Lady Vols Softball

Aren't we down to 16 active players plus the incoming class. We certainly need to find a pitcher in the portal this off season.

Maybe. You should have seen the state of the program before Courtney Deifel showed up. What she has done for hog softball is a carbon copy of what Vitello has done for Vol baseball.

She has definitely turned the program around. Nobody is disputing that. But were they "SEC co-champs/top 8 seed" good this season? Nope. There should be zero doubt that they greatly benefited from a weaker conference schedule. That resulted in them being overseeded in the NCAAT and getting smacked around by Arizona at home. It also didn't help that Arizona themselves were underseeded.

Honestly overall the SEC in general was overrated this season. I thought that during the regular season and the postseason proved it.

Switch us and UGA regional tourney's and see how far they get

Georgia still gave Florida a grade-A a&& whooping in the Supers. Time to stop blaming scheduling for the program's consistent underperformance. Even if, given JMU's run through Mizzou and in OKC, we don't make it out of the regional, there was no reason to not have at least made it past Liberty to the regional final. It also didn't help that we were hilariously overseeded, which made us losing the regional worse than it probably would've looked otherwise.

Georgia still gave Florida a grade-A a&& whooping in the Supers. Time to stop blaming scheduling for the program's consistent underperformance. Even if, given JMU's run through Mizzou and in OKC, we don't make it out of the regional, there was no reason to not have at least made it past Liberty to the regional final. It also didn't help that we were hilariously overseeded, which made us losing the regional worse than it probably would've looked otherwise.

I'm amazed that somehow the girls got a nine seed....I was thinking 12-14 range...I mean the regional was seeded like it was 12-14 range

KB Sides chose Arkansas over UT and other’s!

Not surprised she’s going there, but I am surprised that she committed before taking her last two or three visits. From what I’ve been told, Arkansas has a lot of scholarship money available, they may have been able to give her more than the others she was considering.

Not surprised she’s going there, but I am surprised that she committed before taking her last two or three visits. From what I’ve been told, Arkansas has a lot of scholarship money available, they may have been able to give her more than the others she was considering.
Which needs to be addressed for baseball and softball. Scholarships should of been priority over NIL long before.

Which needs to be addressed for baseball and softball. Scholarships should of been priority over NIL long before.

Hopefully the 3rd paid assistant is happening with a vote later this year I believe. I believe it failed last time because of 1 power 5 conference and the lower tier D1 conferences voted against it

We had a tough schedule, didn’t matter the way we were playing which one we had.

True much rather have had Duke than JMU though hahaha ....The offense was rolling then injuries hit and the ones that were going so well never got back into a groove once they came back

Knew that was coming. It was never about the boyfriend. It is about the coaching. It’s unfortunate but West will take the spot just fine.
theoretically it was the boyfriend. Many assumed it was to be closer, but not the case based on him being in CO. Once he left she had very little here in regards to friends. She wasn’t close to her teammates and the image fans had here was not who she was. She wasn’t her sister in regards to work ethic and that was evident in her leadership. So yes, when Shrout left she had no reason to be here.

Reactions: anecwnrjcns12
theoretically it was the boyfriend. Many assumed it was to be closer, but not the case based on him being in CO. Once he left she had very little here in regards to friends. She wasn’t close to her teammates and the image fans had here was not who she was. She wasn’t her sister in regards to work ethic and that was evident in her leadership. So yes, when Shrout left she had no reason to be here.
I meant it wasn’t about going to be near the boyfriend and I agree, she definitely wasn’t her sister. She is a true #VFL

VN Store

Back