Michigan job?

I only worry about the school that hires Danny White away from us. If that happens then Heupel is a package deal. If White is still employed here I feel the comfort and trust Heupel feels will make him be willing to pass up other comparable jobs. I mean if he is given Jimbo Fisher or Brian Kelly money the sure but surely schools have learned from the Mel Tucker over reacting to a good season and paying absurd amount.

I went to grad school at OU in the Switzer years, and my view is if Venables doesn’t pan out, the OU Regents won’t let Heupel sit in Knoxville when they are coming into the SEC. OU will throw a 10yr/$100 mil package at him, and UT had better get ready to pay up to keep him.
He’ll be making more than that by then.

LOL. That would be hilarious. They would so deserve each other. What was the old ICBM thing? MAD? Mutually Assured Destruction? He would talk shyte about osu, it would mess up Ole Miss ... and then he would move on again, leaving michigan in smoldering wreckage. I so hope this happens.
Kiffin has learned his leason he will not be able to get a good class until he shows he is committed to Ole Miss. Not going to Auburn will help in the long run.

Reactions: orangebloodgmc
Kiffin has learned his leason he will not be able to get a good class until he shows he is committed to Ole Miss. Not going to Auburn will help in the long run.

I will be watching Kiffin's trajectory cause I will never ever in a hundred years forget what his youthful narcissism cost UT. Just don't think a more mature case of narcissism can get Ole Miss where they want to go. Him playing AU this cycle is telling. I can't understand AU or UM ponying up the big bucks the way his season ended. Finishing 1-5 with that one win being TAM is what it is, and that is not inspiring.

I went to grad school at OU in the Switzer years, and my view is if Venables doesn’t pan out, the OU Regents won’t let Heupel sit in Knoxville when they are coming into the SEC. OU will throw a 10yr/$100 mil package at him, and UT had better get ready to pay up to keep him.

Does your inside provide you info on the validity or not of any Heupel Stoops issue? Sure, if we keep climbing, OU will have to try, just like we went after Johnny back in the day, but is there enough money to gloss over the elephant in the room, IF it is a reality? Hoping somebody can validate what the depth is of any issue, and what a resolution path would have to be.

Should we worry about Michigan if Harbaugh leaves?
UT better be petrified. Heupel is as good as gone. We can't possibly expect to hold on to him with so many opportunities at so many places and in so many sports. Not enough money to keep him at UT. We'd better assemble a search committee and start looking. So get your panic on.

Coaching Jobs | NCAA Market

Reactions: DuckInAPen
I will be watching Kiffin's trajectory cause I will never ever in a hundred years forget what his youthful narcissism cost UT. Just don't think a more mature case of narcissism can get Ole Miss where they want to go. Him playing AU this cycle is telling. I can't understand AU or UM ponying up the big bucks the way his season ended. Finishing 1-5 with that one win being TAM is what it is, and that is not inspiring.

Dude, let it go. We all do dumb things when we're young. Kiffin was just "young" well into his 30s. You're going to let a man you claim to despise live rent free in your head for a hundred years?

Dude, let it go. We all do dumb things when we're young. Kiffin was just "young" well into his 30s. You're going to let a man you claim to despise live rent free in your head for a hundred years?

NOPE, I reserve the right to take shots at him at will, and will do the same for Pruitt for his different acts with similar impact to our program. General inability to perform like Dooley and Butch are in a totally different category and I can just walk away. A Lack of integrity not so much.

UT better be petrified. Heupel is as good as gone. We can't possibly expect to hold on to him.... We'd better assemble a search committee and start looking.
A thing about radios that Hollywood often gets wrong: they're not like telephones. They don't transmit and receive at the same time (for a few very good reasons). When the radio operator pushes the "transmit" button in, he no longer hears what others are saying. When he releases the button, he can again hear incoming signals.

I mention all that only to say this to you, Cavput: brother, as often as you are wrong, you should remain in "receive" mode 100% of the time. I mean, you can't open your mouth without being way off the mark. You have eaten so much crow these past two years, the birds have gone extinct in your county and the five adjacent counties.

:)

lol I'm just teasing you, but seriously you might want to go easier on that transmit button.

Go Vols!

He isn't going to do much with the terrible recruiting classes he has been getting and alot was that the Mississippi High school coaches don't like him they don't trust him. I really don't care what happens with him I was just thinking the longer he stays and don't jump at every job he may do good but Ole Miss may be ready to move on if it don't happen soon.

Glad that my complaint was finally received by the NCAA

635691226945789850-AP-Michigan-Harbaugh-Camp-Fo.jpg

Should we worry about Michigan if Harbaugh leaves?

No, because:

1) We wouldn't have to pay him the exorbitant raise folks here are clamoring for. We'd be able to make a fiscally responsible hire -- an up-and-comer with fire in his belly.

2) We wouldn't have to lose him in embarrassing manner to soon-to-be-conference-rival Oklahoma, his alma mater ("when mama comes callin'," etc.)

3) Also Heupel, like this post, might look good in blue.

Reactions: ClearwaterVol
A thing about radios that Hollywood often gets wrong: they're not like telephones. They don't transmit and receive at the same time (for a few very good reasons). When the radio operator pushes the "transmit" button in, he no longer hears what others are saying. When he releases the button, he can again hear incoming signals.

I mention all that only to say this to you, Cavput: brother, as often as you are wrong, you should remain in "receive" mode 100% of the time. I mean, you can't open your mouth without being way off the mark. You have eaten so much crow these past two years, the birds have gone extinct in your county and the five adjacent counties.

lol I'm just teasing you, but seriously you might want to go easier on that transmit button.

Go Vols!
Nah. If the OP didn't pose the question, someone else would have and likely already has. Every single time a job opens up, our fans go into full panic mode that they're gonna lose Heupel. Then the calls to get financially stupid and raise salaries to an even greater level of insanity start up. My sarcasm rubs my wife the wrong way, too. Just couldn't let the opportunity pass. No offense to the OP.

Go Vols!

CAVPUT's post was clearly facetious: "so many opportunities . . . in so many sports." I, for one, was highly amused.

Reactions: VFL-82-JP
Nah. If the OP didn't pose the question, someone else would have and likely already has. Every single time a job opens up, our fans go into full panic mode that they're gonna lose Heupel. Then the calls to get financially stupid and raise salaries to an even greater level of insanity start up. My sarcasm rubs my wife the wrong way, too. Just couldn't let the opportunity pass. No offense to the OP.
Ah, I believed you were sincere in that post. My apologies for missing your sarcasm.

Reactions: DuckInAPen
if you are going to spend every offseason trying to worry yourself with why no coach wants to be at Tennessee and always thinking that our coach is looking for another job, you probably need to find something else to follow. especially now that players are moving around like they are, you may not have the stomach for the twists and turns of college football.

Reactions: feathersax
Does your inside provide you info on the validity or not of any Heupel Stoops issue? Sure, if we keep climbing, OU will have to try, just like we went after Johnny back in the day, but is there enough money to gloss over the elephant in the room, IF it is a reality? Hoping somebody can validate what the depth is of any issue, and what a resolution path would have to be.

I think the Stoops thing has diminished over time. It was obviously a bad move by Stoops to fire Josh looking back. Big Game Bob helped out when Riley ran off, and I’m sure Castiglione would value his input if Venables crashes out. But some hardcore fans didn’t like Heupel’s offense at the time, after getting blown out by Baylor two consecutive years when they were in the national title hunt. And also, Heupel was perceived as a lazy recruiter. A bigger concern I think is OU’s recent experience with Riley— all offense and no defense in big games like getting blown out by UGA in the CFP. But if Heupel keeps us in the national conversation, defense keeps improving, and he keeps landing top-10 classes, I could see OU Regents putting a 10/10 contract in front of Josh in about two or three years. Venebles has a 8/8 deal now. OU’s big concern is not becoming the next Nebraska, and that’s why they got together with Texas in this package deal to the SEC because of A&M’s success. Venebles might be their Jeremy Pruitt, his seat will be warm going into next year after the 49-0 loss to Texas this year. Tenn will have to ante up Sooner or later to keep Josh more than four years. 😊

Last edited:
Reactions: SpookyAction
This adds some spice to the situation at UM

Michigan Football Under Investigation, Charges Expected Soon

"One of the potential rules violations includes a Level I violation on coach Jim Harbaugh after he allegedly didn’t cooperate with investigators"
Now Harbaugh to the NFL makes sense. He is on the Pete Carroll retirement plan.

I feel deeply that Beamer is a total crap coach. A crap coach that crushed us like a bug.
I don't care if he goes to UM or not.
I would really miss his hype videos.

VN Store

Back