MLB cancels ASG in Atlanta

Could it be more clear that Manfred was threatened lol? They had 2 solid months while the bill was being debated to lobby the legislature and maybe have an actual impact.
They needed a story. They dont get that without a boycott from somewhere and or the threats of further actions. The big one was actually getting somebody to move on a boycott. That grabs the attention.

Manfred allowed himself to be a tool. As you stated, they and everyone else involved had time to step up beforehand if the bill was what they claim it is. The fact they didnt tells you that it isnt. Theres a reason few are even attempting to break down the bill and explain why they feel the way they do about it.

It doesnt need to be true, it just needs to create a story.

I love that argument. The mail in or early voters are "low info" voters but the people that go to the polls at the 1st Tuesday in November are highly informed. :rolleyes:

Its complete BS and based on zero evidence but guys on VN *really* want it to be true so its thrown around as fact lolz
Project much?

I wish I could find the statistic that concerns how many Xiden voters would NOT have voted for him had the cheese smoking son's story been released. Low information voters.

Just like you and the idiot luther wouldn't vote for Trump no matter what. Plywood is up over 200%

Crushing it.

Reactions: AM64
I love that argument. The mail in or early voters are "low info" voters but the people that go to the polls at the 1st Tuesday in November are highly informed. :rolleyes:

Its complete BS and based on zero evidence but guys on VN *really* want it to be true so its thrown around as fact lolz
Those who can't be bothered to get to the polls or request an absentee ballot are most likely low into voters and most likely vote Dem. Just the way it is

Those who can't be bothered to get to the polls or request an absentee ballot are most likely low into voters and most likely vote Dem. Just the way it is

hahaha no, its not "the way it is" its just you BS'ing :)

just because you want something to be true doesn't mean it is.
-

Absentee ballots were a republican stronghold for decades FYI. Facts! try it sometime

hahaha no, its not "the way it is" its just you BS'ing :)

just because you want something to be true doesn't mean it is.
-

Absentee ballots were a republican stronghold for decades FYI. Facts! try it sometime
Actually the most recent election shows it to be true. It's simple math

This is not about absentee ballots

Reactions: SpaceCoastVol
Are you and @Grand Vol having trouble reading the screen grab?

No, I read the "release" yet Hawley doesn't mention any company in particular save MLB. Which isn't really a "company" in the normal sense.

Also, FYI if you insert an @ for someone in an edit, they don't get the notification. It has to be in the original post.

Reactions: n_huffhines
Nope.

What are the wrong views a company has that they are being threatened over? You have some secret phone calls by Biden?

What on earth are you talking about? It's all in the tweet. Hawley called out the MLB specifically and calls out other unnamed businesses because of their stance on Georgia and then threatens them with congressional action.

What on earth are you talking about? It's all in the tweet. Hawley called out the MLB specifically and calls out other unnamed businesses because of their stance on Georgia and then threatens them with congressional action.

Palko states another Senator threatens a company for holding the wrong political views. Isnt true with regards to MLB. They didnt have views, they had actions. Two completely different things.

At what point do companies stop being "entertainment" (as MLB argued at one point) and start being political action committees?

But my question to you would be would you support the businesses in Georgia if they sued the MLB because of their [badly made] decision and sought financial compensation for the loss of revenue?

Hawley is such a drama queen lolz

I find it interesting that the GA companies that were so up in arms over the voting law in the beginning have become silent. Ruh Rough, maybe they didn't think things out too well.
ETA: I went to the grocery store the other day and bought a 6 pack or orange pop and intentionally bought the Pepsi version, so take that Coke!

I find it interesting that the GA companies that were so up in arms over the voting law in the beginning have become silent. Ruh Rough, maybe they didn't think things out too well.
ETA: I went to the grocery store the other day and bought a 6 pack or orange pop and intentionally bought the Pepsi version, so take that Coke!

Not really applicable to this thread but interesting none the less. Anyone remember when Pepsi had on of the largest Navy's in the world?

Pepsi Navy: When the Soviets traded warships for soft drinks

Reactions: Grand Vol and AM64
And once again reciting more nonsense. We should not be making voting easier.

Voting season is a bad idea in the first place. As things intensify when election day draws closer, there are always events that make earlier decisions poor choices. Granted today most people are going strictly with party, but for those who make informed decisions more information showing how candidates perform when the going gets tough is better. GA Sunday voting expansion was particularly bad because of the "pews to the polls" thing; that is the opposite of separation of church and state and an affront to the concept of rules exempting churches from taxation.

Reactions: allvol123

VN Store

Back