Mike Leach accepted the UT Job, then we withdrew the offer... Let that sink in

Get elite talent? Or get a high profile job? Or actually win any games that matter? Or why him and Mumme are known as gimmick coaches who couldn’t beat real coaches with any regularity
Wow, calm down. Angry and ignorant is no way to go through life son.

Man who cares. There are many good coach’s that aren’t. Mullen would never get to the seccg while at State either.

But at least MULLEN was part of a coaching staff at Florida that won 2 NCs.....

It DOES freakin' matter.....I just can't fix stupid

wonder what you'll be calling Pruitt when we run him out of here in a couple more seasons?

I more concerned with calling out your football stupidity right now....

Leach is a good/great offensive mind--there is NO DOUBT about that...

But he's never won a conference championship
He's never been on a coaching staff that produced a conference championship.....

At least Pruitt has been part of at least 2 different coaching staffs responsible for leading teams to both Conference and National championships...

If all of you damnable football dipsticks can't understand why that matters....you need to go back to your computer games and STHU because the grown-ups are trying to discuss some realities of the game of FB...

Here endeth the lesson

Lol what in the world does that have to do with anything? Seriously?.

Leach has had a long and distinguished/controversial career....
There's no doubt that he knows how to sling the FB all over the field....

But he's NEVER been part of ANY coaching staff as a contributing factor/force in leading a team to be champions...THAT DOES MATTER!

And, as someone else has already said, he has failed to lead either Texas Tech or Wash. State to a conference championship game!!!!

And I'm not just picking on Leach because he went 6-6 this year....
I've always pointed out Leach's deficiencies on this site
He has had poor results in the PAC-12 against the better programs....
He's nothing more than a dang novelty in the game of FB....funny to watch if he isn't YOUR COACH!

You just have to be completely STUPID to ever think that Leach could lead ANY SEC program to a conference championship.

We don't know that because he's never had an opportunity at a place that is a championship level program. Dude had Texas Tech ranked number one in the nation at one point. Washington State is a very difficult place to win at. It's the worst job in the PAC 12. With the right DC hire (just like a HC with a defensive background would need a solid OC) I absolutely believe he could be a championship level HC.

Go Vols (we agree where it really matters, haha)
- has he ever, in 18 seasons, in 2 ish conferences, won even 1 conference championship?

- he’s had as many 3-win seasons (2) as he’s had double digit win seasons.

- 4 of his 8 seasons at Washington State have been losing seasons, including this year, his 8th year.

- have any other top, “championship level programs” ever hired him to be their coach? How many have even interviewed him, other than John freaking Currie?

- you’re certainly welcome to your opinion, but it wouldn’t seem to be be well informed.

Can I double-like the post above? I never understood the hype surrounding Leach. He’s never...NEVER won a conference championship in a couple of soft conferences yet people insisted he could come here and instantly turn us around. He’s a joke. Funny at times to listen to, but a joke. And I can’t even imagine the hate that would spew from the mouths of the people begging for him to be our coach after two losing seasons...though I’d be entertained by it.
I generally agree with your assessment of ML, but the fact is he did win a three way tie for big 12 championship when he had Harrell and Crabtree.

It produces tons of useless yards. Like when Couch at UK used to get 300 yd games easily but lose by 40 pts
Not specific. Is the spread offense gimmicky? Is no huddle gimmicky? Leach invented both. Literally every NCAA and NFL team runs elements of Air Raid. Jim Chaney runs a multiple offense with vertical and horizontal stretch concepts developed by Leach. Please, this is over.

Not specific. Is the spread offense gimmicky? Is no huddle gimmicky? Leach invented both. Literally every NCAA and NFL team runs elements of Air Raid. Jim Chaney runs a multiple offense with vertical and horizontal stretch concepts developed by Leach. Please, this is over.
Leach didn’t “invent” either. Especially no huddle. Give me a break lol but hey you still haven’t answered why no major program will even look at him

Reactions: k-town_king
Leach is in the most rural of Power 5 towns and still goes bowling more often than Tennessee, despite Tennessee being a blue blood program. He beat #4 Texas in 2002, #4 Cal in 2004, #3 Oklahoma in 2007, #1 Texas in 2008, #5 USC in 2017. Tennessee has wins over only two top 5 teams and no #1 teams in that same period. Leach’s teams have gone bowling 16 of his 18 years as a head coach. Tennessee has gone bowling just 11 times in the past 18 seasons. Are there better coaches than Leach? Sure, but he’s still a competent coach.

Not to mention that Leach himself says the Air Raid was copied and based on LaVell Edwards and Dewey Warren’s spread schemes at BYU. And no-huddle offenses have been around for 60+ years. Lol
BYU ran the run and shoot, Air Raid combined the vertical stretches of Sid Gilliam with horizontal stretch concepts in the run and shoot. Who ran no completely no huddle offense before Air Raid? But meth cures cancer, Google it.

Leach is in the most rural of Power 5 towns and still goes bowling more often than Tennessee, despite Tennessee being a blue blood program. He beat #4 Texas in 2002, #4 Cal in 2004, #3 Oklahoma in 2007, #1 Texas in 2008, #5 USC in 2017. Tennessee has wins over only two top 5 teams and no #1 teams in that same period. Leach’s teams have gone bowling 16 of his 18 years as a head coach. Tennessee has gone bowling just 11 times in the past 18 seasons. Are there better coaches than Leach? Sure, but he’s still a competent coach.

So you're gonna compare him to the worse 10 year stretch in Tennessee history, OK then.

- has he ever, in 18 seasons, in 2 ish conferences, won even 1 conference championship?

- he’s had as many 3-win seasons (2) as he’s had double digit win seasons.

- 4 of his 8 seasons at Washington State have been losing seasons, including this year, his 8th year.

- have any other top, “championship level programs” ever hired him to be their coach? How many have even interviewed him, other than John freaking Currie?

- you’re certainly welcome to your opinion, but it wouldn’t seem to be be well informed.

The Big 12 was a great conference before it fell apart. This will piss some people on this board off, but the big 12 was objectively a better conference top to bottom than the SEC for the first 1/2 of his career at TTU. (06 was when the SEC seemed to separate itself and become what we know it as today).

He didn't win the conference, but he did finish in a 3 way tie for the division w/OU and Texas. OU got the nod due to a tie breaker where BCS ranking mattered (OU beat TX Tech, TX Tech beat TU, TU beat OU). Had TX Tech gotten that nod, I believe they beat Mizzou and win a title. I know, ifs and buts and such...

I think one thing that holds him back from getting top tier interviews is the incident with Craig James's son and the ensuing lawsuit. That's my opinion, no way to prove it, but I do believe it plays a large role.

So we may disagree, and that's fine, but my opinion isn't as poorly informed as you seem to believe.

Playing a much easier schedule he still goes 6-7 and plays in the Galleryfurniture and Cheez it bowls where he almost always loses. What an accomplishment. He’s had 3 seasons where he had 2-3 loss seasons instead of his usual 4-9 loss seasons. And STILL no real program will even sniff giving him a chance. Because he sucks. Texas Tech fired him. Wash State had to give alumni donations back because of him

The Big 12 was a great conference before it fell apart. This will piss some people on this board off, but the big 12 was objectively a better conference top to bottom than the SEC for the first 1/2 of his career at TTU. (06 was when the SEC seemed to separate itself and become what we know it as today).

He didn't win the conference, but he did finish in a 3 way tie for the division w/OU and Texas. OU got the nod due to a tie breaker where BCS ranking mattered (OU beat TX Tech, TX Tech beat TU, TU beat OU). Had TX Tech gotten that nod, I believe they beat Mizzou and win a title. I know, ifs and buts and such...

I think one thing that holds him back from getting top tier interviews is the incident with Craig James's son and the ensuing lawsuit. That's my opinion, no way to prove it, but I do believe it plays a large role.

So we may disagree, and that's fine, but my opinion isn't as poorly informed as you seem to believe.
Lmao the Big XII was oklahoma and the 11 dwarves. They were not better than the SEC

Reactions: TJSVOLS
Leach has a team full of 2 *s and no *s. Pruitt has a ton more talent to work with. I do think Pruitt will be a better coach but Leach is really good.
He is really good at post-game sarcasm and humor and is great at sending football players to the tool shed for punishment but can he coach SEC football ?

Reactions: Rickyvol77

VN Store

Back