Movies you've seen recently II

Fell asleep watching the new Clancy movie on Prime with Mike B Jordan. The action was cool but the acting was pretty stiff. I'll finish it

Reactions: FLVOL_79
Thought the first 1/3 was really good. Then it kept slowly getting worse util the comical ending. Waste of time imo.

Thought the first 1/3 was really good. Then it kept slowly getting worse util the comical ending. Waste of time imo.
It kinda went downhill after he set the car on fire to me. I finished it though.

Reactions: Behr
The Dig 2021 Netflix 6/10 Ralph Fiennes stars as amateur archeologist Basil Brown in WWII era biopic story about one of the biggest finds in English history...an Anglo-Saxon burial ship...I generally love this type...but it was disjointed and even the cinematography was a letdown...not sure why they included the side story of the young married couple...it added nothing to the plot or story...perhaps there just wasn't enough there for a movie with the discovery itself The Dig (2021) - IMDb

The American Psycho novel is one of the best books of the last 50 years. The movie was well executed but...not Bret Easton Ellis' best adaptation. That would be Rules of Attraction. Vastly underrated movie.
I watch it every time it is on. That movie hits way too close to home. I know, and I bet a lot of people also know just about every person in that movie . It doesn’t hurt that I was in college when this movie came out.

It kinda went downhill after he set the car on fire to me. I finished it though.
I knew it was going to be a sh!t hollywood puff piece when there was a female Navy Seal. Michael B Jordan's acting was pretty awful as well which wasn't surprising.

I knew it was going to be a sh!t hollywood puff piece when there was a female Navy Seal. Michael B Jordan's acting was pretty awful as well which wasn't surprising.
I haven’t seen it yet, but it sounds like I’m going to be disappointed. It’s a shame that Prime is screwing up these Clancy characters. After what I thought was very a promising first season of Jack Ryan they gave it a bigger budget and it turned into just another Hollywood type of shoot em and explosions movie that lacked any substance. Jack Ryan is supposed to be kind of the reluctant warrior who doesn’t seek out trouble, but can handle himself if he finds himself in a tough situation. They basically turned him into a Tier 1 Special Ops guy in Season 2 and got rid of his love interest who plays a huge part in all of the novels.

I got tickled at how "bad" he was supposed to be, yet she put him on the ground on the plane grabbing his wrist.

Watched Without Remorse because my parents were visiting and they wanted to see it. Man was it bad. Fell asleep an hour in I doubt it got much better. Not an ounce of originality and the dialogue was pathetic. 2/10

The Dig 2021 Netflix 6/10 Ralph Fiennes stars as amateur archeologist Basil Brown in WWII era biopic story about one of the biggest finds in English history...an Anglo-Saxon burial ship...I generally love this type...but it was disjointed and even the cinematography was a letdown...not sure why they included the side story of the young married couple...it added nothing to the plot or story...perhaps there just wasn't enough there for a movie with the discovery itself The Dig (2021) - IMDb

In agreement.

Reactions: VolnJC
The Lobster
Weird, stupid, sad, disgusting. Rotten Tomatoes gave it 87. I'd give it 37. The acting was excellent. DW likened it to Hunger games.

Hunger Games is a weird comp. I gotta admit, I loved The Lobster. It's wild.
I didn't see Hunger Games so I have no idea.
We watched The Nest tonight, Jude Law. More good acting, but very depressing. Just about the misery of life. Maybe I need to stick to cartoons.

I didn't see Hunger Games so I have no idea.
We watched The Nest tonight, Jude Law. More good acting, but very depressing. Just about the misery of life. Maybe I need to stick to cartoons.
Cartoons are awesome!

Reactions: Go aeiou
Minari slice of life story about a Korean family trying to farm in Arkansas. I enjoyed it, very real and I felt their plight. 8/10

Fisherman's Friends 7/10 Netflix...cinematography and I like James Purefoy so I figured I'd try it...trueish story about a group of fisherman singing sea shanties scoring a record deal...feel good film that would work as a chaser to a recently watched darker movie. Fisherman's Friends (2019) - IMDb

normally don't watch a ton of movies (usually just watch shows), but been watching more the last few months

a few I've watched over the last 2-3 weeks:
hotel artemis
yes man (it had been some years since I had seen it)
knives out
everything must go
Melvin goes to dinner
In Time

(EDIT: I think at least a few of those were mentioned in here, so thanks for the recommendations/reviews)

Reactions: VolnJC
"You think I got this job because I'm fat and jolly?" Fat Man. Pretty good movie, but no awards. The writing might have been the best part for me. Walton Goggins was excellent. 7/10

I watched what could only be described as the child of The Room.

It was called The GoodTimesKid.

VN Store

Back