Lady Vols - National Anthem

Please stop with the crazy talk, Do you you know why they take a knee do you ? Posters like you i`m sure are turning away the big time recruits , And if anyone has create division it`s posters like you. And let me be clear i don`t give a HOOT if you no longer support the Lady Vols. Go back to the Trump message board.
You brought up President Trump, I did not. You are one biased individual who does not care about respect. You are the problem ...

Haven't been on here for a while, so I didn't see it. I didn't watch the game, either. I stopped watching the LVs a while back. I did talk to a former player, though, and she was more than a bit peeved. Following a bad game with a worse game, I gather.
Too focused on protesting during the National Anthem than actually doing what they are here to do and play good fundamental basketball.

They try to act like dudes out there instead of being what they are. I hate watching the lady Vols and because of the protesting my wife won't watch them anymore and she is involved in women's basketball so she used to love watching the lady's play.

Too focused on protesting during the National Anthem than actually doing what they are here to do and play good fundamental basketball.

They try to act like dudes out there instead of being what they are. I hate watching the lady Vols and because of the protesting my wife won't watch them anymore and she is involved in women's basketball so she used to love watching the lady's play.

Literally has nothing to do with how they play basketball

If you think taking a knee affects game play, I’m just gonna assume you didn’t play sports.

If your argument is that they’re not focused, that’s on coaching.
It's not the knee that affects their play its their mindset.

Furthermore, it is not the coaches job/fault to get the players heads in the right spot. There is absolutely no way you can make a person think/do what they should. That is on the player.

A coach can tell the player what to do all game long but it take the players will/want to do what the coach says to do.

Reactions: dovervolz
Please stop with the crazy talk, Do you you know why they take a knee do you ? Posters like you i`m sure are turning away the big time recruits , And if anyone has create division it`s posters like you. And let me be clear i don`t give a HOOT if you no longer support the Lady Vols. Go back to the Trump message board.
I bet you bend over during the national anthem

It's not the knee that affects their play its their mindset.

Furthermore, it is not the coaches job/fault to get the players heads in the right spot. There is absolutely no way you can make a person think/do what they should. That is on the player.

A coach can tell the player what to do all game long but it take the players will/want to do what the coach says to do.

Part of a coach’s job is literally to lead.

I’m now also assuming you’ve not studied much about leadership.

And you are the reason that my son will be attending an HBCU. You’ll miss us when we’re gone.
So that’s what you teach your son? Run away to a HBCU because of what could happen elsewhere? How will that help him when he’s out of college? Going beyond just him how does separating help anything? Politicians and the MSM love to drive the wedge of racial division.

Since we're down the kneel/no kneel rabbit hole, I've never understood why we have the NA before sporting events in the first place. Obviously its a chance to show respect, appreciation, etc, but it also has a dear leader militaristic feel to it as well IMO.

Turns out the custom started with WWI and WWII as a way to garner public support and war bond buying for the war effort. After WWII, owners of sports teams realized the patriotic tie-in was good for biz and so starting playing the full anthem before every game.

I don't think for a minute that one of these kids meant the slightest bit of disrespect. We don't have to guess what they meant, because Rennia told us at the start of her Arkansas postgame interview. In general, she said, just awareness of "all the things that happened this week" apparently referring to Jan 6. Kind of generic, actually, just assuming a prayerful pose for their country. We're mad at them over that?

Kneeling morphed long ago from some revolutionary gesture to something different, to which lots of different causes can be attached. Lots and lots of worse things to get worked up over.

Last edited:
Since we're down the kneel/no kneel rabbit hole, I've never understood why we have the NA before sporting events in the first place. Obviously its a chance to show respect, appreciation, etc, but it also has a dear leader militaristic feel to it as well IMO.

Turns out the custom started with WWI and WWII as a way to garner public support and war bond buying for the war effort. After WWII, owners of sports teams realized the patriotic tie-in was good for biz and so starting playing the full anthem before every game.

I don't think for a minute that one of these kids meant the slightest bit of disrespect. We don't have to guess what they meant, because Rennia told us at the start of her Arkansas postgame interview. In general, she said, just awareness of "all the things that happened this week" apparently referring to Jan 6. Kind of generic, actually, just assuming a prayerful pose for their country.

Kneeling morthed long ago from some revolutionary gesture to something different, to which lots of different causes can be attached. Lots and lots of worse things to get worked up over.
Pat Summitt kept her players in the locker room when the national anthem played for YEARS until the SEC made it mandatory to be on the floor.

wonder why nobody talkin about that?

Pat Summitt kept her players in the locker room when the national anthem played for YEARS until the SEC made it mandatory to be on the floor.

wonder why nobody talkin about that?
So what .. were they protesting something . ?? Back then alot of sporting events the national anthem was played while teams were still in locker rooms .. it just what they did .. it wasn't in protest cause the Mens team had better warm-ups .. lol .. hilarious ..

Reactions: 1985Vols
So what .. were they protesting something . ?? Back then alot of sporting events the national anthem was played while teams were still in locker rooms .. it just what they did .. it wasn't in protest cause the Mens team had better warm-ups .. lol .. hilarious ..
it was.. it is what it is back then...but today its they dont love their country.. they are being disrespectful to veterans.... yadda yadda yadda

Reactions: volforlife10

VN Store

Back