Mike Leach accepted the UT Job, then we withdrew the offer... Let that sink in

Yep, pisses me off every time I think about it. Then I have to read comments from the dips*it section of the fanbase "He can't do that here 'cause SEC, SEC, SEC". Same morons said the same thing about Spurrier and Urban Meyer.
Or having to remind them that his offense has been and has “worked “ in the SEC when they set multiple NCAA records when he called the plays for Hal Mumme at Kentucky.

It really demonstrates what a shambles our leadership at UT was at the time. The entire BOT should be impeached (lol) for that mess

Reactions: Teirnon
I want to be the team that we were in the late 80’s-early 90’s again. We were feared...might not beat you, but were just as likely to ruin your season. Our home field advantage was legendary. JUCO mercenaries all over the field trying to get to the league. And most importantly, fun to watch. Those years early in the decade of dominance were the most fun I remember as a Vol fan. We are so far from that now.

I think Leach could have brought that spirit back. When a team can find a way to score 50+ it can quickly take a better team out of its game plan. Sure would have loved to see it. I can deal with the record, if we are just competitive. Right now, we’re not.

Last edited:
Reactions: Teirnon
Except Leach didn't have an offer to accept.

Remember at that point, Currie sh!t himself and was flying around on a Kansas State Donor's plane trying a last ditch effort and didn't have the power to offer any coach at that time.

With that said, people would sh!t themselves here if Leach went 12-25 in his first 3 years here.

VN Store

Back