MLB The Show

I really like the new DD system, no more "record 47 holds with bronze AL Central Pitchers", you can play "real" baseball and progress.

It's easy and free to put together a competitive team

Reactions: BearCat204
Man I really wish they would speed up the lag on the wether you want to challenge a call or not! Also, had my first rain delay!

Matt Carpenter is a cheat code when the daily matchups work in his favor. He's mediocre against lefties but I slot him 6th and make due in return for just smoking RHP

Enjoying the online play, this team has made an amazing turnaround; not long ago I thought they should just go single player.

Now I'm at a point where single player is just going through tedium to get packs (and I love packs). There's really not a sports game that sniffs this one as far as balance and developer interaction with the community.

Unsure of online season modes but I'm willing to give it a go if we can get a group together.

Got a Javier Baez diamond from a pack today and the reveal for him was pretty cool. Went into this cool intro for him.

Got a Javier Baez diamond from a pack today and the reveal for him was pretty cool. Went into this cool intro for him.

I got that with a Lorenzo Cain. I promptly sold him of course. I am saving for Votto for the Reds 40, for some reason I liked Dave Parker's 1987 Topps card as a kid so why not.

I got that with a Lorenzo Cain. I promptly sold him of course. I am saving for Votto for the Reds 40, for some reason I liked Dave Parker's 1987 Topps card as a kid so why not.
I think they added these intros for gold and above cards because I saw it again with a gold Didi

Settled on Bader in CF, can't hit worth a **** with him so he's at the bottom of the order but his reaction and speed make a big difference in keeping balls in the gap from getting to the wall.

Also took Will Clark in a choice pack, he hits lasers and can also work 10 pitch AB's by fouling off anything remotely near the zone.

I have owned every single show going back to 06 when RTTS was born. This is the first year where I can play against another user and not feel like everything is choppy or laggy. The one big knock I have had for this series is its online and how bad it has always been. I have been having more fun with Diamond Dynasty this year than ever before and I don't feel like I have to drop 50 bucks in stubs to be even remotely competitive. The changes they have made with DD are so good and its been so good that even after Ridin from OS has dropped his full minors rosters, I don't feel any urgency to start up a franchise. I just care about my DD team that much more this year because its fun to play.

Reactions: Toujours Pret
I have owned every single show going back to 06 when RTTS was born. This is the first year where I can play against another user and not feel like everything is choppy or laggy. The one big knock I have had for this series is its online and how bad it has always been. I have been having more fun with Diamond Dynasty this year than ever before and I don't feel like I have to drop 50 bucks in stubs to be even remotely competitive. The changes they have made with DD are so good and its been so good that even after Ridin from OS has dropped his full minors rosters, I don't feel any urgency to start up a franchise. I just care about my DD team that much more this year because its fun to play.
Pretty spot on, online play is great, other than the massive skill gulf between me and good players.

And Joey Gallo. F him.

Pretty spot on, online play is great, other than the massive skill gulf between me and good players.

And Joey Gallo. F him.
Gallo is like a diamond hitter lol. I use him as a bench bat and dude has hit 5 homers late in games. They are about 5 miles high and 398 feet long lol

Gallo is like a diamond hitter lol. I use him as a bench bat and dude has hit 5 homers late in games. They are about 5 miles high and 398 feet long lol
I steer clear, might put a changeup on the paint if I can get 2 strikes throwing crap. Semi-intentional walk. It's a big help to me, pitching around bat matchups when most folks refuse to issue a walk

Took Teddy Ballgame as my level 50 card just because he's my favorite. Might look for a smaller park and use LH bombers rather than trying a balanced approach.

The best part of DD compared to HUT is the formula is very workable

The only thing that I dislike is the pitch speed/timing difference. A 95 mph fastball shouldn’t and doesn’t get to the plate 2 whole seconds sooner than a 80 mph curveball

The only thing that I dislike is the pitch speed/timing difference. A 95 mph fastball shouldn’t and doesn’t get to the plate 2 whole seconds sooner than a 80 mph curveball
Think you may be exaggerating there. Definitely a difference and a much needed one. In years past a 95+ fastball wasn’t represented the way it should have been, like they are doing it now. If you’ve gone against a 95 mph fastball and then see a 80 mph change or breaking ball, it certainly feels like 2 seconds

Reactions: Grudenator

VN Store

Back