More Climate BS...

Lol yeah let's not try anything new, everyone knows sail is the only way to power a ship.

Did you know there are plans to try the use of sails for large cargo ships? There's absolutely nothing wrong with trying something new; there's everything wrong with planning complete change to something new without proof of concept or without having made plans for the infrastructure to support the change. There are all kinds of funny old sayings that have existed through the ages, and most of them like "Don't put all your eggs in one basket" survive for a very real reason.

Sailing Cargo Ships are Making a Genuine Comeback

“We just lived through the hottest 12 months” implies ever. If not then it is a poorly written statement.

I remember a very similar headline - saw it sometime after your post. If you try to find any headlines like that today, looks like you won't. Today they all read something like "Hottest temperature in recorded history". I honestly thought you had it wrong until I saw the same wording without the "in recorded history". I guess the cleanup body has been out sanitizing and amending the headlines today.

Seemed pretty moderate around here. I can't remember a day above 100, but I do remember some past years with several days that topped 100. On average if one region is significantly hotter, others will have to be cooler - that's how it works with a closed system that cannot respond rapidly. My question about the "global average temperature" is how the averaging is done ... for example, the heat islands (cities in general) are getting bigger and probably hotter. Are things like that skewing estimates? Ocean temps are measured differently now ... are there comparisons between the old and the new? I trust math just fine, but not statisticians.
they are. just none of the reports that talk about those extenuating circumstances see the light of day.

Heat island, and more sensitive equipment means the data we have today is not apples to apples with what we are comparing too in the past.

I remember a very similar headline - saw it sometime after your post. If you try to find any headlines like that today, looks like you won't. Today they all read something like "Hottest temperature in recorded history". I honestly thought you had it wrong until I saw the same wording without the "in recorded history". I guess the cleanup body has been out sanitizing and amending the headlines today.

And if you look into what is recorded history it's just a 2-3 hundred years. They don't use headlines like "this was the hottest year in the last 200 years" because it defeats their agenda.

And if you look into what is recorded history it's just a 2-3 hundred years. They don't use headlines like "this was the hottest year in the last 200 years" because it defeats their agenda.
and it hasn't been that long that there's been a global "standard" for what 0 and 100 DegC are.

Oh well that changes everything. Where can we find the records of the temperatures back then, are they carved into stone tablets or painted on cave walls?
Where to find those records? Why the same place you found the north pole was a temperate rain forest.

and it hasn't been that long that there's been a global "standard" for what 0 and 100 DegC are.

would love to see some correlation that takes into account instrument accuracy today versus all those previous years, types of instruments, location(s) of measurement instruments, how many data points are used today versus "then", standards in place over time, etc.
Likely more than I can digest but I'm sure there are few folks (looking at you 64), who could make sense of it.

Reactions: AM64
would love to see some correlation that takes into account instrument accuracy today versus all those previous years, types of instruments, location(s) of measurement instruments, how many data points are used today versus "then", standards in place over time, etc.
Likely more than I can digest but I'm sure there are few folks (looking at you 64), who could make sense of it.

I'm sure through ice cores and other methods they can get an idea of what temperatures were in a specific spot a 100,000 years ago but nothing so accurate they can determine the hottest year over the last 100,000 years.

Reactions: AM64
I'm sure through ice cores and other methods they can get an idea of what temperatures were in a specific spot a 100,000 years ago but nothing so accurate they can determine the hottest year over the last 100,000 years.

Exaactly. I've been thinking more about that, and it is true from ice cores and other samples real researchers can gather some useful information. Where it goes off the rails is the fact that "scientists" are talking the danger of fractional degrees in temperature change. You can measure with that kind of accuracy, but you honestly can't extrapolate points of data from specific locations and claim fractional degree accuracy globally. What is most disturbing is that a subset of "scientists" decided what the historical data from ice cores, etc meant and said "this is the starting point"; their model is the historical starting point that everything is based from; and there is nothing even remotely close to fractional degree accuracy in any of that supposition. That's the very basis for "garbage in, garbage out" calculations, and the totalitarian "If you don't accept what we tell you to start with, you are a climate change denier and unfit to provide input."

Yeah well "they" used hottest year in 125,000 years.

Bwahahahahahahahahaha.

Explain to the class how ANY person alive right now can accurately tell anyone what the global temps were prior to say 200 years ago....the advent of the thermometer....the concept and practice of measuring environmental data such as temps and recording them...oh, and pesky things like "language" , the written word as opposed to spoken sounds etc?

What the what? I too have read stupid things on the internet and believed them before....but to read something as clearly nonsensical that my kids can tell its BS on its face....then proceed to lecture everyone else about it like THEY have been duped is insanity bud. Also, when its brought to ones attention that what they are posting is CLEARLY incorrect (in this case also impossible for any living person to even know) the common approach is to say " sorry man, I was wrong " rather than doubling down on the BS repeatedly and arguing irrelevant semantics (and allegedly changing the post mid argument?)

Strange hill to die on there man. Especially since the AP and every other "news agency" these days have absolutely zero standards for honesty, impartiality, ethics, etc. " Believe nothing you hear, and only half what you see." Has never been more accurate than today.

Bwahahahahahahahahaha.

Explain to the class how ANY person alive right now can accurately tell anyone what the global temps were prior to say 200 years ago....the advent of the thermometer....the concept and practice of measuring environmental data such as temps and recording them...oh, and pesky things like "language" , the written word as opposed to spoken sounds etc?

What the what? I too have read stupid things on the internet and believed them before....but to read something as clearly nonsensical that my kids can tell its BS on its face....then proceed to lecture everyone else about it like THEY have been duped is insanity bud. Also, when its brought to ones attention that what they are posting is CLEARLY incorrect (in this case also impossible for any living person to even know) the common approach is to say " sorry man, I was wrong " rather than doubling down on the BS repeatedly and arguing irrelevant semantics (and allegedly changing the post mid argument?)

Strange hill to die on there man. Especially since the AP and every other "news agency" these days have absolutely zero standards for honesty, impartiality, ethics, etc. " Believe nothing you hear, and only half what you see." Has never been more accurate than today.
All that verbiage to show you ignorance

The European Union's top climate official said Thursday that China should stop building new coal-fired power plants and contribute to a global fund to help poor countries affected by climate change.

There is that money thing again. So many stupid ass.

The European Union's top climate official said Thursday that China should stop building new coal-fired power plants and contribute to a global fund to help poor countries affected by climate change.

There is that money thing again. So many stupid ass.

Didn't the EU countries give China, India, and some others a free pass to pollute when they passed the deal in Paris a few years ago?

How long since dinosaurs roamed the earth?
About 165 million years ago unless one gets finicky and counts the birds. The statement said the hottest without any qualifier. Perhaps it meant within a timeframe appropriate to push the narrative of the climate cult? Like since 2020? 2015? Or since Al Gore decided there was money in those Malthusian Disaster Predictions?

VN Store

Back