Michigan job?

Wow, the end the of FB season is really tough for some fans to deal with. I guess you just start making up stuff to worry about.

This is like a new variant of BVS. It’s hanging around like herpes. Never going to leave those infected. Symptoms include almost non existent school self esteem. They think our head coaching job is on par with Furman. We are going to have to suffer them until they aren’t here anymore.

This is no longer a problem, we hit the Carolina's, Georgia, Bama and Cali. Virginia is giving us some guys and the portal. Truth be told, I would say we have had the most success of any P5 team with Portal players. That has to pay dividends when kids are looking around.

It will always be a problem, but with more work and a little good fortune it can be mitigated. A higher % of players are more mobile now, but being able to have the home pond with 80 fish is better than one with 12 fish when playing the percentages. Hopefully the NET portal is a winner for us as we climb back up the ladder. Won’t be for everyone.

It will always be a problem, but with more work and a little good fortune it can be mitigated. A higher % of players are more mobile now, but being able to have the home pond with 80 fish is better than one with 12 fish when playing the percentages. Hopefully the NET portal is a winner for us as we climb back up the ladder. Won’t be for everyone.
I agree that Georgia and Florida have a much larger pond. However in Florida you have 3 major schools, UGA has one commitment from a top 10 player instate. We need to recruit everywhere. We always have as long as I can remember anyway

I love how some random podcaster throws at name out there without any inside information and the twitterverse takes it as having merit.

But what I love more are all the follow up comments that SCAR is Beamer's "dream job". If true, he had limited expectations.

Yep. Shane may have a bit of insomnia if that's his dream job.

Reactions: Tnfan41
Tennessee hasn't won the SEC since 1998. I don't think we've even won our division since 2008.

To stay in the Top Tier you need results. We've been short on results.
That was because the administration at the top of the food chain got us a bunch of bargin basement coaches thinking they would somehow get lucky and revive the sleeping monster...Thinking back it is shocking how incompetent those people were...Before Saban LSU fans could not even spell LSU...They were a middle of the pack program who didn't even think about getting a sniff at a SEC title...Florida was the same way before Spurrier...Except for this past stretch Tennessee has always been near the top of the SEC...A lot of younger folks don't remember that but us old folks remember it well.

Its coming. I'm going out on a limb and saying we beat UGA and win the East next year and maybe the whole damn conference

Well, I guess somebody needs to go out there ... it's the next logical step as Milton wins the Heisman. Nobody on this board got to say "I told you so" after predicting our season this year. And there are usually a handful of make the playoff types around here.

I HOPE there is truth to the narrative I have seen that Coach will not consider OU as long as Stoops senior has a prominent role there, and as of now he seems entrenched. Anybody have any real meat or the lack of for this situation? Would love to be able to shelf this fear for cause.

I went to grad school at OU in the Switzer years, and my view is if Venables doesn’t pan out, the OU Regents won’t let Heupel sit in Knoxville when they are coming into the SEC. OU will throw a 10yr/$100 mil package at him, and UT had better get ready to pay up to keep him.

Tennessee by itself has more top tier high school recruits than Michigan does and it's much closer to other states with even more top tier recruits. And SEC just means more and carries weight across the nation.

MICH, OSU, and PSU are at the top of their conference with 10, plus or minus 2, 4-5 star guys. About where we are. But they do not have schools with home bases like GA with 40, and FL and TX in the 60's, and heck LSU has close to 20 and we have to play them. Gotta figure the really talented 3 stars run in proportion to those. The richer can mess up and the rest of us can out evaluate, steal enough of the high star mobile guys to close the gap, but it is a harder road with longer odds to get there and sustain that level. Even in these more mobile days percentages are what they are. TCU tells you it is possible to beat the star system. They last won 80 years ago.

Not a real STAR guy and long have and still do believe they can be used as probabilities of production by group, but never as ceilings on individuals. Draft seems to back that up. Avoid the right high stars and sign the right low stars and life can be good, but beating the odds is tough and Vegas can tell you all about it. And now even if you get them, it is harder to keep them. Portal can net bad news, can net good news. BUT having to recruit uphill is hard. Become a desired destination and being in proximity can in fact be a big help.

Reactions: stewart6600
I couldn’t see him leaving for Michigan but nothing would surprise me especially with what we’ve dealt with over the last 20 years.

VN Store

Back