MiMi transferring

Yes, because I think Holly is one of the worst coaches in the game. And spare me the W-L comparison. Holly's W-L record with the talent she had on her teams was pathetic.
And Holly's W-L record also expains how bad most teams really are in the SEC! Take out Miss St and S Carolina this is a terrible Conference!

And Holly's W-L record also expains how bad most teams really are in the SEC! Take out Miss St and S Carolina this is a terrible Conference!
Texas AM was a very good team. Kentucky and Mizzou were both pretty good. Even then, a competent coach would have had Tennessee battling it out with SC and TAMU for 2nd place in the SEC.

Reactions: NoBackBoard
306q9k.jpg
Yes. I'm not sure how anyone could argue otherwise.

Transfers happens in most programs when there is a coaching change, this is nothing unusual. Players transfer for many reasons, it is not fair for us to assume that transferring means the player did not want to work hard, or they were in fear of the competition coming in. Just because players choose to leave our program we can't be a fan base that throw them under the bus. Keep in mind that Kellie Jolly-Harper took a team mostly loaded with freshmen and sophomores and challenged three ranked programs. We need to get off the ledge and give KJH a chance.

Transfers happens in most programs when there is a coaching change, this is nothing unusual. Players transfer for many reasons, it is not fair for us to assume that transferring means the player did not want to work hard, or they were in fear of the competition coming in. Just because players choose to leave our program we can't be a fan base that throw them under the bus. Keep in mind that Kellie Jolly-Harper took a team mostly loaded with freshmen and sophomores and challenged three ranked programs. We need to get off the ledge and give KJH a chance.

agree

I wonder why Mimi's name still appears on the roster on the Web site? Westbrook's name disappeared almost immediately.

I wonder why Mimi's name still appears on the roster on the Web site? Westbrook's name disappeared almost immediately.

I don't know, but I sure am anxious for the freshmen to arrive so that we can finally their names on the roster. I think everyone will feel a lot better once the roster fills in a little better. :)

I'm still stinging from Mimi's decision. I'd be an awful human being if I didn't want far more for her to be happy as a young person doing her best to find her way through life than I want for her to stay at Tennessee. But dang. I was so excited for her for the upcoming season because I just knew that the culture change would end up being good for her. I was counting on the situation being akin to when parents have to move and their young children are devastated that they have to change schools, but then they usually end up quickly making new friends and loving their new school. Change can be hard, for sure, but it also helps us grow. I wanted that for Mimi and the rest of her teammates. :confused:

What? In your mind is Mimi somehow supposed to set aside her own personal feelings and desires regarding HER college experience so that complete strangers like you don't have to deal with change? LOL!!!!!

Folks, let these young people decide for themselves how they want to live their lives, where they want to live them, and with whom they want to associate. It's beyond ridiculous to expect a kid to stay somewhere they are no longer happy because a bunch of fans think they should just get over their own personal desires and do what they're told. Gawd.
Don’t really care what she does. Just wanted to use her funny name for my comment. Carry on.

well, Mimi is no longer on the roster ----- funny how Cheridene Green says she wishes she had another year so she could play for Kellie because she finds her so genuine, but Mimi can't see it, apparently ----- my observation is that players who transfer from Tennessee, ultimately, never do any better than they would have if they had stayed (Geter, McDivitt, Wiley-Gatewood, Middleton, Cooper) -- just sayin', it's a free country

well, Mimi is no longer on the roster ----- funny how Cheridene Green says she wishes she had another year so she could play for Kellie because she finds her so genuine, but Mimi can't see it, apparently ----- my observation is that players who transfer from Tennessee, ultimately, never do any better than they would have if they had stayed (Geter, McDivitt, Wiley-Gatewood, Middleton, Cooper) -- just sayin', it's a free country

Tree got homesick and returned to SC with Pat and the team’s blessings. Was always a crowd favorite when she returned to TBA. Middleton did much better where she went and was, I believe, very happy (@T_Vol376). Cooper did not have a choice; the university expelled her, not the team. Can’t really remember McDivitt situation. Avens did very well and is successful, player, coach, etc. I think the girl whose boyfriend beat her up and held her captive did well; think she decided she wanted to be closer to her mother, can’t blame her. As to the Wiley-gatewood...says all you need to know about her and the coach she went to. Don’t think she was anywhere near as successful as if she had stayed, don’t know, don’t care, very glad she was gone. (@mlindsay, you may know re this one. Isn’t that in your geographic area?)

Mimi and Evina have good chances of succeeding wherever they go. Wish they had chosen to stay, but they didn’t. Neither one did anything wrong as far as I know; choosing to leave is choice not a fault. Wish them well, and not really interested in them anymore.

? What makes absolutely no sense is your statement "funny how Cheridene Green says she wishes she had another year so she could play for Kellie" "but Mimi cant see it" ?? WTH? Is Mimi supposed to see things through the eyes of Green or you? And what makes her not seeing things your way funny? Please explain?

? What makes absolutely no sense is your statement "funny how Cheridene Green says she wishes she had another year so she could play for Kellie" "but Mimi cant see it" ?? WTH? Is Mimi supposed to see things through the eyes of Green or you? And what makes her not seeing things your way funny? Please explain?

No explanation needed for anyone except a ucon troll who is only here to try and stir the pot.

Please explain why I should explain anything to you LOL

Reactions: mcannon1
Tree got homesick and returned to SC with Pat and the team’s blessings. Was always a crowd favorite when she returned to TBA. Middleton did much better where she went and was, I believe, very happy (@T_Vol376). Cooper did not have a choice; the university expelled her, not the team. Can’t really remember McDivitt situation. Avens did very well and is successful, player, coach, etc. I think the girl whose boyfriend beat her up and held her captive did well; think she decided she wanted to be closer to her mother, can’t blame her. As to the Wiley-gatewood...says all you need to know about her and the coach she went to. Don’t think she was anywhere near as successful as if she had stayed, don’t know, don’t care, very glad she was gone. (@mlindsay, you may know re this one. Isn’t that in your geographic area?)

Mimi and Evina have good chances of succeeding wherever they go. Wish they had chosen to stay, but they didn’t. Neither one did anything wrong as far as I know; choosing to leave is choice not a fault. Wish them well, and not really interested in them anymore.
McDivitts father was giving Pat hello because he wanted April to play more and shoot more! April on his advice transferred to UC Santa Barbara Gauchos . She played her final year there and went into coaching. She is now in Indiana with her husband Ed Schilling who is or was an assistant at IU>

I don't put nothing pass the snake (that's what I call her). She has always had questionable recruiting tactics and her landing of Wiley-Gatewood and constantly contacting Candace after she committed speaks to her character and willingness to do almost anything to land a recruit. The moment I saw that we were playing a first round game in her building I felt we could potentially lose MiMi if Holly was let go. Not saying that is where MiMi end up but if she does it would not surprise me that the snake has struck again.

Reactions: xtpsrh08123
A 2015 report by the National Student Clearinghouse Research Center found that 37.2 percent of college students changed schools at least once within six years, and of these, 45 percent changed their institution more than once.

So in over a third all cases, young adults pick a school and for any number reasons, homesickness, not a great fit, changes in their personal lives, and just being young adults who aren't quite sure what they want, relocate to another.

Transfers are just part of the college process. The difference in the case of D1 athletes is that they have a unique set of demands, pressures, and considerations, and fans get vested in them. I too would have loved to see Evina an Mimi remain part of the LV program but their decision to transfer is really commonplace. And if they are not happy being LVs, everyone is better off with their decision to pursue their goals elsewhere.

In making that call, they did not betray anyone; they have not been stolen away by nefarious snakes; they are (most likely) not making any kind of statement about KJH; they just want something different.

I suggest the fan focus is better cast toward those who will be part of the program next season and not on those who have opted to move on.

Last edited:
A 2015 report by the National Student Clearinghouse Research Center found that 37.2 percent of college students changed schools at least once within six years, and of these, 45 percent changed their institution more than once.

So in over a third all cases, young adults pick a school and for any number reasons, homesickness, not a great fit, changes in their personal lives, and just being young adults who are quite sure what they want, relocate to another.

Transfers are just part of the college process. The difference in the case of D1 athletes is that they have a unique set of demands, pressures, and considerations, and fans get vested in them. I too would have loved to see Evina an Mimi remain part of the LV program but their decision to transfer is really commonplace. And if they are not happy being LVs, everyone is better off with their decision to pursue their goals elsewhere.

In making that call, they did not betray anyone; they have not been stolen away by nefarious snakes; they are (most likely) not making any kind of statement about KJH; they just want something different.

I suggest the fan focus is better cast toward those who will be part of the program next season and not on those who have opted to move on.
Well said!

VN Store

Back