Marcus Freeman promoted to head coach at ND

Kelly had said earlier he would be the next coach whenever he was done. Freeman will do a good job. Players like him, and they're keeping Rees.

I feel bad for those players. Kelly didnt even believe in them enough to stick around to see if they'd get in the playoffs. They are still in the hunt. Kelly had rather take the money than possibly get a ring with his team.

I normally despise Notre Dame. But if they do happen to make the playoffs, I'm cheering for them hardcore. And I hope Kelly gets ZERO credit or ring. Jerkbag is everything wrong with sports today.

Not exactly a wow hire. Going cheap like UT. Kelly must have cost them a ton of money to settle with the family of the kid that died at practice.
Not picking on you in particular, but it's funny how this likely will be dismissed as a "cheap" hire, but the high dollar contracts for big name coaches also get complained about.

Marcus Freeman will do well at ND......He already won a recruiting battle by keeping his OC......looks like a guy who knows to keep good people around and let them do what they do

Reactions: vegasvolfan
Talk about ****** timing: Poor ole Clark Lea’s alma mater Vandy came calling last year or he would’ve probably been promoted today at ND….
Oof...that's a great point. I hadn't thought about that.

Just goes to show how much of these coaching moves are purely about timing. Maybe ND thinks more highly of Freeman than Lea and would not have considered him, but you never know.

Coach O really wanted this guy last year for DC at LSU. Good choice by ND to promote him to head coach.

Just glad he didn't follow Kelly to LSU. Not only is he a good coach but he is one of the best recruiters in the country. Players love him.

Kids being recruited all over the country by Notre Dame after watching the names being tossed out there for other big time programs are going, "Who?" LOL

Awful hire. ND decided to UT it and not spend the money. Love it

Not even close to being an awful hire. Maybe you should stick to women's golf or water polo, you obviously have no clue about football.

VN Store

Back