Michigan job?

No but Arkansas State fans should worry.

Butch Jones had Mike DeBord leaking his name in Ann Arbor when the Michigan job was open as they moved to get Harbaugh at the helm, Handsome Dave Hart took the bait hook line and sinker as he went 6 or 7 deep on his list and was turned down by Charlie Strong after having been told yes, Hart knew he couldn't hire another coach, he had zero credibility anyway, so he raised and extended Butch and after the ink was dry, Butch hired DeBord as offensive coordinator and the very expensive sh7tshow continued until Butch went o for in the conference in a position he was not qualifiedfor and was grossly overpaid to perform, but the problems started with piss poor leadership and rank incompetence at the university level.

Those who do not remember the past are condemned to repeat it.

Reactions: BigALWiLson
No. They will go after Urban Meyer...who is nowhere close to being a Michigan man

Reactions: Tnfan41
If Harbaugh leaves, Sherrone Moore or Mike Hart will be promoted.

Rumor is Kiffin.
LOL. That would be hilarious. They would so deserve each other. What was the old ICBM thing? MAD? Mutually Assured Destruction? He would talk shyte about osu, it would mess up Ole Miss ... and then he would move on again, leaving michigan in smoldering wreckage. I so hope this happens.

Reactions: MemphisVol77
But we have to do it with an inferior recruiting base.
This is no longer a problem, we hit the Carolina's, Georgia, Bama and Cali. Virginia is giving us some guys and the portal. Truth be told, I would say we have had the most success of any P5 team with Portal players. That has to pay dividends when kids are looking around.

The only college job I would worry about would be OU just because he played there. He appears to be genuinely having fun and exceeded expectations this year. He has some studs in the wings and bringing more on board. If he keeps up the momentum he will be coaching a playoff contender every year and with the current AD and administration he will have every resource necessary to do that. I don't see him leaving at all and at least not until he wins a NC would i worry about him leaving for the NFL. I personally believe that is a box he wants to check before he would move on.

Huepel has shown he can run his offense even in tough league like SEC. He has also shown he can navigate tough waters with remarkable turnaround. Will he be on the list of bunch of schools who need a coach ? Yes. And that is a good thing.
Will he entertain it : depends on what UT pays him both in terms of money and guarantees. Most coaches are now wanting 8-9 year guaranteed contracts so they don't fired after a bad season or two. So anything is possible (not probable but yes possible). The good news is UT is much attractive place to bring new coach now then it was when Huepel took over, if the need ever arose.

Reactions: tbones0711
Im fine if Michigan falls into the abyss of mediocrity again.

Harbaugh needs to go to Indy with his buddy and stop teasing everyone.

Not worried about them in the least.

Any AD in their right mind will have Josh Heupel on his/her short list. CJH has everything he needs and more for success at UT. I do not see CJH entertaining any offer, except to perhaps have Danny write a larger check - aka Mike Grundy flirtations

Should we worry about Michigan if Harbaugh leaves?
I haven’t thought about it, but I might apply for the job if Harbaugh leaves. Will even do it for less money. Like $2mm per year with a 5 year contract. Did they post on LinkedIn yet?

Listening to Andy Staples at the moment, who is much more connected than me (obviously), and according to him Heupel is happy where he is and wouldn’t take the Michigan job.

VN Store

Back