Marquill Osborne Transferring

Osborne was good. Its a shame he's leaving. I thought Pruitt was way out of line the way he embarrassed him on the sideline. I would bet it has a lot to do with why he's leaving. The kid was trying to make a play is all. Here the kid is thinking he should be getting praised for a big interception....instead he's getting lambasted for trying to make it even better. Yeah...it was bad decision to lateral...but you don't undress the kid on national tv like that. These kids have some pride. Pruitt should be lambasted for getting vaporized by Missouri and Vandy.
Agree. In very limited minutes the kid blocked a kick for a TD and had two interceptions, but hey what do I know.

Good luck young man! I thought the kid played well and had ability. A ball hawk. I wonder if Pruitt screaming at him on the sideline after trying to lateral the ball after an interception has anything to do with it. I thought Pruitt got a little too heated with him. Oh well.
If you can't handle getting yelled out for doing something dumb like that then you are soft. It's called coaching. It's amazing that we want Saban-like coaching but then complain when we get it.

Good luck young man! I thought the kid played well and had ability. A ball hawk. I wonder if Pruitt screaming at him on the sideline after trying to lateral the ball after an interception has anything to do with it. I thought Pruitt got a little too heated with him. Oh well.
Bro..its football....not AYSO curling..

If you can't handle getting yelled out for doing something dumb like that then you are soft. It's called coaching. It's amazing that we want Saban-like coaching but then complain when we get it.
Oh, so coaching is yelling. Got it. Ever see George Quarrles yell? And, we don’t even know that’s why he left. He obviously wasn’t high on the depth chart.

Reactions: GetYouSomeofThat
Oh, so coaching is yelling. Got it. Ever see George Quarrles yell? And, we don’t even know that’s why he left. He obviously wasn’t high on the depth chart.
I didn't say that but yelling when you screw up is part of coaching. Hell I was in high school band and my band teacher was notorious for screaming at us for screwing up. But you know what, we won a lot of trophies in competitions. My point is, we need a team that can handle being yelled at for screw ups instead of searching for a safe space.

Also, I'm not saying that is why he left. I doubt it has anything to do with it. I was just commenting on BigBadVol's post.

What’s wrong with a lateral after an INT? Hell, live a little.

Would you still be saying that if the lateral had resulted in a fumble recovered by Kentucky? He's lucky that he didn't immediately have that great play erased by a dumb move. We can be honest, that's what it was.

There was a time to teach the player why that was a bad play but immediately going off on him on Nat TV and continuing on about it in the post game interview was over the line in my book. As I said earlier that you probably missed, how can you expect Tenn players to know how to react in that situation? Hell, they’d never been in a SEC game a couple of TDS ahead late since 2016!

And how can you expect them to know how to react if you don't set the standard? That's a moment Osborne will never forget, which he can use (if he chooses) for his betterment.

Bro..its football....not AYSO curling..

it's almost 2019, not 1969 either...head coaches can't pull that crap anymore...it's berating, not coaching...can't do that to your coaches either or you wind up with no one wanting to come here to be an OC...Coach Pruitt better lighten up some...:D

GO VOLS...RECRUIT LIKE HECK!

Reactions: VolAllen
Would you still be saying that if the lateral had resulted in a fumble recovered by Kentucky? He's lucky that he didn't immediately have that great play erased by a dumb move. We can be honest, that's what it was.
Would he chew him out had the other guy caught it and ran 50 yards for the score? Probably not....you see how that works?

Reactions: ABINGDON VOL FAN
I didn't say that but yelling when you screw up is part of coaching. Hell I was in high school band and my band teacher was notorious for screaming at us for screwing up. But you know what, we won a lot of trophies in competitions. My point is, we need a team that can handle being yelled at for screw ups instead of searching for a safe space.

Also, I'm not saying that is why he left. I doubt it has anything to do with it. I was just commenting on BigBadVol's post.
We DO NOT know that’s why he left.

What a bunch of snowflakes. All good coaches do the same thing, if they can't handle that then they will fold when the game is on the line.

Correct. Vols not only have soft players that get butt hurt but many of our fans are soft little snowflakes too.

Reactions: daddyskunk
it's almost 2019, not 1969 either...head coaches can't pull that crap anymore...it's berating, not coaching...can't do that to your coaches either or you wind up with no one wanting to come here to be an OC...Coach Pruitt better lighten up some...:D

GO VOLS...RECRUIT LIKE HECK!
There aint feelings in football!

Osborne was good. Its a shame he's leaving. I thought Pruitt was way out of line the way he embarrassed him on the sideline. I would bet it has a lot to do with why he's leaving. The kid was trying to make a play is all. Here the kid is thinking he should be getting praised for a big interception....instead he's getting lambasted for trying to make it even better. Yeah...it was bad decision to lateral...but you don't undress the kid on national tv like that. These kids have some pride. Pruitt should be lambasted for getting vaporized by Missouri and Vandy.

Pruitt was right in confronting his stupid play of trying to lateral the ball, sheesh, he's the coach coaching the player

VN Store

Back