Movies you've seen recently II

Nomadland. Academy Award for best picture and best actress. Good movie, but at 69 years I can relate. Frances Mcdormand does a good job as usual. 8/10..

Reactions: Devo182
The American Psycho novel is one of the best books of the last 50 years. The movie was well executed but...not Bret Easton Ellis' best adaptation. That would be Rules of Attraction. Vastly underrated movie.
I love American Psycho. One of the best satirical pokes at 80's I have ever seen!

Reactions: VolnJC
News of the World was pretty dang good. I mean it's Tom Hanks who is good in everything but it was a nice modern western-type movie.

The Father - I can see why Hopkins won the Oscar, outstanding performance and the way the movie was shot was great. Really gave you a small glimpse into how a person with dementia experiences life.

Tenet- 6/10

I was really looking forward to this last year or year before when it was supposed to come out. I enjoy sci-fi and it was something I thought was a new take on time travel/manipulation. It's not bad, it's just the story seems to make jumps the viewer may not understand. It felt like they wrote a script and then said "crap this is going to be a 3 1/2 hour movie. We have to trim it down to 2 1/2 hours." And so they cut several scenes short that actually explained things more thoroughly.

I went back and re-watched certain parts and I get what's happening, it just felt like it needed more development.

I didn't see Hunger Games so I have no idea.
We watched The Nest tonight, Jude Law. More good acting, but very depressing. Just about the misery of life. Maybe I need to stick to cartoons.

I loved The Nest. A lot of people won't dig the ending though

in the last few weeks:

snowpiercer - (been thinking about watching the show (it's on my list at least), so wanted to watch the movie first)

I don't feel at home in this world anymore (this is pretty quirky/funny dark humor - decently entertaining. has Rose from two and a half men and a "badass" elijah wood)

the woman in the window

special correspondents

The Professor and the Madman 7/10 Netflix Mel Gibson and Sean Penn. Biographical story of how a prisoner with schizophrenia helped with edits to the original Oxford Dictionary. Critics seemed to dislike it...it kept me entertained for a couple hours. Gibson and Penn both good in their roles
The Professor and the Madman (2019) - IMDb

in the last few weeks:

snowpiercer - (been thinking about watching the show (it's on my list at least), so wanted to watch the movie first)

I don't feel at home in this world anymore (this is pretty quirky/funny dark humor - decently entertaining. has Rose from two and a half men and a "badass" elijah wood)

the woman in the window

special correspondents
Wasn't crazy about the Snowpiercer movie, but I love the series.

I LOVE being back in theaters!

Profile...7/10

True story. Very interesting and scary at the same time. The whole movie is filmed from a “Skype” perspective which is different. The ending wasn’t quite as “Hollywood” as I expected. My wife and I both enjoyed it.

The Father
Anthony Hopkins clearly deserved the Best Actor Academy Award. Everyone was excellent. Maybe you have to have experienced some of this to appreciate the movie. 10/10.

VN Store

Back