Marquill Osborne Transferring

Honestly I probably would’ve done the same thing if I was his coach. No need to be cute just go to the ground, the game is over, while Pruitt might have seemed rough on him you saw after that it looked like he was talking to him a bit more easier and trying to teach him.

Looked like MO was walking away laughing to me and JP yanked him back in for more. Maybe there were some trust issues.

This is very unwarranted. I really believe kid wanted to continue to give his all for UT. He saw the writing on the wall and knew he probably wasn't going to start or play much next year. It is his choice to go somewhere he can play. It isn't like he quit on the team like Hurd because he wanted to play a different position!!!

Interesting, "this decision does not come easy and with deep regret."

You normally regret a decision after you've made it. I wonder what he regrets....
Probably that things didn’t go as planned during his time here.

Good luck to him!

Honestly I probably would’ve done the same thing if I was his coach. No need to be cute just go to the ground, the game is over, while Pruitt might have seemed rough on him you saw after that it looked like he was talking to him a bit more easier and trying to teach him.

This. It’s players not being held accountable and being able to do whatever they wanted that lead to the terrible culture under Butch.

Agreed! I guess the opportunities are slim right now at CB especially when the secondary has Thompson and Taylor locking down those spots.
I agree somewhat with those two starting but Osbourne was fitting into the system IMO. Maybe he feels he could start elsewhere but was getting to the point of being a solid back-up. I would like to see a few others transfer 1st.

Reactions: Orangewhitefan
Best of everything to him and his in the future.

Pruitt can be a little heavy handed but this is not backyard football. No need to get careless with football.
He's for sure over-the-top with sideline demeanor but looks better at it than CBJ. It has a lot to do with the missed assignments and tackling that kept re-occurring during games. Once he gets the players he wants and they understand and execute, I'm hoping he'll be a little calmer. Kicking a chalkboard isn't a good look.

He's for sure over-the-top with sideline demeanor but looks better at it than CBJ. It has a lot to do with the missed assignments and tackling that kept re-occurring during games. Once he gets the players he wants and they understand and execute, I'm hoping he'll be a little calmer. Kicking a chalkboard isn't a good look.

You have to feel for Pruitt, he's never had to be front and center on the sideline, or speaking to reporters, while calling the defense and being responsible for everything on the field.

He's a good old Alabama country boy that happens to be a pretty darn good DC. One that has been hired to take the rains of a poor old mule that's half dead and tasked to make it perform like a new tractor.
Good luck JP and God speed

Last edited:
Good luck young man! I thought the kid played well and had ability. A ball hawk. I wonder if Pruitt screaming at him on the sideline after trying to lateral the ball after an interception has anything to do with it. I thought Pruitt got a little too heated with him. Oh well.

If you can't stand the heat get out of the kitchen. However, I don't think this was even considered. Osborne appears to be ably to stand the heat. That's not the problem, I think he wants to have more playing time than he sees being in his future here.

Reactions: HuntlandVolinColo

Who gives a dam- how it looks, as long as it gets results and doesn't cross the "Woody - Knight" line.

Reactions: HuntlandVolinColo
Agreed! I guess the opportunities are slim right now at CB especially when the secondary has Thompson and Taylor locking down those spots.

Honestly if CJP has his way and I think he will, Taylor and Thompson will be recruited over as well. I can see one of them being moved down to NB in a few years if recruiting and development go as planned.

He was a lot calmer than I thought he would be.

VN Store

Back