and eat, my son. My new snake wife cooks dog very well.
    Jack Crabb : All right, Grandfather.
    Old Lodge Skins : She also has a very soft skin. The only trouble with snake women is they copulate with horses, which makes them strange to me. She say's she doesn't. That's why I call her "Doesn't Like Horses". But, of course, she's lying.

• Jack Crabb : Grandfather, I have a white wife.
    Old Lodge Skins : You do? That's interesting. Does she cook and does she work hard.
    Jack Crabb : Yes, Grandfather.
    Old Lodge Skins : That surprises me. Does she show pleasant enthusiasm when you mount her?
    Jack Crabb : Well sure, Grandfather.
    Old Lodge Skins : That surprises me even more. I tried one of them once, but she didn't show any enthusiasm at all.

Reactions: walkenvol
Dr. Strange: Multiverse of Madness - 5/10. I’m glad I watched WandaVision, but this movie was a huge letdown. However, as I typed the title, MoM, suddenly stood out. All Wanda really wanted was to be a mom.

Gray Man - 7/10 lot of fun

Thor: Love and Thunder - 8/10.

American Underdog -- on Hulu. It's the story of Kurt Warner's unlikely rise to fame with the Rams. Pretty decent movie. 7/10

Reactions: joevol33

VN Store

Back