Marquill Osborne Transferring

Why is he leaving?

Is he butthurt because of the ass chewing Pruitt gave him on the sideline in the Kentucky game for trying to pitch the ball after he got a pic?

Shut up lol

Edit: He didn’t play because we had two Freshman one of whom made All-SEC and another who barely got thrown at until late in the season. That’s why he didn’t start. Osborne can start somewhere just not Tennessee.

To win in the SEC you must have quality backups. Injuries happen. 5 WR sets happen. We’ll never get back to being a winning team if our quality non starters leave the program. But I guess it is easier to quit and find a school with less talented starters than it is to work all off season and win a starting spot.

Why is he leaving?

Is he butthurt because of the ass chewing Pruitt gave him on the sideline in the Kentucky game for trying to pitch the ball after he got a pic?

Probably more to do with the fact he barely got in the field after WV but when he did he had two INTs in about 10 minutes. I don’t care what you say it makes the coach look bad when that happens & this could be one reason CJP probably went off on him so bad in the last minute of the game.

I told my friend who was watching the game that those kids can’t be expected to know how to play in a SEC game up multiple scores late. Hell, they hadn’t been in that situation since 2016 and very few of them played then.

Reactions: VolAllen
To win in the SEC you must have quality backups. Injuries happen. 5 WR sets happen. We’ll never get back to being a winning team if our quality non starters leave the program. But I guess it is easier to quit and find a school with less talented starters than it is to work all off season and win a starting spot.

You realize we have a ridiculous amount of DBs coming in this year and recruited a bunch last year right? The coaches know he is good enough to start somewhere and I am sure they had that discussion with him and told him it was better for him to transfer for himself. Because with us taking a class around 28, we have to make room. You will see more drop off roughly 9-10 more

Reactions: lexkyvol
Probably more to do with the fact he barely got in the field after WV but when he did he had two INTs in about 10 minutes. I don’t care what you say it makes the coach look bad when that happens & this could be one reason CJP probably went off on him so bad in the last minute of the game.

I told my friend who was watching the game that those kids can’t be expected to know how to play in a SEC game up multiple scores late. Hell, they hadn’t been in that situation since 2016 and very few of them played then.

Pruitt chewed his ass because he’s a knuckle head, and he argued back. He should have taken his ass chewing for his bone head play and moved on. He could have been in line for a lot of PT this coming season but his ego got in the way.

Osborne was good. Its a shame he's leaving. I thought Pruitt was way out of line the way he embarrassed him on the sideline. I would bet it has a lot to do with why he's leaving. The kid was trying to make a play is all. Here the kid is thinking he should be getting praised for a big interception....instead he's getting lambasted for trying to make it even better. Yeah...it was bad decision to lateral...but you don't undress the kid on national tv like that. These kids have some pride. Pruitt should be lambasted for getting vaporized by Missouri and Vandy.

He's for sure over-the-top with sideline demeanor but looks better at it than CBJ. It has a lot to do with the missed assignments and tackling that kept re-occurring during games. Once he gets the players he wants and they understand and execute, I'm hoping he'll be a little calmer. Kicking a chalkboard isn't a good look.

I don't think he is quite over the top yet but getting darn close and not a good look.

I agree, I think he will calm down a little once he gets his guys. Had to been tough to transition from the level of success that he had to what he got at UT.

Osborne was good. Its a shame he's leaving. I thought Pruitt was way out of line the way he embarrassed him on the sideline. I would bet it has a lot to do with why he's leaving. The kid was trying to make a play is all. Here the kid is thinking he should be getting praised for a big interception....instead he's getting lambasted for trying to make it even better. Yeah...it was bad decision to lateral...but you don't undress the kid on national tv like that. These kids have some pride. Pruitt should be lambasted for getting vaporized by Missouri and Vandy.

I think our definitions of "undressed" are different.

If you have any experience in athletics, its not uncommon to get yelled at even when you do something good. Its a teachable moment that Pruit to on advantage of.

"These kids have some pride." Which kids are you talking about?

This mentality is the reason our team is soft. If you get butt hurt and transfer because the coach yells at you on the side lines during a game how in the hell are you going to respond when the opponent hits you in the mouth?

Football is NOT for the weak and soft, it’s for the tough and this kid is obviously weak and soft because he can’t handle a little Adversity!

I wish him the best of luck where ever he goes both he needs to get tougher.

Reactions: The Comb
Only thing that should be said, Good wishes to that young man and his family. Everyone hopes he is successful at his next school. Regardless, I hope he always considers himself as a VOLUNTEER FOR LIFE.

Exactly! Why do we have to make back handed comments about the guy and make assumptions as to why he might be transferring? Why can't we just thank him for his contributions while he was on the Hill and leave it at that? The rest is just noise anyway.

Exactly! Why do we have to make back handed comments about the guy and make assumptions as to why he might be transferring? Why can't we just thank him for his contributions while he was on the Hill and leave it at that? The rest is just noise anyway.

Probably because some fans get caught up in following everything to do with our team and make comments in heat of the moment (😔), are just that. I really don’t think most of them, mean to be taken literally. All that wear the Orange, are family.

Pruitt chewed his ass because he’s a knuckle head, and he argued back. He should have taken his ass chewing for his bone head play and moved on. He could have been in line for a lot of PT this coming season but his ego got in the way.
Ego??? Get the facts before you have diarrhea of the mouth

I couldn’t agree more. That definitely wasn’t the time to “teach him a lesson”, and unfortunately that will probably be his last memory of playing in Neyland. Never mind the Mizzou whipping, he had more than likely already checked out.

Reactions: swampfoxfan

If Pruitt is chewing ass on the knuckleheads, he should start with him.

I couldn’t agree more. That definitely wasn’t the time to “teach him a lesson”, and unfortunately that will probably be his last memory of playing in Neyland. Never mind the Mizzou whipping, he had more than likely already checked out.

What a bunch of snowflakes. All good coaches do the same thing, if they can't handle that then they will fold when the game is on the line.

Reactions: gunner
No, the days of embarrassing players, who BTW made two great plays, on national TV are over. I never recalled seeing Dickey, Battle, Majors or Fulmer show their ass as much as Pruitt has in one yr.

Every successful coach chews his players out. Jimbo, Saban hell even Dabo.

It's fundamentally wrong. This is a game of passion. Of course hes going to get screamed at. Act like you been there before even if you haven't.

We sit behind a anonymous keyboard and complain about the dumbest ****.

No, the days of embarrassing players, who BTW made two great plays, on national TV are over. I never recalled seeing Dickey, Battle, Majors or Fulmer show their ass as much as Pruitt has in one yr.
I was about 20ft away from Nick Saban when he absolutely crawled D.Hightower back in 07 or 08. They were up a bunch, he took a poor step and we got a first down. He did everything but call him a preacher. The good ones have a standard. We need to if we ever want to be good again.

Reactions: HalfullVol
I was about 20ft away from Nick Saban when he absolutely crawled D.Hightower back in 07 or 08. They were up a bunch, he took a poor step and we got a first down. He did everything but call him a preacher. The good ones have a standard. We need to if we ever want to be good again.

Saban won a NC at LSU in 2003. Saban was head coach in the NFL. Pruitt is no Nick Saban.

Every successful coach chews his players out. Jimbo, Saban hell even Dabo.

It's fundamentally wrong. This is a game of passion. Of course hes going to get screamed at. Act like you been there before even if you haven't.

We sit behind a anonymous keyboard and complain about the dumbest ****.

There was a time to teach the player why that was a bad play but immediately going off on him on Nat TV and continuing on about it in the post game interview was over the line in my book. As I said earlier that you probably missed, how can you expect Tenn players to know how to react in that situation? Hell, they’d never been in a SEC game a couple of TDS ahead late since 2016!

VN Store

Back