Lady Vols Softball

Ally will have competition, Aubrey Barnhart from Nashville area will be there in a few weeks. Consistently ranked in the Top 5 for the last few years. Hits for power and plays C as good as any. Tennessee went all in but ended up committing to Aub in 8th grade, coaching change opened up and TN didn’t make the cut. Visited TX AM and chose Bama.

I'm glad that rule changed on middle school kids committing! Ally committed in 8th grade transferred...KK committed in 8th grade transferred and im sure plenty of others around the country have transferred when they committed so early and never took all the visits to see if its really what they wanted

UT will lose out on transfers. Too Rigid in their beliefs and will cause a falling program to accelerate downward

Reactions: lvfan
Ally will have competition, Aubrey Barnhart from Nashville area will be there in a few weeks. Consistently ranked in the Top 5 for the last few years. Hits for power and plays C as good as any. Tennessee went all in but ended up committing to Aub in 8th grade, coaching change opened up and TN didn’t make the cut. Visited TX AM and chose Bama.

Don't they also have a kid that left high school early to enroll there and was a catcher?

I'm glad that rule changed on middle school kids committing! Ally committed in 8th grade transferred...KK committed in 8th grade transferred and im sure plenty of others around the country have transferred when they committed so early and never took all the visits to see if its really what they wanted

Sprang committed super early, too. As a freshman, I think.

Reactions: Vols4life
Lmfao at everyone that was like ShE iZ lEaViNg To Be WiTh HeR bF. 😂😂😂 Where was she going to go Colorado State? 🥴
Most knew she wasn’t headed to CO to play. Back home to CA was my assumption. Like it was said earlier, once Shrout left it was a matter of time as she secluded herself to the relationship over friends, softball and social life.

Read on another forum that we landed a transfer pitcher from Texas tech Erin Edmundson?

Got word this is happening. Good pickup with her experience and being a different look than Rogers. Same person who confirmed it also was with Karen last week and it was the feeling that no hard feelings with any of the players leaving, because that was a concern with this particular coach.

So will the incoming class of freshman bring anything notable to the table?
Speed with Lair and power/inf depth with Keene and Gibson. Lair will be interesting to watch, game changer but comes in with a reputation that will need to be addressed. Again, you want her on your team. Olivia Underwood, back up type, mid-week game to get reps. Simpson will be a project, mid-week with Underwood in non-conference games, right now I would say she is the number 4-5 in rotation. If she moves to #3 then good for her but one she passed is probably out the door knowing Pickens is coming in too.

Reactions: anecwnrjcns12
At this point Karen is Paul Mainieri without the national title. How long will it take UT to figure out she’s past her prime? Ally’s transfer obviously has nothing to do with JT as we were initially told.

Reactions: lvfan
At this point Karen is Paul Mainieri without the national title. How long will it take UT to figure out she’s past her prime? Ally’s transfer obviously has nothing to do with JT as we were initially told.

Not sure we were told the same. JT transferring was the start, she didn't have the friendships on the team to sustain staying here with the void of him leaving. Many assumed it was to be closer, not the case here.

Reactions: Nickid1975
So she’s basically saying the culture in the UT program sucks. Well that’s just great. Good thing we just extended Karen…
Depends on how you read into it. It was definitely not a glowing article but does more harm than good if you're looking to recruit against TN right now. But seemed to me her personal life wasn't in line and that translated over to the field. It has been documented that the culture is not a healthy one for one reason or another to a few players who have left in recent years.

Reactions: WizardofOz
Notice she never mentioned Karen. She made it a point to say that the new hitting coach coming in was not a factor, and the retirement of Ralph was not a factor. But she did not mention the head coach as a non-factor.
Many here knew Ralph was retiring months ago, she knew too one of the worst kept secrets. Maybe there is something there, maybe not but I don't believe the staff is too concerned with her leaving from what I understand.

Notice she never mentioned Karen. She made it a point to say that the new hitting coach coming in was not a factor, and the retirement of Ralph was not a factor. But she did not mention the head coach as a non-factor.
I think the Lady Vols can get by OK without her. And like an earlier poster stated, the Lady Vols will try their best to steal her socks off when we play against her in 2023.

Ready to move on.

Shipman does not want to be at Tennessee, so we can forget about her and support the ones who do want to be here.

She did some good things while she was here, but didn't have the feeling she was "all in". I think the constant comparison with Madison was too much for her also. She could not measure up to Madison.

We will go forward without her, and her replacement will be even better.

Go Lady Vols!

You know other coaches will use this 'bad culture' thing for all its worth. Karen and staff will need to do some damage control whether its warranted or not. Doesn't take much for rival coaches to turn anything they can against you with recruits.

“I wanted to be in a place that cultivated me as a person and that I felt truly cared for me as a person over a player. I wanted to be at a school where it felt like a family.”

Not quite Murphy’s Romance 2, but he might have some coddling to do…

I think the Lady Vols can get by OK without her. And like an earlier poster stated, the Lady Vols will try their best to steal her socks off when we play against her in 2023.
You have to get on base before you can steal, and that’s easier said than done against Fouts

Reactions: Golf freak
Not sure we were told the same. JT transferring was the start, she didn't have the friendships on the team to sustain staying here with the void of him leaving. Many assumed it was to be closer, not the case here.

I can't see how the boyfriend angle works when she wound up in ... Alabama. She didn't have the friendships to sustain her staying here so she goes to a team where she knows nobody? That doesn't make a lot of sense. If you mean that JT leaving meant she didn't have to put up with whatever she didn't like about UT anymore, I guess you would be correct, but who's to say she wouldn't have wound up leaving anyway? After all, he left first. It's not like Ally being a UT was enough for him to stay.

Maybe a combination of her ACL injury with COVID and JT leaving just soured her on being her in general. And playing in Madi's shadow can't be an easy thing, no matter how much she downplays it. Ally, for various reasons, didn't do a whole heckuva lot here. She was injured after starting off well her first season, started out very well in 2020 and then COVID, and then struggled the majority of this season. But I don't see how you can look at her comments about 'mental health' and not assume she's leaving because of the atmosphere she experienced her, whether it was the coaches, her teammates, or not wanting to be near her family.

VN Store

Back