Movies you've seen recently II

For the grandkids....Yes Day. Just awful. Silly, stupid, poor acting/over acting. Kids loved it, but papaw wasn't a fan.

The Father
Anthony Hopkins clearly deserved the Best Actor Academy Award. Everyone was excellent. Maybe you have to have experienced some of this to appreciate the movie. 10/10.
On my list. Hope it lives up to your rating. Personally, I'll watch anything Anthony Hopkins is in.

The Father
Anthony Hopkins clearly deserved the Best Actor Academy Award. Everyone was excellent. Maybe you have to have experienced some of this to appreciate the movie. 10/10.

It may be his best acting job and considering who he is and how long he's done this, that's saying a ton. The movie itself is very good and the way it's shot and flows is pretty genius.

Tenet- 6/10

I was really looking forward to this last year or year before when it was supposed to come out. I enjoy sci-fi and it was something I thought was a new take on time travel/manipulation. It's not bad, it's just the story seems to make jumps the viewer may not understand. It felt like they wrote a script and then said "crap this is going to be a 3 1/2 hour movie. We have to trim it down to 2 1/2 hours." And so they cut several scenes short that actually explained things more thoroughly.

I went back and re-watched certain parts and I get what's happening, it just felt like it needed more development.

It sorta only made sense in the last 20 minutes. Definitely would've been easier to follow if it was spread over 2 movies

If you watch it a 2nd time, it's a whole different experience.
Yea I did go back and watch most of it a second time. And it was still interesting to see it from a different perspective.

But I still was trying to wrap my head around
when the protagonist and Neil are trying to get Kat to the turnstile while inverted at the airport in the latter part of the movie. Protagonist approaches the overhead door and is blow through when the engine reforms after having blown up previously. It seems like he would have been pulled toward the blast coming back to the engine, not away from it. I’m probably missing something but I watched that part like 4 times trying to see if it made sense. One time it would click and then I’d think “no wait that’s not right”.

Last edited:
Watched "Those Who Wish Me Dead" last night on HBO Max. Not a bad movie. I don't typically like Angelina Jolie, but she was alright in this one. A little different role for her. 6 or 7 out of 10.

Those Who Wish Me Dead (2021) - IMDb
I watched this movie a few days ago. Lame plot and acting IMO. Laughable in the wrong way in a few scenes.

VN Store

Back