Lady Vols Softball

Anybody else think they juiced the radar somewhat, maybe for TV? I hate to think that, but every other tv broadcast/WCWS, I swear the average speed has been high 60s, not consistently 70+. I remember a few years ago, Paige Lowary came out of the bullpen in the title game and hit 74 her first pitch. It was a huge to-do... Now most of these pitchers are throwing 70 consistently? Fouts threw 74 consistently? Has the game really evolved that much? 🤯
If that is the case, we need to re-think Rogers, here in Knoxville Alexander against us was still 69-70MPH. Rogers was consistently 62-64 range.

Interesting three of our 2021 recruits are in this click on the image. Nicole Simpson is in there so may be a chance to watch her pitch against pretty good competition ">

Two things that stick out. No Tennessee state kids on the list, and our 3 players are from the West Coast. Around 10 girls on the watch list from Tennessee and not one was selected.

Last edited:
Two things that stick out. No Tennessee state kids on the list, and our 3 players are from the West Coast. Around 10 girls on the watch list from Tennessee and not one was selected.
Do you think that is a West Coast bias still in play in the selection?

Absolutely, the CA kids have the advantage of playing in-state but those numbers are majority - 15 of the 20 girls from one state.

Speaking just of current SEC rosters I think half the kids are from California. Which is actually less a % than 10 years ago.

Speaking just of current SEC rosters I think half the kids are from California. Which is actually less a % than 10 years ago.

When Alabama was in the WCWS years ago (can't remember exactly) head coach Patrick Murphy in an interview said that he recruited GRITS. And someone asked what grits meant.

Girls
Raised
In
The
South

They won in 2012 with no Cali girls and only one west coast girl.

Reactions: RebKell
This homeplate ump has the smallest strikezone I've ever seen.

Honestly the homeplate umps in OKC this year have been bad a lot more than they've been good.

Reactions: RebKell
Nothing could be finer
than to see a Sooner cryin'
in her mour-r-r-ning.

oh well, maybe tomorrow :(

It's such an advantage for O.U. playing in OKC.

That's true but I think it devalues a bit how special a coach Patty Gasso is. There are other coaches in other programs, eh em, that if they were at Oklahoma wouldn't cash in on the home field advantage like she has.

If you ever get a chance to see her at a coaches clinic/workshop do it. She's fantastic.

That's true but I think it devalues a bit how special a coach Patty Gasso is. There are other coaches in other programs, eh em, that if they were at Oklahoma wouldn't cash in on the home field advantage like she has.

If you ever get a chance to see her at a coaches clinic/workshop do it. She's fantastic.
Nothing against Gasso She is a fine coach...

Nothing against Gasso She is a fine coach...

None taken. It gave me a chance to sound off on all the complaining out of SEC media markets/fans.--specifically Alabama--about the home field advantage in OKC for OU. lol (What you dont get the Birmingham treatment in other venues around the country--I'm shocked).

I think in 20 years we'll look back and see her successor not have near the success she did and realize it was more about her and the players she brought in (holy recruiting classes--shes been on fire) than the venue.

VN Store

Back