More Climate BS...

Shocking that government regulations kept a carbon trapping renewable resource from being used...

And the lack of selective logging in some areas just couldn't be a contributing factor to the severity of the wildfires we've seen in recent years.

David Brian
@KingLeo16296
A 77-year-old man shot dead two environmental protesters on Wednesday in an apparent outburst of rage over a roadblock in Panama.

The gunman was named in local media as Kenneth Franklin Darlington Salas. If he is convicted, Mr Salas could be sentenced to house arrest rather than being sent to jail because of his age.

The protesters, who were opposed to a controversial mining contract, had blocked the Pan-American Highway in Chame, 51 miles from the capital Panama City.

Footage posted on social media showed the motorist walking from his car, demanding the protesters get out of the road.

Initially, Mr Salas removed tyres which were obstructing the road. The protesters, according to witnesses, shouted at the man: “Are you going to kill someone?”

The gunman replied: “You want to be the first?”

He opened fire, first shooting a protester holding a flag and then a second man who went to confront him, before walking off and removing tree trunks that had been blocking the road. He was then arrested.

Local media identified the victims as Abdiel Diaz, a teacher and union activist, and Ivan Mendoza.

The deaths are the first fatalities in protests that broke out on October 20 against a contract that allows Canada-based First Quantum Minerals to operate Central America’s biggest open pit copper mine for at least another 20 years.

1699498900397.png

David Brian
@KingLeo16296
A 77-year-old man shot dead two environmental protesters on Wednesday in an apparent outburst of rage over a roadblock in Panama.

The gunman was named in local media as Kenneth Franklin Darlington Salas. If he is convicted, Mr Salas could be sentenced to house arrest rather than being sent to jail because of his age.

The protesters, who were opposed to a controversial mining contract, had blocked the Pan-American Highway in Chame, 51 miles from the capital Panama City.

Footage posted on social media showed the motorist walking from his car, demanding the protesters get out of the road.

Initially, Mr Salas removed tyres which were obstructing the road. The protesters, according to witnesses, shouted at the man: “Are you going to kill someone?”

He opened fire, first shooting a protester holding a flag and then a second man who went to confront him, before walking off and removing tree trunks that had been blocking the road. He was then arrested.

Local media identified the victims as Abdiel Diaz, a teacher and union activist, and Ivan Mendoza.

The deaths are the first fatalities in protests that broke out on October 20 against a contract that allows Canada-based First Quantum Minerals to operate Central America’s biggest open pit copper mine for at least another 20 years.

View attachment 594060

I like it ... especially the "If he is convicted part" when there's photo evidence.

A13.jpg

David Brian
@KingLeo16296

View attachment 594060

I guess FAFO in Panama is way different.

World just lived thru hottest 12 months as reported by ap

Seemed pretty moderate around here. I can't remember a day above 100, but I do remember some past years with several days that topped 100. On average if one region is significantly hotter, others will have to be cooler - that's how it works with a closed system that cannot respond rapidly. My question about the "global average temperature" is how the averaging is done ... for example, the heat islands (cities in general) are getting bigger and probably hotter. Are things like that skewing estimates? Ocean temps are measured differently now ... are there comparisons between the old and the new? I trust math just fine, but not statisticians.

Last edited:
I guess FAFO in Panama is way different.

I definitely have a like for old guys who want protestors to "get off my road". I think they should be considered nation treasures and supported. This guy should be given a medal and free ammo for life.

I definitely have a like for old guys who want protestors to "get off my road". I think they should be considered nation treasures and supported. This guy should be given a medal and free ammo for life.
For murdering people as long as you don’t like them? Okay

Reactions: swampfoxfan
This racist city who turns away immigrants is now working to destroy our planet.

This racist city who turns away immigrants is now working to destroy our planet.

Always fun watching liberals revert back to the old when they find out their dreams don't work out.

Reactions: marcusluvsvols

VN Store

Back