'20 MD DL Dominic Bailey (UT SIGNEE)

Are y'all talking about savion? Pretty sure he redshirted first year of juco.
Callahan has said he has 3 years to play 2. Curious he wouldn't redshirt though. Didn't seem to have much of an impact. With so many seniors next year...wonder if they could talk him into it. Seems to need S&C...

Callahan has said he has 3 years to play 2. Curious he wouldn't redshirt though. Didn't seem to have much of an impact. With so many seniors next year...wonder if they could talk him into it. Seems to need S&C...
Well he only played 1 season of juco in 2018 and was a senior in hs in 2016 so if my maths are correct he redshirted in 2017.

Went back and looked at Savion Williams' football experience prior to the Vols. His senior HS season was 2016. Then he went JUCO due to academics, specifically Lackawanna College. The Lackawanna website appears to show that he played in 3 games in 2017 season and 10 games in 2018 season.

So, we know he used a year of eligibility in 2018 at Lackawanna and a year of eligibility in 2019 at UT.

Lackawanna appears to have only played 9 games in 2017.. their scheduled opening game in 2017 was cancelled. At an NCAA school, you can now play up to 4 games at any point in the season and not use a year of eligibility. But, I believe in 2017, the NCAA rule was that you could play in no more than 30% of the games AND you had to have a season ending injury to qualify for a redshirt. An old recruiting article indicated Savion had three years to play three at UT when he committed. But, UT's website showed him as a Junior on the 2019 roster, and again he did use a year of eligibility in 2019 by playing 7 games. All this to say it's very unclear to me whether Savion used eligibility in 2017 or qualified for a redshirt.

I'd like to know if UT Athletics Compliance believes he will be eligible to play here in 2020 and 2021. Do any of you besides OD have a friend in UT Compliance?

The 4 game redshirt does not apply to JUCO. Williams came here having 3 years to play 2. He appeared in to many games this season to redshirt. Now he has 1 year of eligibility to play, but he can still redshirt a year as well. If he's here in 2021, it will be because he redshirted 2020. This may not be that bad of an option for him in regards to playing time.

Don't think they want to redshirt him. I think they'd like his spot open for next year's recruiting class.

Reactions: MadWorld
247 was the ones that said he wasn't that great in practice during the UA practice/game, correct? If so, not sure we want them to reevaluate lol
No that was Rivals. They said he was great in game, and he was unstoppable, but that he struggled in practice. 247 hasn’t done anything with him. I think he could’ve made a case for a top 247 player. He’s really good. But they haven’t even watched his tape in 2018 or 2019. I mean, I guess they’re too busy watching all of Bama’s commits tapes

247 said he had a good week at the AA practices (and Rivals said he didn't) so who knows about his ranking. I assume he'll probably stay around where he is.

Reactions: TrippieRedd
The only thing I use Rivals,247,etc. for is who has offered, when have they visited and that type of info. Hell my wife could work there and have just as much knowledge about their rankings as they do she also has never had a paying job evaluating football talent just like they have. I REALLY love when they throw out what round pick they'll be in the NFL draft. Put stock in who offers and how much effort the big dogs put into getting a recruit, the rest is BS.

VN Store

Back