MiMi transferring

No but i knew firing her would have this dominoe effect. I dont think Jolly will be able to recruit at that level with this staff. Horston was a gift i just hope she sticks around during these trying times. What's the deal with Patterson? Or any other Grad transfers?

Yes, hopefully she will get a quality grad transfer point guard and Patterson or Cook's and as for the class of 2020 go for a couple of mid level recruits that she likes and want to come to Tennessee.
If they win the games they should and pull off a few upsets this coming year, the recruiting will come back.

Huh?
Indiana State Sycamores on Yahoo! Sports - News, Scores, Standings, Rumors, Fantasy Games

No Player Pos Ht Age Yr Hometown 33
Ty Battle
F
6' 1"Sophomore 1VPlainfield (Oswego East)13
Alexis Delgado
G
5' 7"Senior 3VPhoenix (Phoenix College)1
Janara Flowers
G
5' 8"Freshman HSSouthfield (Walled Lake Western)24
Kierra Isaiah
F
6' 0"Senior 3VKansas City (Johnson County CC)5
Maeva Kitantou
G
5' 8"Senior 3VOrleans (Northeast CC)10
Tamara Lee
G
5' 8"23Senior 4VEdmond (Wichita State)3
Ashli O'Neal
G
5' 5"Junior 2VWyoming (Wyoming)11
Krystal Rice
G
5' 8"Sophomore 1VFlint (Flint Hamady)23
Daijah Smith
F
5' 10"Freshman HSGary (Lighthouse College Prep Academy)21
Lynn Tamis
C
6' 3"20Freshman HSAmsterdam (Johan Cruyff College)34
AJ Thomas
F
5' 10"Sophomore 1VDetroit (North Central)14
Tierra Webb
G
5' 7"22Senior 3VRichton Park (Rich South)30
Regan Wentland
F
6' 1"22Senior 3VGreenwood (Center Grove)
Five Sycamores leave ISU women's basketball program

And since this article was posted the other two players with eligibility have left too.

No but i knew firing her would have this dominoe effect. I dont think Jolly will be able to recruit at that level with this staff. Horston was a gift i just hope she sticks around during these trying times. What's the deal with Patterson? Or any other Grad transfers?
Not sure I agree with you. IMO Holly was only using the influence of Pat in the decisions these kids made in committing to Lady Vols. The coaching was atrocious.

Reactions: xtpsrh08123
😂🤣 let him piss and moan if it works out we won’t here from him if it doesn’t we will have to get used to the I told you so
I wasn't a big fan of the hiring because of her record, but I am willing to give Kellie some time to sort through this mess and get her culture and type of players in place.

Have you? Or are you completely blinded to history repeating itself?
No, I am not blinded and history may repeat itself as far as W/L results are concerned. What I can tell you right now is that you or anyone else don't have a crystal ball that says Kellie and staff will definitely fail in the future. I will wait and make my overall judgements in about 3 years. My hope is predicated on this staff's history of demanded effort from their players and being good teachers of the game (something the previous staff lacked). I truly hope they succeed.

I have no issue with that at all. You sign with the coach AND the school. Somebody who signs with Dean Smith's North Carolina doesn't want to (and shouldn't have to) play for Bill Guthridge's North Carolina.
Holly was more Bill Guthridge than Dean Smith.

Reactions: Remy
Is she replacing a first-place coach? Or possibly a second place coach? No she's replacing Holly. And by virtue of that alone that's an upgrade for me
A-to the hell-MEN!!!

Kellie wasn't my first choice, but she is miles better than Holly. I'm happy for the fact that Tennessee finally sent Warlick packing. That alone is cause for celebration.

Have you? Or are you completely blinded to history repeating itself?

Hey, thanks for the great reminder of what happened the last time Kellie was in residence in Knoxville! The thought of history repeating itself has me more encouraged than ever!

What's also encouraging is to see how the fan base is coalescing around the team and how positive outlooks such as the one quoted are evidence of the fun and excitement returning to the program. Thanks again!!!

#MakeLadyVolsGreatAgain

Kellie wasn't my first choice, but she is miles better than Holly.

306q9k.jpg

And she didn't exactly dominate the MVC with the players she had at Missouri State...

She won 72% of her conference games at Missouri State.... you are right she had a difficult time beating Drake who was a top 25 team.... She did give them their only conference loss and also whipped them by 15 points in the SEC tourney.... The same Drake team that got knocked out of the NCAA tourney by one point to Missouri.

You may have a point with some of your issues with Kellie before we hired her but now it is too late.... We all need to rally around her and support everything she is trying to do with this program.

Greatest success to you Ms. Collins, it pains me to see you or any gifted, talented, and high character young lady leave what I believe the greatest program in WCBB. This decision could not have been easy, but I sincerely wish you and your family the brightest future possible, God Bless you, and thank you for your time as a Tennessee Lady Vol.
There are many reasons that a young student-athlete might want to transfer, even a program as great as Tenn, but the fact still remains that the current realities of WCBB will continue to manifest itself with an active Transfer Portal affecting and effecting teams and programs across the country. As you can see UT in not immune. Perhaps one of the things we are missing in 2019 is that a growing number of student-athletes of high or championship skill level want to be national champions more than having loyalty to a school or program where they perceive or outright believe they will not play for a national championship during their 4 year college cycle. Is this not the case for young students-athletes choosing Conn, Baylor, SC, Miss St, and a decade age Tennessee? However, a decade age there was more loyalty to certain programs, namely Conn and Tenn, because they ruled the college landscape, now that landscape has more parity. Many athletes no longer have the faith, patience, commitment, and desire to build and win from the ground up unless this is ingrained in the program's culture. Today's student-athlete needs to understand that a change in coaching is apart of college athletics, but it should not rush or force you into an abrupt decision that might have lasting consequences on you one's future--this statement is directed to all college athletes. The time it takes one to transfer, possibly sit a year, get to know a new system, new teammates, and a new coaching staff could be better spent at the school your already at, continuing the momentum that one has established in one's current career. Who knows with greater commitment in every facet of one's college life you might fine that the "right" not "perfect" situation is the one your already in. Athletes, you are of age and it is your right to make decision regarding your career and life, I just caution you to make them as patiently and as wisely as possible. Best of luck to you all.

Reactions: POLOinDC
Yes, because I think Holly is one of the worst coaches in the game. And spare me the W-L comparison. Holly's W-L record with the talent she had on her teams was pathetic.

I would say it's fair to compare W-L within conferences. It's not completely apples to apples, but how you recruit and coach versus peers on your level is fairly important and nothing Harper did in the MVC blows me away. When Harper did get a chance to play with the big girls, either she couldn't recruit the talent, or couldn't coach it well enough. I know fans are just assuming 5 star players will continue flocking to Tennessee because of the brand name. We'll see.

You hope Harper is better, but at this point there isn't much factual evidence to support it...

She won 72% of her conference games at Missouri State.... you are right she had a difficult time beating Drake who was a top 25 team.... She did give them their only conference loss and also whipped them by 15 points in the SEC tourney.... The same Drake team that got knocked out of the NCAA tourney by one point to Missouri.

You may have a point with some of your issues with Kellie before we hired her but now it is too late.... We all need to rally around her and support everything she is trying to do with this program.
did she have these athletes?

Which is about Holly's win percentage. Cool...
Kelly Graves won 69% of his conference games at st Mary’s.... Brenda Frese won 59% of her conference games at ball state....Muffet McGraw went 17-11 her last year at Lehigh....Vic Schaefer was on 40% of his conference games at Sanford before working his way back up.....Gary Blair won 41% of his conference games at Arkansas.....Anyways you get the idea.... that’s just some of the coaches that most of our fans would have been happy with if Tennessee had hired them.

VN Store

Back