Larry Porter- Running Backs Coach Candidate

I'm not looking for a fight. I just responded to your statement comparing zook to porter. If porter can recruit as good as zook, That makes me want to hire him more not less.
he would be an upgrade as far as recruiting fo sho.

On a lighter note... a little birdie told me that Fulmer is burning up the phones in Kansas and Arizona State.

I'm not looking for a fight. I just responded to your statement comparing zook to porter. If porter can recruit as good as zook, That makes me want to hire him more not less.

Porter would instantly help us recruit the top flight RB that we desperatly need. He also could be really good for the development of Marlin Lane. I think if he gets some good coaching he could be a big time back.

Porter would instantly help us recruit the top flight RB that we desperatly need. He also could be really good for the development of Marlin Lane. I think if he gets some good coaching he could be a big time back.

+1 lane has the elusiveness to be a great back

We need to hire Larry Porter as an asst. or something. Larry Porter is a great recruiter and know what it takes to win in THE SEC. He wasn't successful in Memphis because Memphis football is a joke and they put no money behind the football program. I hate that he took that job as a head coach and add a scar to his track record. He would be a great fit in UT as far as recruiting and experience winning. I don't believe he is ready to be a head coach or anything, but he will be a great hire !!!

Last edited:
If he couldn't do enough to keep hos job in Memphis why would we want him here.

You can have Mike Tomlin, Bill Belichick, and Urban Meyer on the same coaching staff and Memphis won't win. Memphis football will forever have zero success until the school invest into the football program. Larry Porter should have never taken that God forsaken job !!!

Reactions: 1 person
You can have Mike Tomlin, Bill Belichick, and Urban Meyer on the same coaching staff and Memphis won't win. Memphis football will forever have zero success until the school invest into the football program. Larry Porter should have never taken that God forsaken job !!!

this

On a side note, Spoiler alert- Jeff Fisher spotted today in Nashville with a UT shirt on. TIFWIW. In my humble opinion, he will be the next head football coach at the University of Tennessee.:lolabove::loco:

Let all post suggestions on Volnation and I bet we get what we ask for...
1) Keep the coach
2) Fire the Coach
3) Hire this HC
4) Hire that assist coach

Post it often enough it will happen.......... hey go light a candle, that will help to

VN Store

Back