Lady Vols Softball

Why would she is even tweet that? If I get the possibility to make more money with no state income tax and my wife gets to coach on the field again why wouldn't I take it

Only thing I could assume was maybe how it was handled on the communication side. If everyone was aware in the beginning then those are smooth transitions vs. backdoor talks

Heavy recruiting season right now with Sparkler/IDT Boulder this week and PGF Nationals in a few weeks

Only thing I could assume was maybe how it was handled on the communication side. If everyone was aware in the beginning then those are smooth transitions vs. backdoor talks

Heavy recruiting season right now with Sparkler/IDT Boulder this week and PGF Nationals in a few weeks

Even more interesting given that by all indications Karen and Larissa were pretty good friends.

Reactions: Majors
Why would she is even tweet that? If I get the possibility to make more money with no state income tax and my wife gets to coach on the field again why wouldn't I take it

And it wasn’t like it came as a surprise to her, the move had been in the works for more than three weeks. She knew they were talking. There was an opportunity to counter the salary package.

All is fair in love and war.

Haha yeah.

Funny thing about loyalty. I heard from two different folks at different organizations that Larissa was trying to get in on the Georgia job. Maybe it’s just a rumor that was started outside of her camp—maybe not. I didn’t post it before the job was filled as I wasn’t confident some games weren’t being played. But it was floating out there.

Haha yeah.

Funny thing about loyalty. I heard from two different folks at different organizations that Larissa was trying to get in on the Georgia job. Maybe it’s just a rumor that was started outside of her camp—maybe not. I didn’t post it before the job was filled as I wasn’t confident some games weren’t being played. But it was floating out there.
She has a good gig at Missouri. Unless UGA comes calling, not sure I float my name out there to see if they bite.

Just asking, is it possible she had some motion issue that's correctable? Didn't she have skills to make her a D1 prospect?

Arkansas plays a cup cake out of conference schedule.....this coming season their SEC schedule will be a lot harder than what they played this past season. I knew they were looking for pitching but to each their own

They actually got a share of the SEC title in part because they got somewhat lucky in conference scheduling. They didn't play us, Florida or Kentucky -- that's three of the top six teams in the SEC this year, including the other team that shared the SEC regular season title (Florida). To be fair, we didn't play Florida or Arkansas, and likely would've finished lower in the standings than we did if we had played them, but we also were nowhere near winning the conference. Reminds me of 2013 when Mizzou finished one game ahead of us in the conference and won it while playing a weak conference schedule while we played a murderous one.

They actually got a share of the SEC title in part because they got somewhat lucky in conference scheduling. They didn't play us, Florida or Kentucky -- that's three of the top six teams in the SEC this year, including the other team that shared the SEC regular season title (Florida). To be fair, we didn't play Florida or Arkansas, and likely would've finished lower in the standings than we did if we had played them, but we also were nowhere near winning the conference. Reminds me of 2013 when Mizzou finished one game ahead of us in the conference and won it while playing a weak conference schedule while we played a murderous one.

I'm not sure what the answer is since they like to keep student athlete travel to the weekends but the unbalanced schedule in the SEC has cheapened the regular season title for going on a decade now. The champion is often the beneficiary of a scheduling break. Absolutely happened with Arkansas this year. They were the third best team at best and I'm not sure they were that much better than the other teams in the middle of the pack.

I'm not sure what the answer is since they like to keep student athlete travel to the weekends but the unbalanced schedule in the SEC has cheapened the regular season title for going on a decade now. The champion is often the beneficiary of a scheduling break. Absolutely happened with Arkansas this year. They were the third best team at best and I'm not sure they were that much better than the other teams in the middle of the pack.

Maybe. You should have seen the state of the program before Courtney Deifel showed up. What she has done for hog softball is a carbon copy of what Vitello has done for Vol baseball.

Maybe. You should have seen the state of the program before Courtney Deifel showed up. What she has done for hog softball is a carbon copy of what Vitello has done for Vol baseball.

Although she did have the benefit of one of the nicest stadiums in the country already in place when she took over.

She is a really good coach, don’t wanna take anything away from her there. Their inability to take big trips in the nonconference, and inconsistent pitching has kept them from being bigger than they can be. JMO. I wonder if she will take a more prestigious job when one comes open.

Arkansas plays a cup cake out of conference schedule.....this coming season their SEC schedule will be a lot harder than what they played this past season. I knew they were looking for pitching but to each their own

Sure they do. And Georgia as well. 😆 I’m certain many schools had terrible OOC schedules this past year. But.....they sure made more noise in the tournament than we did.

Reactions: WizardofOz

VN Store

Back