Lady Vols - National Anthem

Got to watch out in here. Condemning acts from both sides of the aisle isn't allowed. Many of these right wing clowns believe every choice is either/or. Also, if you dislike Trump you must be a communist. You must laugh as you read or you'll lose IQ points
We're not the ones trying to silence all opposing views

I think it was a good lose if used to embarrass the heck out of these lazy " girls" not women, not Ladies...immature girlsi. Not sure Kellie's motives, but here is what big things from which to be learned.
Kasi, catch ball while throwing your rump back, and go up-period! No dribble! You use your size, and beautiful rear to get automatic contact and a foul! Go up whether you like turn around or not. They are on your butt, side, and waiting to steal you dribble.
Jordan, playing d is bringing the best of your game, you stay with that
Key, why do you lean over people a ft smaller than you? Seriously stop, stand ground, and straight up? Stop it!
Until a small guard can contribute on D just stop playing them! Rennie is a fine D player in my opinion. Play here!
Davis drink Rae's energy and passion! Davis needs to be forced to scream at team before, and at halftime, and herself. It is a shame to have so much talent and just not play like you know it!
D was a joke
Kellie...if they are allowed to even touch a ball before next game...during practice ( they should get in gym on own after this) instead of none stop sitting, with their mouth's shut, and just forced to watch game non stop, then you should quit! Period!
Holly at least could get great talent here, you can't seem to make it play, soft, h
College level, or Lord- hard, or have you shown you can recruit at any level, worth of top 5 in SEC!
Period. Step up or go!!!
Maybe they can practice shooting while on their knees

I do think that between the Lady Vols play yesterday and the National Anthem stuff they need to pull their head out. I defended them about the anthem but you need to back that up with solid play. Otherwise your message is lost.

Their play, plus the social stuff is alienating fans. Something they can ill afford to do. We have heard them complain about not feeling supported by the fan base before. Something that irked me quite a lot. They are lucky to play for a WBB program that even has fans. The fact that so many have stuck around through the Holly years was a miracle on its own. If they want to keep playing in that kind of environment they’re going to have to step up their game or there won’t be many fans coming back next season after COVID. I’m as die hard as anyone but it’s getting old for me too. Pretty sad.

People aren’t going to pay to watch them play like that.

Reactions: sccshortstop
what is about you people and kneeling. most of you guys don’t know how it feels to be black in this society, so don’t talk down on them for protesting in a very peaceful way. If you don’t watch the games, get off the forums. 🤡
What Do you mean “ In this society”? You do realize how Far this country has come in the last 50 years with regards to equality, right? 12 years ago we elected a president that was black and even re-elected him. He was elected not because black people voted for him, but because white people voted for him. We are getting ready to have a black VP. I really don’t understand statements like the one you made?

I do think that between the Lady Vols play yesterday and the National Anthem stuff they need to pull their head out. I defended them about the anthem but you need to back that up with solid play. Otherwise your message is lost.

Their play, plus the social stuff is alienating fans. Something they can ill afford to do. We have heard them complain about not feeling supported by the fan base before. Something that irked me quite a lot. They are lucky to play for a WBB program that even has fans. The fact that so many have stuck around through the Holly years was a miracle on its own. If they want to keep playing in that kind of environment they’re going to have to step up their game or there won’t be many fans coming back next season after COVID. I’m as die hard as anyone but it’s getting old for me too. Pretty sad.

People aren’t going to pay to watch them play like that.
What does people dying have to with making lay ups? Those two things have nothing to do with each other. They can be socially conscious and play a bad game.

Reactions: LadyVol1908
I'm not sure who half of you guys complaining are.....Never seen you before.
Mistakes were made, corrections will be made....
Enough said...

"Corrections will be made"??? When??? We are seeing the lack of coaching and the same ole "crap" from last year and now this year too!! I have had it with this team...first the kneeling during the National Anthem and the "lazy" up and down the floor...many more losses are coming.

Reactions: alexvol
What does people dying have to with making lay ups? Those two things have nothing to do with each other. They can be socially conscious and play a bad game.

I’ve told plenty of posters “byyeee” on here the last few days over the Anthem stuff. I’m sure the players feel the same, don’t need that negativity. That said, you can’t expect the fans who do support you to show up when you play like that. So you lose half over the social issue and half over your play. Suddenly you’re in an empty arena. Just the fact of the matter.

If they don’t sort out their play they’ll be playing in front of cardboard cutouts for the foreseeable future. Not something any of them want. Most of them came to UT because the opportunity you get to play in front of a great crowd every night.

"Corrections will be made"??? When??? We are seeing the lack of coaching and the same ole "crap" from last year and now this year too!! I have had it with this team...first the kneeling during the National Anthem and the "lazy" up and down the floor...many more losses are coming.
Kara didn't "pay her dues" grind it out coaching wise.She stepped right into a big time job Wonder why that is???

I’ve told plenty of posters “byyeee” on here the last few days over the Anthem stuff. I’m sure the players feel the same, don’t need that negativity. That said, you can’t expect the fans who do support you to show up when you play like that. So you lose half over the social issue and half over your play. Suddenly you’re in an empty arena. Just the fact of the matter.

If they don’t sort out their play they’ll be playing in front of cardboard cutouts for the foreseeable future. Not something any of them want. Most of them came to UT because the opportunity you get to play in front of a great crowd every night.
How is supporting the anthem, this country and respect for fallen relatives and friends "negative stuff"?

Reactions: sccshortstop
what is about you people and kneeling. most of you guys don’t know how it feels to be black in this society, so don’t talk down on them for protesting in a very peaceful way. If you don’t watch the games, get off the forums. 🤡
It's wrong platform ... its disrespect .. I am in favor of bringing awareness ... yes there is brutality .. and bad things happened and those responsible should get what the law says . But I have great black friends .. they don't talk about the brutality as much as . they would rather talk about responsibility of their own race to clean it up .. follow the direction of those in authority and all will be well .. and for black men to stop killing black men .. get jobs .. work.. work .. take responsibility for your actions .. quit having babies you can't support .. and that goes on in all races .. white and black need to clean it up .. take responsibility .. educate .. be respectful of law enforcement even if you dont trust .. I have been stopped myself by smart elec officers .. I wasn't happy but I did EVERYTHING they told me to do. And I went home to my wife...

It's wrong platform ... its disrespect .. I am in favor of bringing awareness ... yes there is brutality .. and bad things happened and those responsible should get what the law says . But I have great black friends .. they don't talk about the brutality as much as . they would rather talk about responsibility of their own race to clean it up .. follow the direction of those in authority and all will be well .. and for black men to stop killing black men .. get jobs .. work.. work .. take responsibility for your actions .. quit having babies you can't support .. and that goes on in all races .. white and black need to clean it up .. take responsibility .. educate .. be respectful of law enforcement even if you dont trust .. I have been stopped myself by smart elec officers .. I wasn't happy but I did EVERYTHING they told me to do. And I went home to my wife...
It's the only platform they have with a camera...

Really. I might believe this back in the 70's 80's even 90's. However with all the programs instituted for Minorities to get a leg up; I just don't anymore. Granted; there are instances of Prejudice , but overall everyone willing to work hard has the same opportunity for success in this Country, have you not seen the Priority Admissions to our Universities for Minorities (lower test scores gaining admission simply because of color---at HARVARD for example; over more qualified Asians (a minority too) Hispanics & Whites) And Blacks currently enjoy First Preference in ALL levels of Government hiring; qualifications mattering less. If you want to discuss a few bad Cops, I'll give you that; but I still go to the adage that if you do the right thing, you will run afoul of the Law noticeably less. Bombs away.

I have to wonder where their heads are? Disinterested play, knelling during the national anthem and now staying in the locker room during the anthem. Are they too woke to play?

If there was ever a game where your players should have been inspired,,,We back Pat,,,following an ugly win,,,this is it.

What Do you mean “ In this society”? You do realize how Far this country has come in the last 50 years with regards to equality, right? 12 years ago we elected a president that was black and even re-elected him. He was elected not because black people voted for him, but because white people voted for him. We are getting ready to have a black VP. I really don’t understand statements like the one you made?
The reason you don't understand is because you've never been and never will be Black!

So you have great Black friends , unless they kneel about injustice, that you will never experience! It's better to be thought to be racial, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt! Let's Go Lady Vols!

Really. I might believe this back in the 70's 80's even 90's. However with all the programs instituted for Minorities to get a leg up; I just don't anymore. Granted; there are instances of Prejudice , but overall everyone willing to work hard has the same opportunity for success in this Country, have you not seen the Priority Admissions to our Universities for Minorities (lower test scores gaining admission simply because of color---at HARVARD for example; over more qualified Asians (a minority too) Hispanics & Whites) And Blacks currently enjoy First Preference in ALL levels of Government hiring; qualifications mattering less. If you want to discuss a few bad Cops, I'll give you that; but I still go to the adage that if you do the right thing, you will run afoul of the Law noticeably less. Bombs away.
Keep exposing yourselves to people that really matter in the sports world. If you think recruiting is bad now, people like you will really kill it. The word going around town is one of the reasons recruiting is getting bad and probably will get worse. Good luck!

Keep exposing yourselves to people that really matter in the sports world. If you think recruiting is bad now, people like you will really kill it. The word going around town is one of the reasons recruiting is getting bad and probably will get worse. Good luck!

Yeah well whatever; Dude. Meanwhile you didn't address ANY of my points------------I deal in facts, not agenda. Sad that some can't see the oldest Marxist trick in the books; If you disagree with them, you are a racist. Show me a successful Black Man who made it on his own and I'll show you a Man who doesn't play that game.

VN Store

Back