MLB cancels ASG in Atlanta

Moved to Denver, thats great for their local businesses. Seems like a wash for American small businesses. but ya'll need something to cry about :)

Great indeed for the whites! I think about 30-50% of Atlanta businesses are african american owned. Not so much in Denver. Boom!

Reactions: Rickyvol77
Not necessarily. I know dozens of people that don't like to stand in poll lines who are smarter and more informed on any subject matter than you.
And they used the new mail in voting or absentee? There's a difference and even your brilliant "friends" should know that

Great indeed for the whites! I think about 30-50% of Atlanta businesses are african american owned. Not so much in Denver. Boom!

Nice try but the game was scheduled in Cobb County, which is like 70 percent white. Atlanta Braves already screwed over Atlanta metro residents years ago

Nice try but the game was scheduled in Cobb County, which is like 70 percent white. Atlanta Braves already screwed over Atlanta metro residents years ago

Lol. You think tourism and fans are confined by the county line?

Also, 15 years ago 20% were black owned. What do you think it is now. Still more than Denver.

Reactions: StarRaider
OK, but I'm not talking about the venue. I'm talking bout anybody trying to sue without an agreement with MLB.

I think the MLB would be liable to the stadium and the stadium would be liable to the vendors they contracted with (if they don't have a contractual out, and I bet the MLB has decent lawyers). The hotel across the street that thought they'd get a few days of occupancy at exorbant rates is screwed.

OK, but I'm not talking about the venue. I'm talking bout anybody trying to sue without an agreement with MLB.

I'm sorry if I wasn't clear when I said "businesses." Pretty much what CV says below.

I think the MLB would be liable to the stadium and the stadium would be liable to the vendors they contracted with (if they don't have a contractual out, and I bet the MLB has decent lawyers). The hotel across the street that thought they'd get a few days of occupancy at exorbant rates is screwed.

This is more or less what I meant. But I'm not sure the hotels around the Atlanta area couldn't make a case they were expecting $XXXXX in revenue based on the amount of people that had reservations and cancelled because of the move. Or if they were to house the individual players (and that's a hefty sum) and support staff, media, etc, etc.

With the way courts are today, I might take a chance and put it out there as a class action suit and see what happens. The MLB throwing a temper tantrum and using the poor excuse they did will cause some "financial hardships" to businesses. Again, I'm not talking about local vendors and whatnot selling "MLB All Star Game 2021" hats and shirts. But when you're talking up to nine figures in lost revenue, it's worth a shot in court.

lol... Next time I drive through there, I’ll be sure and let everybody around the stadium on the top end perimeter 3 miles outside the ATL city limits that they’re not part of metro Atlanta.

It's an interesting hypothetical considering why the decision was made.

@lawgator1 @ClearwaterVol

I know this is outside your normal area of the law, but care to weigh in on your thoughts?

You mean a contract between the City and MLB? Don't know, could be. But honestly such level agreements are less about money and more about handing off responsibility. Like security. Parking. Travel. Accommodations.

No idea whether there is an agreement to pay a sum of money.

Or just turn over the ballot to someone else to fill in for them?

As to the other part, why is it so difficult to look at a sample ballot and read over the applicable propositions and list of candidates before you go to the polls? You could take this approach to education - why bother with classes, general reading, lectures, etc, if you can just boil your time down to searching for answers to the test you are holding? Who are we to waste your precious time and energy?
Your note about education was exactly my approach in college. I’d go to class the first day to assess which ones I had to attend due to mandatory attendance or pop quizzes. All others I would self study as I didn’t need someone reading to me.

There are definitely far worse places to connect - although going from an arriving international flight to a domestic flight was pretty screwed up unless things have changed recently, and that may be TSA's doings.

Anybody else old enough to remember that Eastern Airlines had a connecting tunnel between the B and C concourses? About halfway between the end and the regular concourse connector.
From my experiences connecting through Atlanta you cannot have a layover that’s less than an hour. There are almost always delays of some kind and 9 times out of 10 you’ll be 2 or more terminals away from your connecting gate. And, of course, if there are any novices to flying on here, always take the train in Atlanta. I walked 2 gates over out of curiosity once and it’s a very long walk. I prefer connecting through Charlotte myself. That’s what sucks about Knoxville. You have very few direct options. Actually, the best was the company I used to work for that had a corporate jet. I went all over the place in that thing and it was freaking awesome! No wait times and we had awesome pilots that treated any passengers like royalty. Some employees were actually mean to the pilots which made zero sense because they were the nicest people ever and would literally roll out the red carpet for anyone. Good times.

Reactions: AM64
My main contention was with the state giving themselves the ability to go in and throw out the local group and replace them with someone they get to select. And them taking away a person elected by statewide vote (SOS) and replacing them with a person of their choice.
You can see the difference and the problem.
Ok but when asked before you listed all kinds of stuff that didn’t matter one bit. Why? Because you were told it was bad.

Reactions: BisonVol
From my experiences connecting through Atlanta you cannot have a layover that’s less than an hour. There are almost always delays of some kind and 9 times out of 10 you’ll be 2 or more terminals away from your connecting gate. And, of course, if there are any novices to flying on here, always take the train in Atlanta. I walked 2 gates over out of curiosity once and it’s a very long walk. I prefer connecting through Charlotte myself. That’s what sucks about Knoxville. You have very few direct options. Actually, the best was the company I used to work for that had a corporate jet. I went all over the place in that thing and it was freaking awesome! No wait times and we had awesome pilots that treated any passengers like royalty. Some employees were actually mean to the pilots which made zero sense because they were the nicest people ever and would literally roll out the red carpet for anyone. Good times.
Can't emphasize this enough. ATL is an easy airport to navigate, but you have to understand - it's huge. Don't be a hero and try to walk it lol.

Can't emphasize this enough. ATL is an easy airport to navigate, but you have to understand - it's huge. Don't be a hero and try to walk it lol.
It's a nice walk from A to E if you have nothing else to do though. I walk it sometimes if I have a long time between flights. The jungle between A and B is pretty cool.

Reactions: AM64 and DC_Vol
Yep. Take the train, allow 1:15 or more for your layover (certainly not less than 1 hour) and you’ll be fine most times.

I did have one crazy experience that resulted in having to scramble for a one way rental to drive from Atlanta to Knoxville at midnight. That wasn’t the airport’s fault though. Terrible weather and I had to be home that next morning. I got to the Ft Lauderdale airport at 9 in the morning, had the one connection in Atlanta and was supposed to be home by like 2 or 3 that afternoon. Instead it was after 3 in the morning.

It's a nice walk from A to E if you have nothing else to do though. I walk it sometimes if I have a long time between flights. The jungle between A and B is pretty cool.
I kind of like the moving sidewalks.

ok... I like it when it’s deserted so I can slowly walk backwards on the moving sidewalks and pretend I’m moonwalking.

Walking is good for you. I like the exhibits they have between terminals, too. Some cool artwork and history down there. I rarely take the trams there but I tend to walk a lot.
It's actually a really good idea. I have known a couple of pilots that had DVTs and it can be very painful, and also career ending. If you have a long flight coming up and a long layover in ATL, I highly recommend walking between those terminals.

VN Store

Back