Michigan job?

Job transfer. Not a deal breaker for her, but she had lived in the flat lands all of her life. Maybe she like the idea of roads being laid out at right angles??
😂 I guess you tend to like what you grew up with,,, I moved back to Middle Tennessee after many years living in East Tennessee and Louisiana and my hometown has lost some of its luster for me… it’s too crowded and nobody is from here anymore.. zero sense of community now

Last edited:
Reactions: Go aeiou
Then you didn't due your due diligance. Chattanooga is a GREAT city with lots of nice safe suburbs well within 45 minutes.
I was working from a particular location. At mid-morning it took 15 minutes just to get to 24. Time has just become too valuable to me to spend mine in a commute. We also like "space" so we would have needed to get a little further out.

My choice turned out well. I have a 10 minute commute and after 4 years am making about twice what I was offered there.

Kansas sucks big time. Only Ohio is worse.
Depends on what you value and where you are. Kansas City is a nicer city than Chattanooga from my experience. I've been to some really nice areas of Ohio too. I would be willing to live in Cincinnati for certain.

Depends on what you value and where you are. Kansas City is a nicer city than Chattanooga from my experience. I've been to some really nice areas of Ohio too. I would be willing to live in Cincinnati for certain.
I don't live in Chattanooga but near. I would feel comfortable walking at night, unarmed in any part of the city with no fear, I have never been in Yankee city (and I have been to many, my daddy was a trucker) where I could say that.

😂 I guess you tend to like what you grew up with,,, I moved back to Middle Tennessee after many years living in East Tennessee and Louisiana and my hometown has lost some of its luster for me… it’s too crowded and nobody is from here anymore.. zero sense of community now

Where is that?

It sounds like most towns/cities in TN except for the very smallest one.

I don't live in Chattanooga but near. I would feel comfortable walking at night, unarmed in any part of the city with no fear, I have never been in Yankee city (and I have been to many, my daddy was a trucker) where I could say that.
I didn't really spend that much time looking into crime. But you made me curious.

According to this site, Chattanooga is more dangerous overall than KC. It also says that Chattanooga is more dangerous than 99% of American cities but that must include small towns and cities.

As far as "yankee" towns go... places like Sioux Falls are similar in size and far safer. Even Omaha which is much larger is safer.

Chattanooga Crime Rates and Statistics - NeighborhoodScout

I didn't really spend that much time looking into crime. But you made me curious.

According to this site, Chattanooga is more dangerous overall than KC. It also says that Chattanooga is more dangerous than 99% of American cities but that must include small towns and cities.

As far as "yankee" towns go... places like Sioux Falls are similar in size and far safer. Even Omaha which is much larger is safer.

Chattanooga Crime Rates and Statistics - NeighborhoodScout
From personal experience I would walk through Alton Park at night without fear. Friday nights they have concerts downtown and no one gets mugged or harmed.

From personal experience I would walk through Alton Park at night without fear. Friday nights they have concerts downtown and no one gets mugged or harmed.
step outside of the gentrified areas and you may not feel the same way. Hangout where East Maine and Dodds Ave. come together.

There are parts of most cities that are safe... and other parts that aren't. The Plaza, the Power and Light District, and River Market areas of KC are as safe as any place in the country. Go a little east or west... not so much.

The fastest growing town/city in TN.
Yep, and we feel it.. it takes about thirty minutes to get across town now and you can just forget about getting a primary care doctor, and about half of the time we get our mail and our trash picked up.. traffic is awful and our services are getting strained

Yep, and we feel it.. it takes about thirty minutes to get across town now and you can just forget about getting a primary care doctor, and about half of the time we get our mail and our trash picked up.. traffic is awful and our services are getting strained

A friend of mine who is 71 was told by his primary doc that he is no longer accepting Medicare patients.
My primary doc asked me how long I had been a patient of his? He looked at my chart and said "over ten years". I feel lucky to not get the boot.

We are in Hermitage. Private trash service, but cutomers regularly tip the workers.

nashville and surround towns are becoming one very large city.

VN Store

Back