Mob Mentality

Manning2020

Alright everyone,

Something that I’ve noticed out of Vol Nation (and I love Vol Nation to death) is the mob mentality we have when something goes haywire, not according to plan, or what we deem is unfair. For instance, we gave this team hell after the first two games of the season but they turned it around. Some people were calling for Pruitt to be fired. Now I look on Twitter and see people cussing out Greg Sankey for Jenning’s suspension. In my opinion, none of this outrage culture we have at Vol Nation will attract recruits, it won’t attract good coaches, and it won’t attract popular opinion within the SEC, media outlets or the college football playoff committee once we get to the point to be considered by them. My point being.... everyone RELAX. Stop being outraged by everything. Stop curb stomping the hell out of people if you disagree with something they say about us. Everything we say and do in this mob mentality will be looked at with a magnifying glass by the media and will burn more fuel to the fire in why they would want to hate us more. Just take it easy, have patience, trust our team and our coaches, and enjoy the process of being brought back to the top. This is something I’ve seen we need to improve on as a fan base. I love the passion. I love the energy. We just need to be smart about it now.

UT is not the only fan base that acts this way and this should be the least of worries
For sure, but just because we’re not the only fan base that acts like that does that mean it’s right to act like that? These guys are kids man. They’re 18-23 years old. Everyone just needs to relax and enjoy the process. We’re not going to turn our program around from the dumpster fire we had when Pruitt first took over to an SEC championship contender over night.

So you’re okay with cussing out a commissioner and saying our coach should be fired after two games in the second season he took over as coach after what he came into? Interesting... I’m just as big of a fan as anyone else. But to say some of this behavior is appropriate from fans of COLLEGE athletes is completely absurd. What about Gurantano receiving death threats? How can you justify that? Come on.

So you’re okay with cussing out a commissioner and saying our coach should be fired after two games in the second season he took over as coach after what he came into? Interesting... I’m just as big of a fan as anyone else. But to say some of this behavior is appropriate from fans of COLLEGE athletes is completely absurd. What about Gurantano receiving death threats? How can you justify that? Come on.
Who's justifying it? I don't think anyone is ok with death threats.

Pretty sure there's this first amendment thing or something though, I unno.

Alright everyone,

Something that I’ve noticed out of Vol Nation (and I love Vol Nation to death) is the mob mentality we have when something goes haywire, not according to plan, or what we deem is unfair. For instance, we gave this team hell after the first two games of the season but they turned it around. Some people were calling for Pruitt to be fired. Now I look on Twitter and see people cussing out Greg Sankey for Jenning’s suspension. In my opinion, none of this outrage culture we have at Vol Nation will attract recruits, it won’t attract good coaches, and it won’t attract popular opinion within the SEC, media outlets or the college football playoff committee once we get to the point to be considered by them. My point being.... everyone RELAX. Stop being outraged by everything. Stop curb stomping the hell out of people if you disagree with something they say about us. Everything we say and do in this mob mentality will be looked at with a magnifying glass by the media and will burn more fuel to the fire in why they would want to hate us more. Just take it easy, have patience, trust our team and our coaches, and enjoy the process of being brought back to the top. This is something I’ve seen we need to improve on as a fan base. I love the passion. I love the energy. We just need to be smart about it now.
Thank goodness for these words of wisdom. I’m sure everyone will read this and calm down now. Thank you for fixing volnation and our fan base!

Who's justifying it? I don't think anyone is ok with death threats.

Pretty sure there's this first amendment thing or something though, I unno.
So you’re saying it’s the first amendment to send death threats? Interesting world. And that’s the issue. We can’t say some of this behavior is okay when most of these fans are in their 30’s and over and they’re “cheering” on kids who are 18-23 years old. Imagine the pressure on someone just out of highschool with the pressure our fan base puts on these kids. I understand our expectations, but our fans should also understand they are kids and mostly everyone are adults and some of this behavior I see from adults is completely inappropriate

So you’re saying it’s the first amendment to send death threats? Interesting world. And that’s the issue. We can’t say some of this behavior is okay when most of these fans are in their 30’s and over and they’re “cheering” on kids who are 18-23 years old. Imagine the pressure on someone just out of highschool with the pressure our fan base puts on these kids. I understand our expectations, but our fans should also understand they are kids and mostly everyone are adults and some of this behavior I see from adults is completely inappropriate
Reading is hard. I said I don't think anyone is ok with death threats (and is a criminal offense).

Well you should probably try to avoid life and stay indoors and off the internet.

You never said that lol. You said it’s the first amendment. Maybe you should elaborate next time you post something, but I guess typing is hard too.

Reactions: jerrync

How did you expect people to respond to this? Did you expect to be canonized? Come on yourself, dude. Those of us that agree with you don't need to hear it from you, and those that don't agree will not change their attitude even a little bit.

In the immortal words of Jeff Lebowski, "That's like, your opinion man".

No, YankeeVol said it. And I’m pretty sure they were referring to your comment about the commissioner and the part about Coach Pruitt being fired after two games. Reading comprehension isn’t that hard. Or maybe it is?

Alright everyone,

You've figured it out! I have always wondered what Bamas secret was for pulling in coaches and recruits. It had not occurred to me that they have such level headed and intelligent fans.

Maybe I should put my sentence in blue font for you and you should... reread it?? Nothing wrong with being level headed unlike some of these SEC wackos you get down here.

Alright everyone,

Please understand. This is VolNation. Reason and restraint doesn’t exist.

Alright everyone,

On VolNation (VN) they are considered kids until they get into some trouble. Once that happens VN considers them grown-a** men, and they should have the book thrown at them.

Reactions: FLVOL_79
Jennings suspended for half a game makes little sense to me. Either it was obvious he intentially stomped on the player so suspend him the entire game or if not, don't suspend him at all.

To your point, yeah, there's a lot of issues with VN. However, would you rather us not be the best fanbase in the nation?

VN Store

Back