Lady Vols Softball

Couldn’t get your meaning til I saw that tweet. Kudos or as Phil would say Kudoos.

Only detail I could think of under the circumstance. But overall good hire(s) all around and will be good on and off the field. Megan is mending the recruiting issues regionally/locally. The new duo will offer firepower offensively and another female voice.

Only detail I could think of under the circumstance. But overall good hire(s) all around and will be good on and off the field. Megan is mending the recruiting issues regionally/locally. The new duo will offer firepower offensively and another female voice.

The recruiting issues aren’t going to be mended by Megan as long as the problem is still there.

Reactions: WizardofOz
I thought that earlier someone implied that Allie's departure also meant Ashley was entering the portal as well.

The rumor was they were both leaving, so take that for what it's worth. I heard that a few weeks ago and thought it sounded far-fetched for both, but now Ally is gone. Ashley seems to have a much better relationship with the coaches than, for instance, Caylan Arnold did, but then again so did Ally.

I also wonder if Ralph retiring factors in to any of these departures. But it seems like all the transfers except Ally are bench players who play very little, so far, with the possible exception of Turner.

Your source?
The rumor was they were both leaving, so take that for what it's worth. I heard that a few weeks ago and thought it sounded far-fetched for both, but now Ally is gone. Ashley seems to have a much better relationship with the coaches than, for instance, Caylan Arnold did, but then again so did Ally.

I also wonder if Ralph retiring factors in to any of these departures. But it seems like all the transfers except Ally are bench players who play very little, so far, with the possible exception of Turner.

With Ralph, I’ll say not likely. It was known for a few months Ralph was retiring after this year. With Ally it all came back to her boyfriend moving away and not a lot of bonding with teammates.

The recruiting issues aren’t going to be mended by Megan as long as the problem is still there.

Yes and no. Megan is mending the pipelines locally that were neglected. Karen is still deemed as the key recruiter and once she is on board then it’s resolved. Megan is just bringing the missed relationships/players in the past to the conversation. Too many kids that Megan knows about leaving the state to play against TN and Megan knows the area has pitchers too.

Yes and no. Megan is mending the pipelines locally that were neglected. Karen is still deemed as the key recruiter and once she is on board then it’s resolved. Megan is just bringing the missed relationships/players in the past to the conversation. Too many kids that Megan knows about leaving the state to play against TN and Megan knows the area has pitchers too.

They weren’t neglected. Ralph and Karen weren’t interested. There is a difference.

They weren’t neglected. Ralph and Karen weren’t interested. There is a difference.

We can disagree on this one. I’ll take the word of the coach I trust in his words that is what Megan is doing. You see it in the ‘22 class already and will be more moving forward.

Last edited:
Reactions: Nickid1975
Is there a thread of who has entered the portal? If not could someone make a list please. I keep reading about possible pitchers and other players leaving but no names so I'm kinda lost. Thanks

Reactions: volfan__18
Is there a thread of who has entered the portal? If not could someone make a list please. I keep reading about possible pitchers and other players leaving but no names so I'm kinda lost. Thanks
Pitchers so far
Hazelwood
Turner

VN Store

Back