Mob Mentality

Outstanding post. But, begs the question....

View attachment 243250

Because I enjoy a healthy amount of discussion and casual banter when it comes to the sports teams I enjoy.

But it doesn't REALLY matter to me. At least not enough to get mad and make threats or go after some ESPN beat writer on Twitter and post their cell phone number and home address.

Alright everyone,

Something that I’ve noticed out of Vol Nation (and I love Vol Nation to death) is the mob mentality we have when something goes haywire, not according to plan, or what we deem is unfair. For instance, we gave this team hell after the first two games of the season but they turned it around. Some people were calling for Pruitt to be fired. Now I look on Twitter and see people cussing out Greg Sankey for Jenning’s suspension. In my opinion, none of this outrage culture we have at Vol Nation will attract recruits, it won’t attract good coaches, and it won’t attract popular opinion within the SEC, media outlets or the college football playoff committee once we get to the point to be considered by them. My point being.... everyone RELAX. Stop being outraged by everything. Stop curb stomping the hell out of people if you disagree with something they say about us. Everything we say and do in this mob mentality will be looked at with a magnifying glass by the media and will burn more fuel to the fire in why they would want to hate us more. Just take it easy, have patience, trust our team and our coaches, and enjoy the process of being brought back to the top. This is something I’ve seen we need to improve on as a fan base. I love the passion. I love the energy. We just need to be smart about it now.
Thanks, Dad.

For sure, but just because we’re not the only fan base that acts like that does that mean it’s right to act like that? These guys are kids man. They’re 18-23 years old. Everyone just needs to relax and enjoy the process. We’re not going to turn our program around from the dumpster fire we had when Pruitt first took over to an SEC championship contender over night.

Death threats absolutely not....anybody who thought Pruitt forgot how to coach football is an idiot either way.

As far as cussing the commissioner?! Absolutely....after he ignored Kash Daniels and then wants to come down on JJ during his last game?! Absolutely.

I’d also have a little more love for Fulmer and Pruitt if instead of releasing a statement that just accepts a BS punishment they took up for their guy. Call it what it is.....it’s guessing what happened and making a ruling to appease people. It’s garbage....

Alright everyone,

Something that I’ve noticed out of Vol Nation (and I love Vol Nation to death) is the mob mentality we have when something goes haywire, not according to plan, or what we deem is unfair. For instance, we gave this team hell after the first two games of the season but they turned it around. Some people were calling for Pruitt to be fired. Now I look on Twitter and see people cussing out Greg Sankey for Jenning’s suspension. In my opinion, none of this outrage culture we have at Vol Nation will attract recruits, it won’t attract good coaches, and it won’t attract popular opinion within the SEC, media outlets or the college football playoff committee once we get to the point to be considered by them. My point being.... everyone RELAX. Stop being outraged by everything. Stop curb stomping the hell out of people if you disagree with something they say about us. Everything we say and do in this mob mentality will be looked at with a magnifying glass by the media and will burn more fuel to the fire in why they would want to hate us more. Just take it easy, have patience, trust our team and our coaches, and enjoy the process of being brought back to the top. This is something I’ve seen we need to improve on as a fan base. I love the passion. I love the energy. We just need to be smart about it now.
Ok boomer

Alright everyone,

U couldnt have heard about the UGA fans after the USCjr game and u really dnt wanna know what the bubba fans had to say after a 2 loss season. Heck even at Ole Miss the fans are beside themselves. Welcome to the South where football is a birth right. Trust me its not just UT its the entire SEC. If other conference's took it as serious as we do the SEC wouldnt have so many national titles over the last 2 decades

I disagreed with the Mob Mentality. VolNation has a wider array of thoughts and opinions on almost any football subject than any social media board I've read. Mob Mentality? It's hard to get this bunch to agree on any point of view.

Reactions: VOLSONLY
So you’re okay with cussing out a commissioner and saying our coach should be fired after two games in the second season he took over as coach after what he came into? Interesting... I’m just as big of a fan as anyone else. But to say some of this behavior is appropriate from fans of COLLEGE athletes is completely absurd. What about Gurantano receiving death threats? How can you justify that? Come on.
Death threats are totally out of line. I do believe however, if there is nothing wrong to critique the way the team is playing. After the first two games Tennessee looked like one of the worst teams in the country. They look better now, but now some people think they look like one of the best teams in the country. They're somewhere in the middle . You have the sunshine pumpers who think you can never say anything negative. Then you have the Nega Vols that even when things are going well they don't acknowledge it. I have given credit where credit is due but I'll admit I was not happy when we started out the year the way we did. Why should I have been?

Reactions: Manning2020
I got a little crossed up on whether they were kids...guys..or men myself.

Well, stop getting crossed up. Back when I was young, the Vols acted like men. 'Young men? Yes. Did they do some childish stuff now and again? Sure they did. But was being viewed as men important? You bet. Now? We have morons calling them kids. That's all screwed up. No wonder the world is messed up.

Well, stop getting crossed up. Back when I was young, the Vols acted like men. 'Young men? Yes. Did they do some childish stuff now and again? Sure they did. But was being viewed as men important? You bet. Now? We have morons calling them kids. That's all screwed up. No wonder the world is messed up.
Agreed. Young men is the best term for our players and college students. Should have edited that before posting but I do agree.

Alright everyone,

you're still new to the board still. you haven't seen anything yet lol

Reactions: Manning2020
Agreed. Young men is the best term for our players and college students. Should have edited that before posting but I do agree.

Well, you done struck out from the get go. Not your fault, too many other dummies keep saying that. Just strike that from your vocabulary. We all live and learn.

Naw your girl has been keeping me plenty of company. Tell her I’ll see her next week.

iu

Alright everyone,

Mob mentality? How dare you!

Let’s get him boys!!!!

My hands are over my head, fore fingers pressing my thumbs. Legs are crossed in a Lotus position. I'm humming Rocky Top very softly.

It really does feel better to be complacent and relaxed. In this perfect moment, no one knows where I stand.
i know one thing....you're not standing because you're sitting. As for me I'm addicted to drama.....live action. Winding down, nothing beats meditation once you learn proper techniques. Too time consuming for western culture who live a fast-paced lifestyle.

i know one thing....you're not standing because you're sitting. As for me I'm addicted to drama.....live action. Winding down, nothing beats meditation once you learn proper techniques. Too time consuming for western culture who live a fast-paced lifestyle.
Can you please condense your post in the future, I don’t have time to read something this long.
Thanks in advance.
GBO!!

Alright everyone,

you're fairly new here, right?

Reactions: VOL_Lyfe
You never said that lol. You said it’s the first amendment. Maybe you should elaborate next time you post something, but I guess typing is hard too.
No, pretty sure that in your moment of self righteous flagellation you misunderstood his post. But I guess getting down off that high horse and putting your shoulder back in it's socket is too hard?

VN Store

Back