6-2
CLASS OF 19
New Orleans, LA (Warren Easton)

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️

PROFILES:

247 - Lance LeGendre, Warren Easton, Dual-Threat Quarterback

RIVALS - Rivals.com

OFFERS:

-Indiana, KY, Memphis, OU, OkSt, SoAla, Tulane, SoMiss, VOLS, Houston, MIzzou, UVa, Bama, OklaSt, OreSt,
FSU, UGa, TxA&M

[HUDL]3/5285021/5846efdadfd8b815607446be[/HUDL]

Last edited by a moderator:
they had a bunch of LA boys committed last year too, not sure if they ended up with any of them. doubt he sticks.

QB board??

Hubbs

Also watching his film it looks to me that he doesnt really do a check down. More like the plays are designed to go to a specific player. He also throws up a ton of 50/50 balls that would not translate in the sec. He can throw the ball about 70 yards which is a crazy length especially for a high school junior but the whole time watching film i dont think i got very excited about anything. Maybe recruiting him as an athlete and still pursuing taulia but i cant see this player being THE QB of this class. Might be wrong and may be that much more polished his senior year but as of right now its not an exciting potential commit.

Trying to flip a QB from Kansas? Wow. What happened to our California and Florida connections?

We are recruiting Louisiana hard too. He is only committed to kansas because they have an assistant with was a strong HS coach in area. Similar to last yr when Kansa says landed several top kids from Louisiana early. They don't plan to stick. It's about helping him look like a beast recruiter for another potential job.

Has offers from Bama, FSU, mizzu. We offered him back in January so he must be impressive to the staff. 4 star top 10 QB on rivals. 3 star top 10 dual threat on 247. QBs haven't even had their camp season where they make their real moves in ranking. So he could blow it up for all we know

Reactions: 4 people
We are recruiting Louisiana hard too. He is only committed to kansas because they have an assistant with was a strong HS coach in area. Similar to last yr when Kansa says landed several top kids from Louisiana early. They don't plan to stick. It's about helping him look like a beast recruiter for another potential job.

Has offers from Bama, FSU, mizzu. We offered him back in January so he must be impressive to the staff. 4 star top 10 QB on rivals. 3 star top 10 dual threat on 247. QBs haven't even had their camp season where they make their real moves in ranking. So he could blow it up for all we know

that's fair. when the offer first came out, obviously i was a little skeptical.

seems though, the kid has picked up some steam, the offer list looks a lot stronger, and as you said, he camps some this summer, he could shoot up a lot of peoples boards and rankings.

we'll see.

QB board??

Hubbs

As I said back in the Winter, probably recruiting him as something other than a QB.

Hubbs said the staff LIKES him. I highly doubt they are recruiting him for SOMETHING else. Why does everyone discredit every QB that isn't ranked in the top 10 by their Jr year? Some don't get to showcase until the end of their season or Spring evals. This guy just finished his Jr year, maybe he hasn't camped a whole lot, but if the staff likes him as a QB, it shouldn't be a surprise. That's why they are coaches and we are on-lookers.

Reactions: 1 person
that's fair. when the offer first came out, obviously i was a little skeptical.

seems though, the kid has picked up some steam, the offer list looks a lot stronger, and as you said, he camps some this summer, he could shoot up a lot of peoples boards and rankings.

we'll see.

Does it really matter if he camps or not? Will the staff change their position on him if he does or not? I believe the staff has evaluated him and would like to get him on campus in June for their camp to see his progression and get hands on, but what if he was Helton's guy? Man, this board would implode.

The kid was just in for jr. day so staff has seen him up close. Case closed

Also FSU just offered 4 days ago....

Same FSU recruiting Howell with CB’s rolling in. Aka recruiting is fluid and this kid is talented.

Reactions: 5 people

Stop making so much sense. I was coming in here to freak out and you calmed me down. Jerkface!

Reactions: 2 people
Does it really matter if he camps or not? Will the staff change their position on him if he does or not? I believe the staff has evaluated him and would like to get him on campus in June for their camp to see his progression and get hands on, but what if he was Helton's guy? Man, this board would implode.

no, it really doesn't. and if he's that good, and their guy, then go get him.

we're just given some information, and i formed an opinion. as information changes, so does the opinion....it's not wrong to acknowledge that as he camps some, gets more offers, see his ranking go up, so would the perception of this prospect change. these recruiting services rank these guys for a reason...the overwhelming majority of people that follow recruiting are NOT expert evaluators...so fans use them as a gauge. i'm no different.

and you and i both know that going after a 3* qb that's committed to KS, while watching all the higher rated guys (that we also offered and were going after) go elsewhere, doesn't have the right window dressing for a staff proclaimed to be awesome recruiters, trying to rebuild this program.

like i said, obviously i was skeptical when the offer came out. but, does that really matter in the grand scheme? of course not, i'm not that arrogant, or naive. i trust this staff, and i don't think they're just throwing out offers for the fun of it. they've done their evaluation, they like the kid, and that's fine with me.:thumbsup:

i just want the best players we can get, that will help us get where we want to be. and if that's with a 3* KS commit at QB, fine with me.............:eek:lol:

Reactions: 1 person
kids commit to weird places sometimes. Remember there being a top 50 overall player committed to FAU for a long time a few cycles ago... looks like a player though, watch the film

VN Store

Back