Latest Coronavirus - Yikes

I actually agree with you on this. If your calculus two weeks ago came to the conclusion to open schools, then there’s no way that calculus plus a few cases equals close schools. You either screwed something up on the front end or you never really wanted to open schools.
Knox County starts Aug 24th. They’ll be 100% online by 10/1. That’s my call anyway. I hope not.

It would be great if we became a healthier people, but I don't see that happening.

We Americans are generally a fat, ignorant and entitled lot. China's gonna eat our lunch, only it'll be rice and fish.

My point is that unleashing the virus in an attempt to achieve herd immunity is simply a horrible, horrible idea.

Only 12 percent of American adults are metabolically healthy, study finds

Less Than 3 Percent of Americans Have a Healthy Lifestyle

Why Is the USA Only the 35th Healthiest Country in the World?
I completely disagree with your assessment and beside no one is forcing anyone to help achieve herd immunity.... if someone is worried about it then they are welcome to hide.... The biggest risk is age to this illness.... the second biggest risk is already having a compromised immune system.... Being unhealthy is on down the list.... if you are 450 pounds then you are at a much higher risk than someone that is 20 pounds over weight.

Yes. Yes he did. If 80% of people contract the virus, then hundreds of thousands (if not millions) will die. If you think 80% of our population is "healthy", you've had your eyes closed in public for the last 30 years. Ask yourself, what makes someone more at risk to suffer negative CV19 symptoms?

Per CDC:

"Having obesity, defined as a body mass index (BMI) of 30 or above, increases your risk of severe illness from COVID-19."

Thus, roughly 50% of the population is at risk from obesity, alone.

Add in all the other crap that people have... I think we have like 20%-25% "healthy" people here.
View attachment 300092

And this is why I have stated the US will have some of the worst death numbers. Few countries do a better job of sustaining unhealthy people into old age than America. Strike zone for covid, old and unhealthy.

And this is why I have stated the US will have some of the worst death numbers. Few countries do a better job of sustaining unhealthy people into old age than America. Strike zone for covid, old and unhealthy.
The POTUS said the average age of a chinavirus victim is 78.

1597502343395.png

Reactions: allvol123
Debt is debt. Whether it’s from an R or D. But no president since the 50s has actually lowered it. Goes up every fiscal year.
During the 2016 Presidential election campaign, Donald Trump promised to eliminate the nation's debt in 8 years. Instead, his budgets would add $8.3 trillion during that time. It would increase the U.S. debt to $28.5 trillion at the end of 8 years, according to the Trump Administration's own budget estimates. It's pretty clear that even lowering the percentage increase of the nation's debt during his presidency, was never an objective. So, why is Trump getting a pass on such an outrageous broken promise? Is it really just because nobody (even his own supporters) took him seriously in the first place? Would Trump supporters have given Obama such a pass? Trump avoids a lot of criticism because nobody takes him seriously. Trump has a very low bar when it comes to expectations, and his supporters don't care that he is a liar.

During the 2016 Presidential election campaign, Donald Trump promised to eliminate the nation's debt in 8 years. Instead, his budgets would add $8.3 trillion during that time. It would increase the U.S. debt to $28.5 trillion at the end of 8 years, according to the Trump Administration's own budget estimates. It's pretty clear that even lowering the percentage increase of the nation's debt during his presidency, was never an objective. So, why is Trump getting a pass on such an outrageous broken promise? Is it really just because nobody (even his own supporters) took him seriously in the first place? Would Trump supporters have given Obama such a pass? Trump avoids a lot of criticism because nobody takes him seriously. Trump has a very low bar when it comes to expectations, and his supporters don't care that he is a liar.
Yasss, "Trump avoids a lot of criticism". . . :cool:

Reactions: Rickyvol77
If a Democrat ever made such a stupid promise.... they would get killed for it. Nobody takes Trump seriously, so that stupid promise is never mentioned.
Like there's a need for another reason for criticism.

He's criticized when he does anything, right or wrong.

Your whining never gets old.

OBTW, isn't it Congress that has the "power of the purse?" Isn't it the House that proposes spending and taxes? All the President can really do is veto.

Let's not forget the additional debt that has been created due to the COViD pandemic, and who wants to spend an addition $3 Trillion.

Besides all that, it still was a empty promise. But you are blind to putting real criticism where the fault lies, the Democrat controlled House of Representatives.

I hate to break it to you but EVERY president makes promises they know they cannot keep. It’s one of the big things that gets them elected. Most adults with a functional brain knows this. But you and others hatred for the man runs so deep that it has eroded what rational thought you had away. Trump doesn’t get a pass. Also, correct me if I am wrong but has he been in office 8 years?

Reactions: hUTch2002
If a Democrat ever made such a stupid promise.... they would get killed for it. Nobody takes Trump seriously, so that stupid promise is never mentioned.

Trump gets bashed for everything he does. Good or bad. He has done plenty of both. Yet when he does do something good, people like you give little credit and always find a way to spin it to Trump sucks.

The former Muslim in charge got nothing even close to this amount of vitriol. Obama did some great things for this country. He did some really bad as well.

Last edited:
Reactions: Rickyvol77
Trump has a very low bar when it comes to expectations, and his supporters don't care that he is a liar.
Nobody seems to care when their politician of choice lies. Trump raised the debt. His supporters don't mind and his detractors moan. If Biden wins it will be the opposite. Biden supporters will look the other way at the debt, and Trump voters will complain. It was the same during the Obama administration. It will be the same in 2020 regardless of who wins. I expect you'll be making excuses for Biden when he runs deficits should he win this November.

As I said, no president has reduced the debt since the mid 50s. Trump was a failure at fiscal responsibility like Obama and Bush before him. I fully expect the next president to be as well.

Reactions: tntar heel
Nobody seems to care when their politician of choice lies. Trump raised the debt. His supporters don't mind and his detractors moan. If Biden wins it will be the opposite. Biden supporters will look the other way at the debt, and Trump voters will complain. It was the same during the Obama administration. It will be the same in 2020 regardless of who wins. I expect you'll be making excuses for Biden when he runs deficits should he win this November.

As I said, no president has reduced the debt since the mid 50s. Trump was a failure at fiscal responsibility like Obama and Bush before him. I fully expect the next president to be as well.
However, Trump is the only one of those three who promised to completely eliminate the debt in 8 years.

Trump gets bashed for everyone does. Good or bad. He has done plenty of both. Yet when he does do something good, people like you give little credit and always find a way to spin it to Trump sucks.

The former Muslim in charge got nothing even close to this amount of vitriol. Obama did some great things for this country. He did some really bad as well.
^^^^^^^^^^ Why ^^^^^^^^^^^^^?

Coronavirus (COVID-19) Update: FDA Issues Emergency Use Authorization to Yale School of Public Health for SalivaDirect, Which Uses a New Method of Saliva Sample Processing

SalivaDirect does not require any special type of swab or collection device; a saliva sample can be collected in any sterile container. This test is also unique because it does not require a separate nucleic acid extraction step. This is significant because the extraction kits used for this step in other tests have been prone to shortages in the past. Being able to perform a test without these kits enhances the capacity for increased testing, while reducing the strain on available resources. Additionally, the SalivaDirect methodology has been validated and authorized for use with different combinations of commonly used reagents and instruments, meaning the test could be used broadly in most high-complexity labs.

Reactions: Volsfaninva917
If you actually hope that hundreds of thousands - if not millions - of Americans die due to contracting CV19, I suggest you seek mental counseling.

Do you seriously not know how the human immune system works ? Holy sh!t , you people act like this is some other worldly alien virus that kills what it comes in contact with .

VN Store

Back