Lady Vols Softball

Right no I'm just thinking if I were her/them I would try tie to finalizing whatever is left to do with the Ralph issue (assuming the plan it not 100% finalized)/her pay/facility upgrade in a packaged discussion that piggy backs off what happens with Vitello. Doesn't mean Danny White will entertain it that way but if I were her thats the way I would try and frame it.

Kendall Rogers has speculated if we keep Vitello it could be $1M+ with major facility upgrades so there is no way Karen is going to sit there and say well thats great for him without also thinking about upping the ante for herself. Not to mention based on the program trend its the only angle she has leverage something favorable for herself.

You can find their contracts posted here - Executive and Coaching Contracts - The University of Tennessee System

Both Weekly's have the same contract which runs through next season, so I doubt seriously Ralph will "retire" on his own. There will probably be a buy-out or like you said, giving Karen upgrades and a pay raise for herself, which just keeps the mediocracy going IMO. They also did earn the 24% bonus for hosting a Super this year as well as the past years.

weekly 1.jpgweekly 2.jpg

Reactions: WVU05UT09
:)

Majors - hope your TB season goes good for you also. I'm glad we don't have to travel around as much any more, but was some of the best memories of softball life.
It's been a fun ride (expensive but fun). The game has taken her all over the country, rewarded her with a Top 5 position ranking, PGF Top 10 finish, HS state championship and lifelong memories/friends.

You can find their contracts posted here - Executive and Coaching Contracts - The University of Tennessee System

Both Weekly's have the same contract which runs through next season, so I doubt seriously Ralph will "retire" on his own. There will probably be a buy-out or like you said, giving Karen upgrades and a pay raise for herself, which just keeps the mediocracy going IMO. They also did earn the 24% bonus for hosting a Super this year as well as the past years.

View attachment 374107View attachment 374108
We did not host a Super this year, so they didn’t receive the 24% incentive.

Reactions: MadWorld
That won’t go over well for Karen unfortunately, especially with the contract up after next season. She has the right to ask for more money/upgrades etc but the product for a raise won’t match the timing for her. Next coach if a move is made will have that luxury in 2-3 years if the program is back to competing at the top of the SEC/Nationally.

As I’ve said several times, Karen’s contract no longer has one year on it and hasn’t for some time.

Reactions: Volfan1000

This is not the latest agreement for Karen.

Reactions: MadWorld
Observation, that Danley 2023 FSU commit is from TN. Probably the #2 lefty pitcher in the state.

Her heart was set on FSU. It's something you can't quantify. Some kids need to spread their wings. That's what frustrates me about these "we need to keep our homegrown talent here" attitudes. Is the grass greener? I don't know. But it's not personal, it's just free will.

Her heart was set on FSU. It's something you can't quantify. Some kids need to spread their wings. That's what frustrates me about these "we need to keep our homegrown talent here" attitudes. Is the grass greener? I don't know. But it's not personal, it's just free will.
As a 7th grader I'm sure she was. But my message had nothing to do with keeping in-state kids or homegrown. With that said, Tennessee will not be doing their job if she progresses and they don't talk with her on Sept. 1. Spread your wings all you want as a player, but it would be nice to know our University went all in on kids and were told no vs. seeing them on TV from name the town TN.

You've made this point about six times. I don't see anyone disagreeing with you, so I have no idea why you keep repeating it.

We can't get everyone, and it's not about keeping everyone in-state. It's about not showing interest and attention to certain in-state players while giving offers to others that turn out to be mid-major material.

Last edited:
I saw something today that really broke my heart. I had no idea, although I’m sure that was by design. Just goes to show that issues, no matter what they are, can plague anyone, even a Division I athlete. I’m glad she’s doing better and raising awareness for others. Hope she stays on the up and up. I really loved watching her compete. Knowing she went through this and kept competing is really something. Hats off to her.

Attachments

• CE3E70A5-EC0F-4F76-ADBF-DA72D93126B8.png
    CE3E70A5-EC0F-4F76-ADBF-DA72D93126B8.png
    7.3 MB · Views: 111
  • F28F5A1E-36C9-4AB0-9972-34B0F50C23FE.png
    F28F5A1E-36C9-4AB0-9972-34B0F50C23FE.png
    593.3 KB · Views: 112

not true. She would have come to UT if Ralph and Karen would have paid attention to her.

Reactions: Halfman3 and Majors

Is she a graduate? I wonder if she can transfer and play right away since she's used her one free transfer already.

Is she a graduate? I wonder if she can transfer and play right away since she's used her one free transfer already.

Probably a grad transfer? Still may need a waiver to transfer. I read something awhile back that said you would need a waiver if transferring a second time even if your a grad transfer? Can anyone confirm?

VN Store

Back