Lady Vols Softball

Sprang is the softball version of Te'a Cooper except Te'a is actually good.

She would be fine if she would stop listening to everyone else and realize where she fits. Her time is slipping away, D1, D2, D.3, who cares... go somewhere where she can play and have fun :)

Reactions: volman128
Do you think Karen will be the coach next year
Through the end of the contract of 2022. Next year is a big year for her to win but also Ralph’s health is always a another way to step away. Some have said a contract has been agreed upon, but contracts are only as good as the buyout

Reactions: Deebowbear
I imagine those discussions will be put on hold until after the Vitello situation gets solidified. I imagine KW is watching that closely.

I don’t keep up with any other Vol sport besides softball. (Don’t come for me! 😩) That said, I know Vitello is the head baseball coach… What’s the “situation?”

I don’t keep up with any other Vol sport besides softball. (Don’t come for me! 😩) That said, I know Vitello is the head baseball coach… What’s the “situation?”
What is sad is that in this football nuclear winter any UT program that is a big winner the whole fan base is jumping on (rightfully so - see baseball) and softball has missed this window so far. Untold goodwill has been lost outside the softball core group.

Reactions: VOL_Lyfe
Will we be better off if she is? Not be condescending… I just want to see UT softball get back to winning or at least in shape to contend. Is Ralph the issue? Or will we still have an uphill battle after he’s gone?
Idk if Karen can get it done, but if she does she better get some real good assistant. I think maybe it’s to late for now I guess we see. Need to hire the coach from JMU to be assistant coach till next year and then take over for Karen

Will we be better off if she is? Not be condescending… I just want to see UT softball get back to winning or at least in shape to contend. Is Ralph the issue? Or will we still have an uphill battle after he’s gone?
Speaking to former players , yes , they seem to believe Karen will make this team much better and would hire a strong female staff . They have said when she ran practices , you felt like we were going straight to OKC to win it all. Now y’all can take that for what it’s worth and I’m not saying it’s gospel, but this is just coming from a few players I’ve gotten to know , and I thought It was worth sharing .

Speaking to former players , yes , they seem to believe Karen will make this team much better and would hire a strong female staff . They have said when she ran practices , you felt like we were going straight to OKC to win it all. Now y’all can take that for what it’s worth and I’m not saying it’s gospel, but this is just coming from a few players I’ve gotten to know , and I thought It was worth sharing .

I can’t imagine Karen isn’t the one that’s been running practices for at least the last couple of years.

Reactions: Majors
I’ll add Ralph comes in and disrupts the juju and he’s in the players heads . Yes, Karen has been mainly in charge but don’t think Ralph has been sitting doing nothing . It will be best when he’s completely gone from the program.

I’ll add Ralph comes in and disrupts the juju and he’s in the players heads . Yes, Karen has been mainly in charge but don’t think Ralph has been sitting doing nothing . It will be best when he’s completely gone from the program.
Watching behind home during the regional Karen was having to manage Ralph as much as the team.

Reactions: VOL_Lyfe

VN Store

Back