MiMi transferring

I have no issue with that at all. You sign with the coach AND the school. Somebody who signs with Dean Smith's North Carolina doesn't want to (and shouldn't have to) play for Bill Guthridge's North Carolina.

You sign with the school, not the coach. The coach’s name doesn’t even show on the LOI. If you have fears regarding the future of the coach you signed with, you shouldn’t sign the LOI. If Geno gets hit by a truck tomorrow, the UConn team doesn’t get a pass to go wherever they want. If they feel that strongly about leaving, they can go. But if they can’t gat a waiver, they have to sit a year. I don’t think this is a bad thing.

You sign with the school, not the coach. The coach’s name doesn’t even show on the LOI. If you have fears regarding the future of the coach you signed with, you shouldn’t sign the LOI. If Geno gets hit by a truck tomorrow, the UConn team doesn’t get a pass to go wherever they want. If they feel that strongly about leaving, they can go. But if they can’t gat a waiver, they have to sit a year. I don’t think this is a bad thing.

Seriously, back in the LVs heyday, you think players were signing to be at the U of Tennessee, rather than playing for CPS or today, that they want to play for Uconn not Geno?

Of course players sign for the coaches. The very reason the transfer portal business started is that the NCAA recognized the inequity that coaches had freedom of movement but players had to get permission from the school to transfer.

Got what you asked for!

I think it's always smart to keep top recruiter on the staff. One who already had great relationships with the players rather than remove all of them and bring entirely new staff. That way she would've saved this 2 from transferring

Reactions: POLOinDC
I think it's always smart to keep top recruiter on the staff. One who already had great relationships with the players rather than remove all of them and bring entirely new staff. That way she would've saved this 2 from transferring

I don’t think keeping Reeves kept either of these players. Evina made it clear a change needed to be made, it was, and she still wanted to leave.

Mimi was an avid Holly lover. MAYBE if her position coach dean stayed she would have stayed but I doubt it Reaves staying would have kept her. Jolette Law was the one who was heavily involved with Mimi’s recruiting so Reaves staying I don’t think would have played much of a factor.

Now with the recruits we have already built relationships it may have made a difference... but we are also getting new coaches who were in on other recruits at their previous schools.

Reactions: Nickid1975
The saddest thing about Mimi leaving — IF it’s true that she’s leaving because she really likes Holly so much — is that it’s far more likely that she’ll rarely (if ever) see Holly again by moving to another state. If she had stayed she would have stayed in Holly’s life because Warlick is sure to be around and about campus sometimes, and will always be a LVFL at events and such that every LV is welcomed at.

Perhaps the best way to think about the increasing number of transfers across the country is simply this: Those who left us could not stay with us for they were not one of us, and those who stayed with us could not leave us for they were one of us and committed to us. Yes, you do have the right to change your mind, but when you change your mind, you change your life, and you change your mission. LADY VOLS FOR LIFE!!!!!!!!!!

Seriously, back in the LVs heyday, you think players were signing to be at the U of Tennessee, rather than playing for CPS or today, that they want to play for Uconn not Geno?

Of course players sign for the coaches. The very reason the transfer portal business started is that the NCAA recognized the inequity that coaches had freedom of movement but players had to get permission from the school to transfer.

I actually would like to think that playing for UT might be something the players would take some pride in, regardless of the coach. Evidently, you think differently.

So if UT wants to steal Alabama’s quarterback, all we need to do is pay some assistant coach to leave and then start recruiting the QB? As long as the QB makes the claim that he went to Bama to play for that assistant coach you think he should get a free pass to leave, and we get a free pass to recruit him? I don’t have a problem with a player transferring, but I think there should be some penalty when you do. Sitting for a year seems reasonable to me.

And you 100% know that! How?

VN Store

Back