Mob Mentality

Alright everyone,

Something that I’ve noticed out of Vol Nation (and I love Vol Nation to death) is the mob mentality we have when something goes haywire, not according to plan, or what we deem is unfair. For instance, we gave this team hell after the first two games of the season but they turned it around. Some people were calling for Pruitt to be fired. Now I look on Twitter and see people cussing out Greg Sankey for Jenning’s suspension. In my opinion, none of this outrage culture we have at Vol Nation will attract recruits, it won’t attract good coaches, and it won’t attract popular opinion within the SEC, media outlets or the college football playoff committee once we get to the point to be considered by them. My point being.... everyone RELAX. Stop being outraged by everything. Stop curb stomping the hell out of people if you disagree with something they say about us. Everything we say and do in this mob mentality will be looked at with a magnifying glass by the media and will burn more fuel to the fire in why they would want to hate us more. Just take it easy, have patience, trust our team and our coaches, and enjoy the process of being brought back to the top. This is something I’ve seen we need to improve on as a fan base. I love the passion. I love the energy. We just need to be smart about it now.

Yeah about that, congratulations on your 15th post and four months on VN.

Alright everyone,

Something that I’ve noticed out of Vol Nation (and I love Vol Nation to death) is the mob mentality we have when something goes haywire, not according to plan, or what we deem is unfair. For instance, we gave this team hell after the first two games of the season but they turned it around. Some people were calling for Pruitt to be fired. Now I look on Twitter and see people cussing out Greg Sankey for Jenning’s suspension. In my opinion, none of this outrage culture we have at Vol Nation will attract recruits, it won’t attract good coaches, and it won’t attract popular opinion within the SEC, media outlets or the college football playoff committee once we get to the point to be considered by them. My point being.... everyone RELAX. Stop being outraged by everything. Stop curb stomping the hell out of people if you disagree with something they say about us. Everything we say and do in this mob mentality will be looked at with a magnifying glass by the media and will burn more fuel to the fire in why they would want to hate us more. Just take it easy, have patience, trust our team and our coaches, and enjoy the process of being brought back to the top. This is something I’ve seen we need to improve on as a fan base. I love the passion. I love the energy. We just need to be smart about it now.

Everyone has an opinion.
Yours smacks of the silent majority. (as does mine) But we are fast becoming the silent minority. This day and time because of social media (in our case VolNation:D) peoples true feelings are "shared" publicly with little or no retribution.(mostly ridicule from those who have been on the other side of the coin from time to time as part of other threads) I tend to fall back on an old saying when it comes to attention that VolNation inspires. All publicity is good publicity.

Thank goodness for these words of wisdom. I’m sure everyone will read this and calm down now. Thank you for fixing volnation and our fan base!

I know, right...Hound is trying to steal my job...must admit there are times I need the help...:D

GO BIG ORANGE!

Reactions: VOLSONLY
You'd think they are in true despair...GOAT coach, and they're saying the game has passed him by for losing two games, one to #1 team and other to their current biggest rival (UT doesn't count right now). EVERY SINGLE passionate fan base college the same...South Carolina boards are crazy too...and wait until UGA loses to LSU this weekend...everyone should put VN on pause and go over there for some must see posting.

I would if I knew how to find them. To took me several years to find VolNation. Use to suffer with that thing Knoxville News Sin had for free. When they started charging, I got desperate just looking around for Vol stuff and stumbled on VolNation. Thank God for "The SIN" starting to charge, I might still be "in the dark"!!!

Yeah about that, congratulations on your 15th post and four months on VN.

Yes but some have been as positive and thought provoking as this one. Inspiring even.

East is weak this year? They're still better than Georgia State and we haven't beat South Carolina, Vanderbilt or Missouri in years. This season is done. We suck. Still a VFL though.

Anyone excited for basketball yet? Seems like Grant, Bone, Schofield, and Alexander got a bigger applause when they got introduced during the last game than the football team will get all season.

PICK THE SCORE
Tennessee 17
BYU 27

396 Yards

I don't care what the media thinks. I can assure you if put in the same position, other fan-bases would react the same way. Sure we've got some bad apples that tale it too far. Tweets to recruits for example, but the majority expects results, and rightfully so. Oh, and Sankey can go f*** himself.

Alright everyone,

“None of this will attract recruits” lol!!!

what a bunch of malarkey

Yes but some have been as positive and thought provoking as this one. Inspiring even.

Tony-Stark-Sunglasses-Iron-Man-2.gif

I would if I knew how to find them. To took me several years to find VolNation. Use to suffer with that thing Knoxville News Sin had for free. When they started charging, I got desperate just looking around for Vol stuff and stumbled on VolNation. Thank God for "The SIN" starting to charge, I might still be "in the dark"!!!

Helluva' sentence.

Reactions: Tombo7
My hands are over my head, fore fingers pressing my thumbs. Legs are crossed in a Lotus position. I'm humming Rocky Top very softly.

It really does feel better to be complacent and relaxed. In this perfect moment, no one knows where I stand.

For sure, but just because we’re not the only fan base that acts like that does that mean it’s right to act like that? These guys are kids man. They’re 18-23 years old. Everyone just needs to relax and enjoy the process. We’re not going to turn our program around from the dumpster fire we had when Pruitt first took over to an SEC championship contender over night.

You lost me when you called the players kids. 18-23 old guys have gone to fight wars, and these 18-23 year olds have to register for a draft that may never happen, but who knows? Manhood has started and kidhood is at an end. And that mentality needs to be weeded out. Because I can guarantee you as someone who remembers being 18-23, I didn't consider myself a kid, and neither did many others at that time. Maybe if we quit thinking of them as kids, they will act less like kids. Pathetic thinking.

Reading is hard. I said I don't think anyone is ok with death threats (and is a criminal offense).

Well you should probably try to avoid life and stay indoors and off the internet.
Sorry Yankee, that wasnt meant for you.. lol

You lost me when you called the players kids. 18-23 old guys have gone to fight wars, and these 18-23 year olds have to register for a draft that may never happen, but who knows? Manhood has started and kidhood is at an end. And that mentality needs to be weeded out. Because I can guarantee you as someone who remembers being 18-23, I didn't consider myself a kid, and neither did many others at that time. Maybe if we quit thinking of them as kids, they will act less like kids. Pathetic thinking.

I got a little crossed up on whether they were kids...guys..or men myself.

So you’re saying it’s the first amendment to send death threats? Interesting world. And that’s the issue. We can’t say some of this behavior is okay when most of these fans are in their 30’s and over and they’re “cheering” on kids who are 18-23 years old. Imagine the pressure on someone just out of highschool with the pressure our fan base puts on these kids. I understand our expectations, but our fans should also understand they are kids and mostly everyone are adults and some of this behavior I see from adults is completely inappropriate

Damn, I had to agree with you again :D

VN Store

Back