MLB cancels ASG in Atlanta

Chris Chambliss, Rafael Ramirez, Glenn Hubbard, Claudell Washington, Rick Mahler.....loved TBS back in the early 80's.
Ha that reminds me of when my wife (then girlfriend) got an apartment on Highland Ave in 1982. There was a cable outlet and I hooked it up to the TV and it worked! That was the season that they started out 13-0 but lost to the Cards in the NLCS.

Chris Chambliss, Rafael Ramirez, Glenn Hubbard, Claudell Washington, Rick Mahler.....loved TBS back in the early 80's.
Do you remember what they put on the scoreboard when C Washington came up to bat? A dollar bill with CW’s profile with the words In Claudell we trust. Crazy how that stuck with me

dfebe8db54a10b69ebca8385b6f81efa.jpg

If I ran the Braves organization, I’d tell the damn commissioner to meet me back in ATL at Truist Park and he can present the WS trophy to us there in front of a sold out home crowd. I suffered a long time as a native Atlantan before the 90’s. Born and raised in ATL, I first started going down to Fulton County Stadium when I was 5-6 years old in the early/mid 70’s. I got to see Hank Aaron, Dusty Baker, Phil Neikro early on. Then it was Dale Murphy, Bob Horner, Jerry Royster, Bruce Benedict…and the absolute best baseball name ever, Biff Pocaroba! And Barry Bonds will always have an * by his name.
Glen "mother" hubbard. Besides Niekro, really liked Steve Bedrosian. Of Pasquel Perez and his greazy hair. Man I'm old.

I'm already having withdrawal pains. I'm still hoping for a game to be on TV at 7:05 pm ...
Whatever they're paying Ozzie Albies they need to double it. He was sensational this year.
Freddy Freeman will be going nowhere they will pay him pretty much everything to stay.
Austin Riley should be getting a good re-newed contract. He hit 33 hrs & 107 rbi.
Just like the post above I was a fan in 1975 when I got my cable & TBS was on the line-up.
798ba23380b23464f3a732057e1125ef.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: StarRaider

VN Store

Back