Marxist Black Lives Matter

There is NO "leadership" from the executive branch, Congess and down to the mayor's office. Everybody knows. This has been made readily apparent....All the emperors have not a stitch of clothes... ironically --as drump said-- "the game is rigged" and he oughta know!
That's not the role of the executive brance to play.

Reactions: volfanjustin
There is NO "leadership" from the executive branch, Congess and down to the mayor's office. Everybody knows. This has been made readily apparent....All the emperors have not a stitch of clothes... ironically --as drump said-- "the game is rigged" and he oughta know!

Looking to the federal government for leadership is futile and no adult should need to be lead by people hundreds/thousands of miles away in Washington DC. Asking them to lead you is asking them to control you.

No but I think people like Deblasio will buy up emptying residential buildings for the cheap then sell them later.
He'll have to sell them cheap too because he even ran off Donald Trump. The city of NY is going to become a ghost town in a few decades when the entire business community moves south to get away from the taxes and lawlessness. The politicians are starting to see it happen and they know it.

โ€œThe gameโ€ has nothing to with what these worthless people are doing.

Reactions: Orangeslice13
That's not the role of the executive brance to play.
Wasn't it the same group crying when the executive branch acted a few weeks ago? It's the same with this as it is with covid, if the President takes over he's a dictator if he doesn't then he's accused of not doing anything.

He'll have to sell them cheap too because he even ran off Donald Trump. The city of NY is going to become a ghost town in a few decades when the entire business community moves south to get away from the taxes and lawlessness. The politicians are starting to see it happen and they know it.

NYC will always be a hub of finance and commerce BUT with companies and employees figuring out how to work from home more and more people will move to cheaper areas of the country.

Wasn't it the same group crying when the executive branch acted a few weeks ago? It's the same with this as it is with covid, if the President takes over he's a dictator if he doesn't then he's accused of not doing anything.
20200810_162245.jpg20200810_162315.jpg

NYC will always be a hub of finance and commerce BUT with companies and employees figuring out how to work from home more and more people will move to cheaper areas of the country.
Why do you think it'll always be a hub for finance? Hedge funds are already starting to move to Florida to get away from the stifling NYC taxes. Why make 90 million when you can make 110 and be in warmer weather?

Reactions: marcusluvsvols
Why do you think it'll always be a hub for finance? Hedge funds are already starting to move to Florida to get away from the stifling NYC taxes. Why make 90 million when you can make 110 and be in warmer weather?

The Exchange isn't moving.

You think they will accomplish anything meaningful?

Probably not ...the "woke" protests that are "media approved" and sanctioned are largely run by members of the professional managerial class...this is where the true class conflict is occurring -- within the top 10%---this group has made the protests all about identity which is to their material advantage ....see all the WOKE corporate ads as of late....
Since we are in the Marxist thread-- ole Karl would characterize the "looters" as the lumpenproletariat....the permanent underclass who have received one message from corporate America and the society at large: consume, comsume, consume. SO every message is get rich...buy sh**. They have been forgotten for so long that any truly meaningful change is beyond conception..
And the working class has been decimated by 40 years of Reaganomics, neoliberal policies like NAFTA and the wholesale abandonment of the democratic party....so no ...after the pandemic wanes nothing will be different..."We will not wake up after the lockdown in a new world. It will be the same, just a bit worse" --M.H.

Probably not ...the "woke" protests that are "media approved" and sanctioned are largely run by members of the professional managerial class...this is where the true class conflict is occurring -- within the top 10%---this group has made the protests all about identity which is to their material advantage ....see all the WOKE corporate ads as of late....
Since we are in the Marxist thread-- ole Karl would characterize the "looters" as the lumpenproletariat....the permanent underclass who have received one message from corporate America and the society at large: consume, comsume, consume. They have been forgotten for so long that any truly meaningful change is beyond conception..
And the working class has been decimated by 40 years of Reaganomics, neoliberal policies like NAFTA and the wholesale abandonment of the democratic party....so no ...after the pandemic wanes nothing will be different..."We will not wake up after the lockdown in a new world. It will be the same, just a bit worse" --M.H.

You are ready for your party pin comrade.

I like this analysis from Zizek::
Take a moment to watch--from the English riots of 2011:

"...the only form protest can take is meaningless violence. Perhaps this is one of the main dangers of capitalism: although by virtue of being global it encompasses the whole world, it sustains a โ€˜worldless' ideological constellation in which people are deprived of their ways of locating meaning."

"...they also contain a moment of genuine protest, in the form of an ironic response to consumerist ideology: โ€˜You call on us to consume-- while simultaneously depriving us of the means to do it properly โ€“ so here we are doing it the only way we can.โ€™

Slavoj ลฝiลพek ยท Shoplifters of the World Unite ยท LRB 19 August 2011

"These same stores that were hit last night were hit previously, not just by looting but by closures related to COVID-19," she said. "Stores that were targeted were more than just large chain stores. There are small businesses and restaurants representing our city's jobs and livelihoods, all of which were in the process of recovering or on the verge of recovering."
โ€œTo those who engaged in this criminal behavior, letโ€™s be clear: we are coming for you. We are already at work in finding you and we intend to hold you accountable for your actions,โ€ she said. โ€œThere is no justification for criminal behavior ever. You have no right, no right, to take and destroy the property of othersโ€ฆ this is not anywhere near acceptable."
-Chicago Mayor Lightfoot
Too little too late, Lightweight.

As long as it's there money will stay in NYC.
You can trade from anywhere - the need to have a physical exchange where trades are placed went away a long time ago, beginning in the late 90s. The only reason the NYSE trading floor and the opening/closing bell still exists is for show/PR. A tiny amount of the total order flow makes it to that floor anymore, and all they're doing these days are staring at computers, which can be done from anywhere.

The biggest reason the finance industry at large is still located there is because it's been there a really long time and there would be large costs associated with moving all of it (but also money to be saved over the long-term), plus proximity to talent. Proximity to talent is also the biggest (maybe the only?) reason Silicon Valley is still in California.

Maybe not, but they have pretty much gone virtual anyway. They don't need guys throwing their hands up writing stuff down on paper, it's all computerized now.

I want them to stay in NYC, I don't want them moving here and voting like they did there. We should all encourage New Yorkers to stay right where they are.

I want them to stay in NYC, I don't want them moving here and voting like they did there. We should all encourage New Yorkers to stay right where they are.
My neighborhood has been inundated by people from the north and california. I can't say how they vote, but I don't get the feeling that it's conservative. Luckily before they assimilate the south into the borg, I'll be dead and it'll be up to my kids and grandkids to decide how they want to live.

My neighborhood has been inundated by people from the north and california. I can't say how they vote, but I don't get the feeling that it's conservative. Luckily before they assimilate the south into the borg, I'll be dead and it'll be up to my kids and grandkids to decide how they want to live.

Had a discussion with some friends of ours from Austin this weekend. Without going into too much detail, it's slowly turning into a mixed version of San Francisco, Portland and some of the ole keep Austin weird movement.

The state's capitol is going to ๐Ÿ’ฉ

VN Store

Back