Marcus Freeman promoted to head coach at ND

Not even close to being an awful hire. Maybe you should stick to women's golf or water polo, you obviously have no clue about football.

No one knows whether it is a good hire or not. The odds are that it is not since many asst coaches are hired as HCs and only a very few turn out to be elite/NC caliber.

Reactions: Orange Raid
I feel bad for those players. Kelly didnt even believe in them enough to stick around to see if they'd get in the playoffs. They are still in the hunt. Kelly had rather take the money than possibly get a ring with his team.

I normally despise Notre Dame. But if they do happen to make the playoffs, I'm cheering for them hardcore. And I hope Kelly gets ZERO credit or ring. Jerkbag is everything wrong with sports today.

Silly rabbit Trix are for kids!! Notre Dame is not winning a national championship! They will get trounced like usual.

Last edited:
Let's play connect the dots. Yes UT played 3 of the top 6 scoring offenses in the country.. They also played 5 in the bottom 35. Statistics aren't based upon 3 games, they actually use every game.

Cincy went from 94th to 8th in total defense under him. Most people would find that impressive. Obviously you don't.

As for his recruiting that you have questioned, today it shows his 2022 LB recruits at 4, 5, 13, and 19. So 4 out of the top 19. Yes, he personally recruited them (he's a former linebacker). To put it into better perspective, Alabama, Georgia, and Ohio St each have two.

So his coaching and recruiting is a "reach" to you. I and most can see why ND hired him. (That doesn't mean he will be successful). Just connecting the dots looks like it may be a decent hire. Like Coach Heupel his players love him and probably got him the job. That also says something.

Lol

My goodness….as I have stated many times he may be a great hire……who knows.

however does 1 season of top level recruiting…….when you’ve been in the 100’s to 400’s in recruiting………and just 5 years of being a coordinator…..with only 1 at more of a “power” level……. “Normally” get one a top 5 to 10 HC job?…….seriously?

Also I’m not sure why you keep trying to bring Tennessee into this; however Tennessee played 3 to 4 (including Tech) teams in the bottom 35 of scoring…….ND played 4 teams in the bottom 37…….soooooo

Again I have no idea what your trying to “prove”………ND played 1 team which is currently ranked. The average O they faced was 65 nothing special at all. Their new coach improved Cincy’s D, and has had 1 season of good recruiting……….and his D this year is pretty good.

Dumb. You gotta know before you speak. He's the hot ticket and was being groomed for a HC position.

Hey douchbag, I don’t follow ND that close and maybe he was promised the job but he is not a hot ticket. A hot ticket coach is one who has proven record of winning not some coordinator that nobody outside of the ND fan base knows about smartass !

Why do fans always think that you have to make a wow hire to make a good hire? When Bob Stoops retired, OU just promoted Riley. That was a good hire. Meanwhile, Texas made the wow hire with Tom Herman. How’d that work out?

Sometimes, continuity is better than wow.

Did I say it was a bad hire ? No ! To be honest I don’t follow ND football closely. Marcus Freeman as I have read was promised the job. He maybe a great coach but he has no experience as a head coach anywhere. Just that ND outside of Faust usually hires someone that is known nationally and has experience. Maybe Freeman is a wow hire but we won’t know that for several years.

Honestly? Probably not. He did grow into it. I still think Dabo likely would’ve been fired in the SEC before he had great success.
He probably wasn’t ready. But that was more of a stretch hire than this one at ND. My point was that it is way to early to say whether or not this is a bad hire. I would have been pissed at Dabo hire at the time at Clemson. But I would have been wrong.

I apologize, I had no idea a teenager was hassling me. I wasn't even talking about any of you dicks, you're the punk started making it personal

And you're the one that tried to create drama and lie about a racial comment that never even happened. Thanks for playing.

Awful hire. ND decided to UT it and not spend the money. Love it
How So?

How much of the Staff at ND will he retain?

ND has made worse hires in the past.

LSU hiring Kelly is a worse hire as time will tell.

LSU thinks more of their program than it actually is and Kelly is not fit to be a SEC Coach.....

Too Much Drama.

And you're the one that tried to create drama and lie about a racial comment that never even happened. Thanks for playing.
Other posters quoted Kelly in this thread, talking about giving him a chance especially because of his race, he quoted the actual interview, go duck with someone else you liar

Other posters quoted Kelly in this thread, talking about giving him a chance especially because of his race, he quoted the actual interview, go duck with someone else you liar

Your very first comment was that "Kelly said he'd make great coach because he's black" which of course he never said. Then you doubled down on it, and I and other posters had to correct you. Sorry about that, I guess.

What I've noticed in all the coaching changes, including Kelly going to LSU, there's been a lot of decommits and transfers after a coach leaves.

I'm not sure that ND has lost anyone.

This likely says something about both Brian Kelly and Marcus Freeman.

VN Store

Back