Lady Vols Softball

Watching behind home during the regional Karen was having to manage Ralph as much as the team.
Again that’s why I keep stressing the reason she may walk away if the team struggles. The situation is more than just the W-L.

I hope Simpson is more than I've seen on video (limited) because we need her to be really good. Live in your hopes not your fears.
She is who she is on video. Talked with a West Coast coach who’s had players come to TN and thought this one was a reach. Wish her the best and hope Megan can tap into something quickly.

Reactions: kregman
I don’t see how this isn’t a sign that Ralph is gone.
If this happens looks like a really good hire. Missouri can hit and hit the long ball. It’s Ralph or Megan so Ralph must be retiring. I was afraid Karen might fall back into the slapping but this hire is the opposite. Great start if true.

It appears we have hired a really good hitting coach. Now lets go get some quality pitching in the transfer portal and we may be cooking again.

Tennessee is trying went after Hope Trautwein but she chose OU over Tennessee, Texas, and Arkansas....Tennessee is looking at other pitchers from the portal and elsewhere

Kalie and my daughter played HS ball for 3 year on Blackman. I had many conversations with her mom during her recruiting process. My kid was getting recruited too and we would tell each other stories. Caitlyn McCrary was also in our district (same year as my daughter) and had verballed to UT during her 8th grade year, which was Kalie's 7th grade year. Kalie camped at UT I believe during her 6th or 7th grade year. Even during this time, she was as good or better than McCrary - she was a bigger and better athlete even back then. I know that UT never made an offer to her, because Kalie stopped contacting them after the camp. She continued to camp at Bama and FSU through her junior year when FSU made the offer to her. It is a full scholarship. My kid played for Frost Falcons for many years, and we played at all of the same tourney's that both did. McCrary with the Bolts and later with the Sparks. It was obvious watching her in TB that she could not hit the faster pitchers. She's a sweet kid, but she punched above her weight class as a hitter for a long time. She rarely had a good night against our HS pitcher, and we faced Siegel 3-4 times per year. Kalie was the opposite, she was a monster against power pitchers but sometimes struggled against off-speed stuff.

Almost identical with Cheyenne Lindsey, except she verballed to Walton early in her 9th grade year. UT never reached out to her and she moved quickly to go with Florida. She tore her ACL on the next to last game during her last summer of TB, it was very heartbreaking. She went to FL and rehabbed and got in as a freshman. Just watching these 2 kids when they were obviously the "tip of the sword" athletes even as young kids, why on earth UT did not go full court press and make them top priority in their respective classes is mind boggling.

Also, any casual observer at TB tourney's could tell that Anna Hazelwood was a decent pitcher but not even close to the same level as Rogers or Arnold. My kid hit a dinger off her at Summit that went way over the #7 field with Marty watching. I think we beat them 12-2 that night.

Just my opinion, but these head scratching offers that they make (or don't make) is why there is a lot of hard core lady vol fans who wish for a change at the top. And yes, this includes me. They never offered my kid, and she would have gone in a heart beat - she just loves the Vols.
Someone brought this post to my attention, and I felt that it needed a response. No one loved Tennessee softball more than Caitlyn, and she definitely did her part working hard to reach her dream of playing for the Lady Vols. Caitlyn (KK) is a great athlete, teammate and person. I realize that everyone is entitled to their opinion, but this characterization of Caitlyn is not supported by her accomplishments in travel ball or high school, therefore I had to speak up for her. We had to provide Gatorade Player of the Year committee with some information during her senior year, and I am posting that information for anyone that is curious about Caitlyn's actual abilities and performance. Leading up to her high school years, KK attended camps at UT. As a 12 year old, she was hitting homeruns over the scoreboard during scrimmages and had an elite arm. Maybe that had something to do with early interest in her. Caitlyn's in state travel ball teammates included Jenna (Alabama), Alia and Kayah (Clemson), Josie (TN) among others. Her out of state teammates included Shelby Lowe, Carlee, Maddie (Auburn) and Brylie, Anna Kate, Maddie, Aspen, Aquana,(Miss State) Anna (TN) among others. All of these athletes are exceptional and excelling at their Universities. We are so proud of all of them, and we love Ocho and her family, too.
Caitlyn was the #3/4 hitter in theses lineups and played 3rd base. She is also a PGF All American 3rd baseman and All State and All Decade Team Member. (On a side note, Cheyenne went on an official visit with KK. She just chose Florida. I do not believe Ocho was very interested in UT). Although KK is moving on from UT softball, she will always love her team and Vol Nation. For those who have asked, her elbow is good:) It sure put a kink in things this year, though. God will guide her to where she is meant to be.

Attachments

• kk accomplishments as of 08022019[18856].pdf
    129.8 KB · Views: 19
  • all american.jpeg
    all american.jpeg
    112.9 KB · Views: 12
  • Caitlyn McCrary-GPY letter from Peay.pdf
    113.9 KB · Views: 4
  • McCrary Gatorade angela sullivan[18859].pdf
    71.7 KB · Views: 5
I saw something today that really broke my heart. I had no idea, although I’m sure that was by design. Just goes to show that issues, no matter what they are, can plague anyone, even a Division I athlete. I’m glad she’s doing better and raising awareness for others. Hope she stays on the up and up. I really loved watching her compete. Knowing she went through this and kept competing is really something. Hats off to her.
A lot of the girls at UT have been put on diets and told they are over weight I heard that from one of the girls that transferred. That was the main reason she left is because she was pushed to be and look like someone she wasn’t

Reactions: Volfan1000
If Ally is leaving (which could be boyfriend related) we are almost in full rebuild mode. We need to quit worrying what a player looks like and worry about performance. There were a number of thin players this year beyond looking athletic.

A lot of the girls at UT have been put on diets and told they are over weight I heard that from one of the girls that transferred. That was the main reason she left is because she was pushed to be and look like someone she wasn’t

I dare anyone to suggest that Bailey Hempfield from Alabama to go on a diet. I watched the WCWS and noted that without fail, all the successful players, especially Okla., had developed glutes and thigh muscles. I understand that power hitting comes from the legs. I also noticed that the third time through the order can be hazardous to the pitcher's success. Just observations...

VN Store

Back